Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

igotanopiatevinyl said
Presale is officially

SOLD OUT

Not a bad day.... 

$150,000

Wow. I thought it would take a few days with that price.

Smart men, them Tool members.

Hope everyone who wanted to get one got one. If not, good luck on Tuesday. I'm done talking about this release.

SteveBobSteve
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

My personal take is that $150 is just a little too high but I still got one. It depends what angle you look at it from: the signed Lateralus vinyls were $100 back in October 2005 but they only did 300 of them. Charging $100 for a signed poster at live shows in 2010/11/12 etc. is fine with me too. However, while I appreciate there is some new artwork and packaging involved, charging $150 in early 2013 even considering inflation etc. is too much. Even Ignoring the exclusivity (300 signed vinyls versus 5000 signed Opiate cds), their $150 price just seems a little steep... Then again, I just purchased a signed new piece of artwork from all 4 members of my favourite band and I'll have it in 4-6 weeks. Pretty cool.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

did anyone think maybe the TOOL sticker was possibly one of the first ones they wanted to put out or something or maybe even did before they were anything? i know the opiate t shirt i had (which i gave to some chick i dated for a month but i did get laid at least. haha) was the same logo design as undertow and aneima. (my fav look with the capitals)

anyway, it would be neat if this was some doodle or something adam did in 1991 or something. prob not though
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

I'm hoping it gets mailed sooner!

So will you have to open it to figure out if you have the golden ticket?

Will people be opening theirs or getting it framed or leaving it as be? I'm interested in seeing what people are going to do with theirs.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

The new logo looks similar to the one used for the holy gift documentary.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Is it over yet?

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think framing it unopened would be kinda silly given that there are 5000 of them. If you frame it, you should open it up first and frame it in a way which best displays all of the artwork and signatures. It's more expensive to do because the layout and framing is bigger but it just looks so much better.

And that logo is definitely a 2013 version of what they had back in 1992. There's no way that's the new Tool logo.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Its a nice looking package. Love this EP, and now it is complete with awesome artwork. Im gonna buy it. Why not? Death comes rippin', and all those seal of saturn fed reserve notes will be wasted anyways...
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

If people are complaining about $150 I'd love to know what they think of this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Opiate-Rei ... 3380d926b4
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

igotanopiatevinyl said

No one's going to buy it. 

Don't mow your lawn
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Looking at ebay for tool autographed memorabilia, there is a ton of stuff on there that is going for far less than $500

I also saw this dude who has many tool signed items for sale and posted videos of himself waiting at airports for the members to arrive and then get his items signed

and i always felt weird waiting outside the venue after a show hahaha...

talk about stalking!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

DRURY said
Its a nice looking package. Love this EP, and now it is complete with awesome artwork. Im gonna buy it. Why not? Death comes rippin', and all those seal of saturn fed reserve notes will be wasted anyways...

Thank you
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

igotreamedbuyinganopiatereissue said

Fuck THAT.

I'm going for THIS bad boy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Opiate-CD- ... 20d0987cdf
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

igotanopiatevinyl said

I've said it before - I think these are overpriced and won't sell all that quickly.  Anyone hoping to make a buck on Ebay will probably be disappointed.

And I have very little sympathy for anyone dumb enough to pay that price for it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said

igotreamedbuyinganopiatereissue said

Fuck THAT.

I'm going for THIS bad boy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Opiate-CD- ... 20d0987cdf

You'd have to be an idiot to pay that much.

Don't mow your lawn
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

I hope that ebayer gets dick parasites.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'm not going to read the posts after my own. Yeah, I'm a dick. Fuck you, too.

If you're OK with paying $150 for this, then go nuts. Absolutely no judgment.

That said, I think this is the defining moment when TOOL lost it. This is insane. Be happy, be safe - but this is ridiculous.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

If it was a vinyl and I had the money to spend I might actually have considered buying it but it isn't vinyl and I have no money so that's the end of that.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

kawww kawww

go taff!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

send more money!!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

>$150

NOPE
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Yeah, if this were a vinyl for sale with a huge sleeve full of artwork it might be a different story... But its a CD, and its not even remastered, but the same one I already own with a new label pressed on the disc.

I haven't owned a dedicated CD player in years, so this would just be ripped to my iTunes library immediately for listening like everything else... So I would be paying $150 for a digipak-sized sleeve with a sticker and a couple inserts? No, its not worth it for that money.

Its the damn autographs that they used to justify the $150 price, I'm sure, but even so a few sharpie signatures do not hold that much value to me. Hopefully some months from now they will press some more copies without them for $30 or something instead, and I'll consider getting one.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

agreed, i bought a signed poster for 130 and its big and i framed it myself so the whole signature thing was worth it for me on that one but a smaller sized sleeve wouldnt be wall worth to me for sigs.. if this was 30 or something i would get it too. they are charging 25 a sig i think the way it works out. thats how the toronto poster was. 130 signed 30 unsigned. so maybe they will charge 50 for this unsigned. i still wouldnt buy it for 50.

some agree some disagree but i think their taking advantage of their fans. even if people went and sold on ebay which is lame its not like they arent rich by now. give me a break. just like Adams doodled posters going for 425 or whatever it was at the shows. they are only thinking about people reselling i think. i dont like that either but their already loaded..wtf does it matter to them?
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

It's official. Crow has confirmed that Tool has now lost it.

Since this is the case, i guess we can assume he won't be visiting this website anymore to share his thoughts on a band that in his mind has "lost it".

Sorry to see you go, buddy. Enjoy the sips of coke as you point the finger.