Opiate reissue to be signed?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

A new photo Adam posted on Instagram today suggests that the Opiate reissue will be signed by all members of the band. Presumably all 5000. Edit: According to Danny on Children of Saturn today it appears 2000 are signed.

I bet their hands were so sore afterwards they couldn't bring themselves to writing any new songs! Bastards!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Looks like it won't be any less than $150.00
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^my thoughts exactly, was thinking they are now gonna be no less than at least $100
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

HAHA! All of this speculation on the pricing is insane at times. I can't see them releasing this for $150. That's $750,000 returned to them for RE-releasing an album with new packaging... heinous if it's over $40.00.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If it's autographed it'll be at least $100 in my opinion. Whether or not that offers any value is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It looks like the cases are just thin cardboard too.  Unless those are just like slip covers or something.
Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

The autographs don't really add value to it FOR ME. But I do think that will add value later... $100 still seems steep for a RE-release. Speculation is over next week though eh?
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

I just hope this is "truly for the fans" and doesn't exceed $50, hope in one hand shit in the other I guess. Just wondering how saturated the ebay market is going to be after the release!?
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

My guess is $30. I think a low price will be a gift to loyal fans.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

azbay said
I just hope this is "truly for the fans" and doesn't exceed $50, hope in one hand shit in the other I guess. Just wondering how saturated the ebay market is going to be after the release!?

Not sure you can so easily put a price on something "for the fans" when there's a significant portion of the fanbase that would happily pay $100 for something like this that is autographed.  

As far as Ebay being saturated, no doubt some will appear there, but to be honest if there's 5000, and the price is $100+ I don't really see them selling super quickly.  $100+ is fine when you're selling something limited to say 200 (like the Lateralus vinyl) but for 5000 of them?  I just can't see them shifting so quickly that Ebay will become over inflated.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said
My guess is $30. I think a low price will be a gift to loyal fans.

I'd be shocked and amazed if it was anything under $50.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

$30-$50 is what I'm thinking we'll see also.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

If they only made it available in ToolArmy they would clean up on extra memberships. That would be the smart move.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said
If they only made it available in ToolArmy they would clean up on extra memberships. That would be the smart move.

Not sure they have the capability to do Toolarmy only sales these days.
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

I really hope it's under $50 otherwise I wont get my grubby paws on one... Making a huge purchase in the next few days so my monies will be nonexistent.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

@HB true $100 I agree is a fair price for something signed by Tool (going rate for signed posters if not more at concerts), but for someone interested in all 5 editions, starts getting pretty steep. For that price me and someone else can go have dinner with maynard haha. As far as ebay ya I can see there being postings for three times as much (is what I guess I meant, always amazes me what goes on in there) but still available on the website kinda like the left over posters. Heres hoping the server doesn't crash and price stays low! ;-D
vuduuu
Bronco's Fan

Post by vuduuu »

Highly doubt they will sign all 5000 of them... it will either be a higher price for the signed editions or they will be random/part of the golden ticket thing?
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

The server will crash just like it did with the 33 signed Salival. That day was nuts!
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

@vuduuu did you see Adams IG comment?
"5000 signed #opiate"
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

azbay said
@HB true $100 I agree is a fair price for something signed by Tool (going rate for signed posters if not more at concerts), but for someone interested in all 5 editions, starts getting pretty steep. For that price me and someone else can go have dinner with maynard haha. As far as ebay ya I can see there being postings for three times as much (is what I guess I meant, always amazes me what goes on in there) but still available on the website kinda like the left over posters. Heres hoping the server doesn't crash and price stays low! ;-D

There are two things guaranteed in this sale - the price will be high and the server will crash!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Adam's hair looks cooler and cooler as he gets older. He's lookin' like a Wizard, a Guitar Wizard.
vuduuu
Bronco's Fan

Post by vuduuu »

I did not.. ignore me, carry on. Ludicrous.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Still, 5k is way too many. Should have only signed 500 and made it a big lucky dip
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Not here to bash Tool again.  Already made clear my thoughts on this re-issue.  However, I do think the signatures are a nice touch.  Again, not something I would care about, but it's better than stickers.  I suppose on some level I could understand why the uber-Tool-aficionado might want this.  I wish all of you who are looking to get a copy good luck.

@HB - Nice bit of comic relief there at the end.  Got a decent chuckle out of that one.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Mog and Hellboy - I don't think that was a joke.  Unless they spent something on the back end infrastructure (highly doubtful it was even considered) the Toolband/TA Store WILL crash on 3/26.  

The sigs don't change my mind about this at all.
Ki77aan :twisted: