Opiate 21st Anniversary reissue on sale to the public

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The saddest part about this whole affair is most people said it was too expense but they purchased one anyway, being a Tool fan has officially become a mental illness.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@hellboy
Did you get an increase in traffic on this site as far as new users go since this re-release hit? I'm seeing alot of new names in here...
ScottSherrod
Maynard Believer

Post by ScottSherrod »

some of you guys are insane. yeah bands rerelease stuff because they busted their asses off. this is the album that started it all, 21 years later look where they are and the things they are producing. it is celebrating that. remastering the music or adding any tracks to it would taint what it symbolizes. instead they just gave it the packaging it rightfully deserves and signed it, though that must be a little awkward for JC, and threw in extra stuff because they care how awesome everything is that they release. show me this giant list of bands that gives you equal quality content, can't imagine it is very long.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Zwerewolf said
@hellboy
Did you get an increase in traffic on this site as far as new users go since this re-release hit? I'm seeing alot of new names in here...

Been a steady increase in traffic since the beginning of the year.  Probably getting about 20-30% more traffic now than we were mid-January.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

so i guess their sold out now. so lets see, thats 750 grand for new artwork in a cardboard sleeve and a sore arm for a few days. this is for the fans! lol

and Hellboy, havent said it yet but love the Boba Fett pic. i been into collecting some Star Wars figs since last Nov. i could buy a lot of cool figures for 150 bucks!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

bob said i could buy a lot of cool figures for 150 bucks!
Yeah but are they signed?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
@mog

Less than 5,000 out of a couple million fans.....obviously most people aren't going to "gobble" this up. Its just for those that really like it. The haters are just doing what they do best, which is cry about Tool and fantasize that they are the BOSS OF THEM.

LOL

How does a band get any money? From us, dickhead. Are you aware of how simple economics work? You do something for me, I pay you. It's called a job.

And if you think we're such terrible individuals, then STOP TALKING TO US. The only time we directly reply to your posts is when you mention us.

I'm surrounded by fucking idiots.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

satanbakesale said
I bought two sets. After I wait for a while Im gonna sell one on eBAY and make my money back due to the idiots that are willing to overpay. Im basically going to be getting it for free and possibly even profit from it . BOOM BITCHES!

If you're being serious, then you're a new type of awesome.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Beckett11
Maynard Believer

Post by Beckett11 »

What's worth more at this point?... Tool Demo 72826, Aenima Vinyl, Salival Box Set, or this signed Opiate Anniversary re-issue? At $150.00 this would seem to be pretty high on that list.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@Walter

good to see someone with a sense of reality here. Great comments.

these days, its just too hard for people to not be overly negative, cynical, and bitchy. It's too bad.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

DRURY said
@mog

Less than 5,000 out of a couple million fans…..obviously most people aren’t going to “gobble” this up. Its just for those that really like it. The haters are just doing what they do best, which is cry about Tool and fantasize that they are the BOSS OF THEM.

LOL
How does a band get any money? From us, dickhead. Are you aware of how simple economics work? You do something for me, I pay you. It’s called a job.

And if you think we’re such terrible individuals, then STOP TALKING TO US. The only time we directly reply to your posts is when you mention us.

I’m surrounded by fucking idiots.

I would love to see you say any of this bitchy shit to a band member to their face.

*crow meets danny*
"Hey Danny, you fucking dick why did you charge so much for that signed limited edition CD with a bunch of artwork, what a douche you are! I'm your BOSS and i DEMAND that you do what I want!!!!!"

you're a psychopath.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Beckett11 said
What's worth more at this point?... Tool Demo 72826, Aenima Vinyl, Salival Box Set, or this signed Opiate Anniversary re-issue? At $150.00 this would seem to be pretty high on that list.

Aenima vinyl

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Buy one if you think it's worth it. Ignore it if you don't.

Listen to their their music if you think it's worth it. Ignore it if you don't.

Who cares if they've put out one album in 10 years or 10 albums in one year. They're just a fucking ROCK BAND fer crissakes.

If a band doesn't release an album in 7 or 8 years then so be it - it's their fucking band. If they want to lead a cushy lifestyle or grow mushrooms out their ears, at the end of the day it should make little difference to your own life.

Unless of course you are a sad sack of shit with nothing better to bitch about.

I bought one - as a collectors item. It will look good on my shelf. Perhaps one day I'll sell the thing and make some dough.

Whatever. Oh well. Now...back to my coffee and danish.

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

haha, no they arent signed! i'll sign them for ya! with mmmmy diiick in my haaand hahaah
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

ScottSherrod said
some of you guys are insane. yeah bands rerelease stuff because they busted their asses off. this is the album that started it all, 21 years later look where they are and the things they are producing. it is celebrating that. remastering the music or adding any tracks to it would taint what it symbolizes. instead they just gave it the packaging it rightfully deserves and signed it, though that must be a little awkward for JC, and threw in extra stuff because they care how awesome everything is that they release. show me this giant list of bands that gives you equal quality content, can't imagine it is very long.

Yeah don't taint the music by making it sound better, lol.  Instead taint the shit out of the artwork that was actually created by Adam.  It's there way of celebrating that they can just pay someone else to do it now.  Don't get me wrong I like the new art , but artwork done by Adam before they were huge rock stars symbolizes a lot more to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was drawn to tool  in part by the fact that they created the music videos and album art early on. 
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

sublime5446 said

ScottSherrod said

Yeah don't taint the music by making it sound better, lol.  Instead taint the shit out of the artwork that was actually created by Adam.  It's there way of celebrating that they can just pay someone else to do it now.  Don't get me wrong I like the new art , but artwork done by Adam before they were huge rock stars symbolizes a lot more to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was drawn to tool  in part by the fact that they created the music videos and album art early on. 

heh heh...taint
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Calfium Jay said
Buy one if you think it's worth it. Ignore it if you don't.

Listen to their their music if you think it's worth it. Ignore it if you don't.

Who cares if they've put out one album in 10 years or 10 albums in one year. They're just a fucking ROCK BAND fer crissakes.

If a band doesn't release an album in 7 or 8 years then so be it - it's their fucking band. If they want to lead a cushy lifestyle or grow mushrooms out their ears, at the end of the day it should make little difference to your own life.

Unless of course you are a sad sack of shit with nothing better to bitch about.

I bought one - as a collectors item. It will look good on my shelf. Perhaps one day I'll sell the thing and make some dough.

Whatever. Oh well. Now...back to my coffee and danish.

^ Shocker a typical hipster response.  Cal is ABOVE it all while he pontificates over why no one should be salty over Tool's bullshit.  You see Cal isn't actually present, here at Fourtheye, a Tool band forum, his inner hipster spirit is reaching out across time and space to spread his message of meh to the world.  Love ya Cal but ur full of shit.  Enjoy the danish.  Cheerio.

bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

So yeah...I bought one...I think.  It was the day of the toolarmy presale.  I bought #5 after it had seemingly sold out but then it had miraculously returned!  Praise god....zilla!

I got the two confirmation emails.  I didn't notice if the had charged my debit card at that time.  I know that it does not appear to have been charged currently.  I seem to remember in the past that the charge does not show up until they ship the item.  It confused people in the past because they have to make sure they keep that dough in their account and not forget about the pending charge.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Zwerewolf said: @hellboy Did you get an increase in traffic on this site as far as new users go since this re-release hit? I’m seeing alot of new names in here…

Hellboy1975 said: Been a steady increase in traffic since the beginning of the year. Probably getting about 20-30% more traffic now than we were mid-January.

@hellboy1975:
I'm glad something good is coming out of the hype for you. You run a really nice site here and it's always the first site I check when I'm looking for new TOOL, APC, MELVINS, info.

Speaking of info, I read somewhere else (a few months ago and never thought to ask you) that James Iha made a statement saying he would no longer be playing with APC or anyone else because he found out he has aids (that's the short of it). Have you heard anything about this at all and could you possibly shed some light on it for me? I know James is quite the little jokester most times and I wouldn't put it past him...

Can't find any other info on this. If it's true it makes me incredibly sad because Pumpkins were one of my favs as a youngster and James has always been a virtuoso in my eyes.

Thanks for your hospitality Hellboy.

Best Regards,

Zwerewolf
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Not a creature was stirring?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Zwerewolf said
Not a creature was stirring?

Not even a mouse

lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

blair's interview with adam is up on feb's newsletter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

lucidcandle said

I can see why they didn't rush to publish it.  I thought I was reading one of the other interviews already out.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

hellboy1975 said

lucidcandle said

I can see why they didn't rush to publish it.  I thought I was reading one of the other interviews already out.

I had that feeling too, and now I think we were.

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

mogeffingmog said

^ Shocker a typical hipster response.  Cal is ABOVE it all while he pontificates over why no one should be salty over Tool's bullshit.  You see Cal isn't actually present, here at Fourtheye, a Tool band forum, his inner hipster spirit is reaching out across time and space to spread his message of meh to the world.  Love ya Cal but ur full of shit.  Enjoy the danish.  Cheerio.

While you were typing that I was listening to Ulver.