Toolarmy Opiate Presale on now

Mass Deception
Maynard Believer

Post by Mass Deception »

A lot of complaining about things people either bought or really have no clue what the entire package fully entails, let's wait the 2 months and those of us dumb/fortunate enough or both, to buy it will know if it's worth it. In my 20 years of being a Tool fan they have not let me down yet....
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Ya its a good chunk of cash, but i bought a poster for $120 and then spent money to frame it. This Opiate art is awesome, and i'll be happy to own it for LESS than what i got a framed poster for.....big fuckin' deal.

People these days really flip out over shit....not realizing that they suffer when they live their life this way, not the object of their disgust.
AbyssalCacophony
Maynard Believer

Post by AbyssalCacophony »

When Blair says that it'll go sale on March 26th, does anyone know which timezone? I would assume PST(GMT - 8:00) given their LA loyalties  but I just want to be sure since I missed the Toolarmy presale.
Station 52
Maynard Believer

Post by Station 52 »

To be honest, I paid $150 for a 0.1% chance of getting one of those magical seals. The signatures, album and artwork is all just a bonus.
madson4562
Maynard Believer

Post by madson4562 »

Anyone else that bought a copy yesterday care to check their ToolArmy Bazaar and see if their purchase is listed under the 'Order History' box on the right? After I made my purchase and got my order number, it showed 'Opiate V4' under my Order History. I just happened to notice that it's no longer listed there with my previous orders, so I wanted to see if this is a universal thing related to their shitty website, or if I have reason for concern. I did make my purchase while on vacation in Canada, so who the hell knows.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

AbyssalCacophony said
Are they out already? If not not, can someone link me to the store? I can't seem to find the presale.

You're about 24 hours too late for the TA pre-sale.  Try again during the public sale later in a couple of days.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^Check your Toolarmy 'order history' and it will have Opiate listed as 'New' rather than 'Shipped'. While they process all these new orders it will say 'New'. It obviously changes once they send them all out.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

madson4562 said
Anyone else that bought a copy yesterday care to check their ToolArmy Bazaar and see if their purchase is listed under the 'Order History' box on the right? After I made my purchase and got my order number, it showed 'Opiate V4' under my Order History. I just happened to notice that it's no longer listed there with my previous orders, so I wanted to see if this is a universal thing related to their shitty website, or if I have reason for concern. I did make my purchase while on vacation in Canada, so who the hell knows.

You'll need to actually select the "Order History" link to verify. Select "Order History" in the Bazaar to see your Order No., Date, Cost, and Status.   
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

igotanopiatevinyl said
If people are complaining about $150 I'd love to know what they think of this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380d926b4

There are still 3,000 of these things waiting to go on sale Tuesday. Some folks out there are definitely not thinking clearly.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

igotanopiatevinyl said

Someone bought that.  Somone.  Bought.  That.

People are stupid.

Hey! Denty!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nothing changes in this world
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

Same guy with another auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380ddcb57

I wonder if he's going to get what he is asking and what he got for the other auction

I also wonder why hellboy suggested it's probably not a good idea to sell these on ebay...

Anyways, I got 1 during the presale, but not gonna buy another one just to stick on ebay and hope it sells enough to pay for the one I bought during presale..I mean I probably could but I think its unethical
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's not the person who sold it. It's the one who bought it.

I mean, the main sale is on Tuesday! Geez Louise.
Hey! Denty!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

I wonder if they are sealed & you have to open them to find out if you won one of the tickets? Meaning one would know if it was opened. That would be funny if these ebay sellers ended up selling one of the albums with the ticket in it
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

I slightly disagree...I think its both the seller and the buyer

The seller for abusing TA presales and jacking the price up

and the Buyer for being uninformed and purchasing an item that he/she will likely be able to purchase at face value

@azbay

Kharma can sometimes be a bitch and would find it funny if the ebay seller did in fact sell the golden ticket haha
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

igotanopiatevinyl said
Same guy with another auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380ddcb57

I wonder if he's going to get what he is asking and what he got for the other auction

I also wonder why hellboy suggested it's probably not a good idea to sell these on ebay...

Anyways, I got 1 during the presale, but not gonna buy another one just to stick on ebay and hope it sells enough to pay for the one I bought during presale..I mean I probably could but I think its unethical

Because he's an idiot?

Only an absolute fool would've thought that this was not going to be profitable.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said 

Because he's an idiot?

Only an absolute fool would've thought that this was not going to be profitable.

I stand by my comment and question if any of these have actually been sold yet.
TOOLSOGNO
Maynard Believer

Post by TOOLSOGNO »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said

igotanopiatevinyl said

People are stupid.

Whoever bought it didn't pay the $400.  It says best offer accepted.  They still probably overpaid, but they didn't pay $400.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said

igotanopiatevinyl said

People are stupid.

Whoever bought it didn't pay the $400.  It says best offer accepted.  They still probably overpaid, but they didn't pay $400.

People will be in the next few months. Possibly even next week.

Nicole Judith Ridgway
Maynard Believer

Post by Nicole Judith Ridgway »

Hello people this is Paolo AKA Nicole Judith Ridgway from Italy. I was one of the lucky (?) people who bought a signed Opiate (#3, don't ask me why because I don't know why I have chosen that). 

I was out at the shops with my girl and my laptop and this thing was really INSANE. I changed my mind the second after I confirmed my order. I joined the TA the previous morning buying the Venerable kit, just to get my Opi-HATE signed CD in advance.

I would have bought all 5 if the prices hadn't been 150$ each. I spent 200euros=260$=250AUD in a morning for them. And now I'm reading about some MoFo's who sell it on the bay @ 400$. fuckin'insane. I.AM.Insane.We.Are.Insane. And Tool should know that. 

I don't know if ALL of you work and have a good wage. All I can tell you is I get 1400euro=1800$=1750AUD, and the half of that goes away for house rent. Consider also bills, grocery shopping, etc...No dear Tool, this is not right.

P.s.: 10x Matt 4 fixing the forum-thing
Nicole Judith Ridgway
Maynard Believer

Post by Nicole Judith Ridgway »

Ehm...did you receive the receipt of the ep? I don't have anything in my mail....
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Nicole Judith Ridgway said
Hello people this is Paolo AKA Nicole Judith Ridgway from Italy. I was one of the lucky (?) people who bought a signed Opiate (#3, don't ask me why because I don't know why I have chosen that). 

I was out at the shops with my girl and my laptop and this thing was really INSANE. I changed my mind the second after I confirmed my order. I joined the TA the previous morning buying the Venerable kit, just to get my Opi-HATE signed CD in advance.

I would have bought all 5 if the prices hadn't been 150$ each. I spent 200euros=260$=250AUD in a morning for them. And now I'm reading about some MoFo's who sell it on the bay @ 400$. fuckin'insane. I.AM.Insane.We.Are.Insane. And Tool should know that. 

I don't know if ALL of you work and have a good wage. All I can tell you is I get 1400euro=1800$=1750AUD, and the half of that goes away for house rent. Consider also bills, grocery shopping, etc...No dear Tool, this is not right.

P.s.: 10x Matt 4 fixing the forum-thing

No one made you buy it.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Money comes and goes everyone...usually it goes.

Jobless losers find a way to support their crack habits on a daily basis. Im sure a few tool devotees can scrounge $150 for this if they want it.

It's only a tiny percentage of Tool listeners or concert goers that even KNOW this exists, so its definitely just for the few that care for this sort of thing.

I doubt if this was more mass produced anybody would care, or even buy it. The way people talk on here it is clear that the newer generation hates spending money on physical music, and will just steal it online anyways.

Maybe this is a big fuck you to that attitude. Ahahahhahahaa good. Im tired of babies that always are looking for free shit, and complain endlessly about parting with their money. Enjoy not having this, and feel superior with your upturned noses.