Opiate Reissue: What we know!

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said 
All I'm going to say about the price is if people are willing to pay $100 - $125 for a signed concert poster then this shouldn't be a big surprise.

One of the most sensible posts up here today.  It's expensive, and I can understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it, but genuinely surprised people didn't see this price coming.

Thanks. 

I think the thing that messed with people's price expectations the most is Adam's "for the fans" comment.

pretty much! thats excatly what i thought. and while its a collectible and tool puts care into what they do and i love that i cant do this this time around..if had money would i? i dont know..i might cave in cause i been a fan since 93 and never have not bought a tool product before. but its 2013 now so the answer is just nope! haha

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hey, someone quoted Hooker with a Penis.  Awesome!!!
I like to poop naked.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Just as i read thos HWAP lyrics, HWAP came on Pandora...ahhahahahahahha

Those lyrics pretty much obliterate anything any dumbass fan has to say.

Buy it. Don't buy it. Nothing beyond those two choices matter. Complaints are endless....at least these guys are accomplishing things with their lives.

One sees a rip-off. Another sees a cool collectible. Eye of the beholder.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

DRURY said
Just as i read thos HWAP lyrics, HWAP came on Pandora...ahhahahahahahha

Those lyrics pretty much obliterate anything any dumbass fan has to say.

Buy it. Don't buy it. Nothing beyond those two choices matter. Complaints are endless....at least these guys are accomplishing things with their lives.

One sees a rip-off. Another sees a cool collectible. Eye of the beholder.

How many did you buy Drury?
Ki77aan :twisted:
SawThatGapAgainToday
Maynard Believer

Post by SawThatGapAgainToday »

Got 1,2,3 and 4. Gonna pick up 5 on Tuesday. 5 chances for 5 golds!
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

GOT ONE!

THEY ARE ON SALE NOW!

GOT EDITIION #2 AS SOON AS IT WENT ON SALE!!

GOOD LUCK ALL

TOTAL COMES TO $156 WITH SHIPPING!

YAY!
rammy
Maynard Believer

Post by rammy »

Great! failsafe!!
I bought only one.
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

already up on ebay
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bogart said

nxrm said

Bogart said
Welp- I got mine ordered. however, I have it being shipped to the wrong address. Hopefully orders@toolband.com check their email to get this corrected. $150...ouch

Be sure you've updated the address in your member profile too. I'd also continue sending emails to Merch until you receive a confirmation that it'll be shipped to your new address. Once it's out of the shop you're unlikely to get any consideration/help regarding tracking, replacement, refund, etc. Caveat emptor.

Yea i've emailed them a few times. My email address was wrong too. So i emailed them from my old email and new email. I couldn't figure out how to update my info until after I submitted my order. I didn't want to risk losing my item trying to figure it out. So after I placed my order, I updated all of my info on TA.

I'll email them daily. Hopefully it won't be an issue. Most other places are good about getting your info updated.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope it shows up. Be sure to keep us up to date too. It's always good to know how things like this turn out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Maynard Believer

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

markuspoop said

Am I correct that you feel I should have quoted Pushit?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ToolFanFromWayBack said

markuspoop said

Should I have quoted Pushit?

Nah, nah-nah-nah, nah-nah-nah, nah-nah-nah (x2)

I got a certain little girl she's on my mind
No doubt about it she looks so fine
She's the best girl that I ever had
Sometimes she's gonna make me feel so bad

Hush, hush
I thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to blame now

(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Oh, I gotta gotta have it

She's got loving like quicksand
Only took one touch of her hand
To blow my mind and I'm in so deep
That I can't eat and I can't sleep

(Listen)
Hush, hush
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to blame now

(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Hey, I gotta gotta have it

Nahhh, nah-nah-nahhh, nah-nah-nahhh, nah-nah-nahhh....
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said 
All I'm going to say about the price is if people are willing to pay $100 - $125 for a signed concert poster then this shouldn't be a big surprise.

One of the most sensible posts up here today.  It's expensive, and I can understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it, but genuinely surprised people didn't see this price coming.

I'm fairly certain that several of us were well aware of what the pricing was going to be and just can't find a rational reason dropping this kind of cash for this particular item.  (especially for those, me included, who've sunk more than their share of money into this band already). As for the bitching about it, well, that's just silly.

Tool are using basic economic principles to their advantage in order to perpetuate future reality shows and plastic surgery (and winning)... don't like it, don't buy it.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

igotanopiatevinyl said
already up on ebay

ooh... shocking... but considering there's 4000+ left and most of us fans either got them or made their decision not too, I can't see them getting too much, too soon
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

There's already a video on YouTube of someone burning one.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Oh and the ashes are on eBay as well.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineEier said

Tyson or Crow?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said

UndKeineEier said

Tyson or Crow?

I don't know.  Which one has the high voice?

Don't mow your lawn
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

I decided to make this purchase as I am a collector, and was unable to make the purchase of a signed TOOL poster ($130 at the show I went to) the night of the concert last year. I decided why not just pull the trigger and finally own a piece of memorabilia where it's signed by all band members and the artwork is pretty cool.

I have in my TOOL collection vinyls, unsigned framed posters, autographed memorabilia personally signed by maynard (not ones i bought), and I have a ton of signed posters I got personally (again not bought, I actually met the bands) hanging all over my walls so I figured this would be a nice addition. 

Yes, $156 with shipping is a bit pricey, but you know what, I just got my tax return back and honestly it's not costing me a dime. The only problem I have with this situation, although I understand why it was done, is that prices were unannounced prior to posting the product. Oh and the fact this its going to take 4-6 weeks to ship! 

For all the complainers out there, I understand where you are coming from, and no I don't have disposable income, but it's nice to treat yourself to something you personally want to have. To those saying we should spend our money on other things I have to say that I have seen many concerts this year (and have tickets to see more), I have upgraded my music equipment, and made some other much needed purchases, so my priorities were taken care of before I decided to splurge on a piece of music memorabilia. 

No need for all the hate, if you don't want to buy it or think it's stupid so be it, but don't rag on those who decided to make the purchase. 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineEier said

petemasterpete said

UndKeineEier said

Tyson or Crow?

I don't know.  Which one has the high voice?

don't know, neither of them ever have an active mic when we cyber-sex it
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

igotanopiatevinyl said
I decided to make this purchase as I am a collector, and was unable to make the purchase of a signed TOOL poster ($130 at the show I went to) the night of the concert last year. I decided why not just pull the trigger and finally own a piece of memorabilia where it's signed by all band members and the artwork is pretty cool.

I have in my TOOL collection vinyls, unsigned framed posters, autographed memorabilia personally signed by maynard (not ones i bought), and I have a ton of signed posters I got personally (again not bought, I actually met the bands) hanging all over my walls so I figured this would be a nice addition. 

Yes, $156 with shipping is a bit pricey, but you know what, I just got my tax return back and honestly it's not costing me a dime. The only problem I have with this situation, although I understand why it was done, is that prices were unannounced prior to posting the product. Oh and the fact this its going to take 4-6 weeks to ship! 

For all the complainers out there, I understand where you are coming from, and no I don't have disposable income, but it's nice to treat yourself to something you personally want to have. To those saying we should spend our money on other things I have to say that I have seen many concerts this year (and have tickets to see more), I have upgraded my music equipment, and made some other much needed purchases, so my priorities were taken care of before I decided to splurge on a piece of music memorabilia. 

No need for all the hate, if you don't want to buy it or think it's stupid so be it, but don't rag on those who decided to make the purchase. 

^Sounds like you have quite the collection. I'm sure the Opiate re-release will add more than just dollar value to your collection. Enjoy.

You might actually receive it sooner. It's pretty hit and miss when it comes to Tool shipping. I've gotten many things from the TA store, none of them took longer than 2 weeks to get to me. Maybe I'm lucky. Hope you have the same luck.

SteveBobSteve
hawaiimeekus
Maynard Believer

Post by hawaiimeekus »

So I did something I haven't done in years: simple math. $150 x 5,000 = $750,000.

You know, for the fans.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

igotanopiatevinyl,

all your points make perfect sense on a personal level except your take on taxes...

you certainly did pay several dimes and then some... your taxes are money the gov't had in hand that they shouldn't have and noone (except fo maybe God) manages money worse than you're government.  Your tax return is not an entitlement, it is not a bonus, it is a return on your mismanaged personal funds... you always had that money, they just didn't want you to know about and call it your own.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

they should've called this show "Live In A Dive", I can smell the throw up bellowing from the bathroom when I watch this.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

petemasterpete said
igotanopiatevinyl,

all your points make perfect sense on a personal level except your take on taxes...

you certainly did pay several dimes and then some... your taxes are money the gov't had in hand that they shouldn't have and noone (except fo maybe God) manages money worse than you're government.  Your tax return is not an entitlement, it is not a bonus, it is a return on your mismanaged personal funds... you always had that money, they just didn't want you to know about and call it your own.

Agreed.
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

Ouch... Keep in mind. while a large figure. that sum wouldn't even cover their recording budget.

But yeah. i'm generally with you.

Also is this what passes for "bonus laden" these days? tool has jumped the shark and is giving me the sads. Oh well there is the new queens record to look forward to.