VIP Tickets for Australia and NZ Tool shows

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Tool is still going to make a new album.they are just doing what they can to make money. Since the 2009 tour that was prevelant. someone on here or somewhere told me he was talking to John Z i think his name is that was in the pigmys and he said tool did the 2009 tour straight up for the cash. makes sense considering that was the same stage design,same setlist.blah blah.

to me that was the worse cash grab tour. at least in 2010 and 2012 it was a diff stage and some diff tunes. 09 was cash city! its like a weird marriage or something. we know its b.s but were still fans and kinda look the other way. fuckers! haha
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

Ya they're kinda of pieces of shit.   not including a ticket in the package honestly blew my mind.  
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Boss said
There's nothing to say about this. I think we're all on the same page.

Really looking forward to pirating their next release now. I mean, really looking forward to it.

For the first time in, like, well............ever..........I agree with you.

Agenda
Maynard Believer

Post by Agenda »

No one can argue that this is not overpriced. Everyone knows that this is overpriced, so my question is this, who will actually pay $650 dollars to do this? This is not an attack on fan boys, I'm honestly asking who would buy this? 20 people? Maybe 50? Obviously it will only be the much more diehard fans, but they must also be well heeled to be to pay this kind of money for an experience that will last less than a couple of hours. No one, even the most hardcore fans could possibly see real 'value' in this. It's a great idea but, what if it fails? What if they sell 10 VIP packages? What if it just fails?  
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Not even a band like U2 would stoop that low and request $650 for a Meet and Greet.

Silly pricks. Only 4 studio albums released with a total of 20 million album sales. That's a pinch of salt in comparison to other bands. Who do they think they are? The Rolling fucking Stones?

Correction: make that 13 million albums sold worldwide. Pffft..
flood
Maynard Believer

Post by flood »

wow. this is pretty pathetic.

although if they'd included a ticket and put this up for sale BEFORE the initial ticket release i think they'd have done quite well out of it
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

You just know they drew straws too to see who would have to put up with their awful fans.

I think Jones will be in the clear. This bullshit would scare off even the biggest, most moronic fan.

I do believe TOOL just went full retard.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Q&A included?

Lights, camera, action!

Whose prepared to face MTV Australia and the world as being "that fan" who forked out 650 to get that show bag?

Full of wonderful goodies such as Danny's pillow and whatever else was gathering dust for the past decade or so in the loft basement.

They have gone full retard.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

April Fools!
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said
April Fools!

I've seriously been considering that idea. Turns out it's actually $50, or something wonderful like that.

snaggle
Maynard Believer

Post by snaggle »

Everyone calm down. This isn't mandatory. You're not gonna be forced to get a VIP ticket.
An over the top price on a VIP pass doesn't make it ok to steal from them either.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I'm speechless. I fucking hate this band right now. I'm with The Boss, I'm going to pirate the shit out of their new album.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snaggle said
Everyone calm down. This isn't mandatory. You're not gonna be forced to get a VIP ticket.
An over the top price on a VIP pass doesn't make it ok to steal from them either.

I think you're missing the point.  The point is that not many her like the idea that a band the hold in high esteem is now appearing to be milking their fanbase for all they're worth.
perfectool14
Maynard Believer

Post by perfectool14 »

hey, if I could walk into work and be like "hey boss, you want to do a q and a with me and watch me play guitar? then give me 500 bucks" and he said "sure" then you all would do it too. if some rich assholes want to spend money to do this then let them. if tool offered to play in my backyard for 5 million dollars and I was mark cuban id pay that shit in a second. nobody is forcing you to. if you all think tool was just about artistic integrity and the business side didnt matter, theyd be like hank 3 and not give a shit if people brought cameras to shows and only charge 10 bucks for a shirt at their show. stop pretending they are your band. they aren't and never have been.

sincerely,

hooker with a penis
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Although i still believe it is over priced, and shitty, just because ill never afford it. I have kind of changed my mind over night, and understand it. They pretty much have to make it this expensive. With a band as big as Tool, if it was affordable, everyone would go, and it wouldnt be an intimate experience at all. But, with it so over priced, just a handful will go, and it will probably be a bad ass experience one will remember for a lifetime. It obviously couldnt be made for everyone, or whats the point. Yeah it sucks its only for the rich, but whatever. Hopefully someone from here will go and we can hear about it. Sure, it could have even been $300, but that would also fill out a lot more seats. You got to think for a Q and A you cant have a stadium full. And, shit, If Brian Adams can do it, the guys only got one good tune.

How about a question for adam thread or poll?

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

snaggle said

I think you're missing the point.  The point is that not many her like the idea that a band the hold in high esteem is now appearing to be milking their fanbase for all they're worth.

Remember earlier when we both agreed that it was exploitative to take advantage of hardcore fans who may have missed out on the "OPIATE" re-release by selling them that same product for twice it's "RRP", so to speak, on ebay?

Yeah. You and I are in total agreement.

Someone mentioned earlier that no one is forcing us to buy this package. That's entirely missing the point. The fact that this band can think that what they have to offer is worth half a grand is disgraceful. I see it as capitalism at its worse: you know people will pay it, so you charge it.

I call that something else: exploitation. Whether it be dumbfuck TOOL fanbois or not, it's still fucking weak.

And I fucking HATE the fact that THIS is what has brought us all on to the same page. Like I've said before: it's almost like the band wants us to hate them.

Whatevs. ARRRRRGGHHHH, with regard to future releases . . .

njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

Lol
Hammer
Maynard Believer

Post by Hammer »

For $650, I'd expect the other four extortionists to take part in the Q & A as well. AND they'd better be prepared to answer questions about the new album; which I too will pirate the shit out of.
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

this is kinda sad but not unexpected. lots of cheesie bands do this now... Mötley Crüe, Kiss. i can't remember if TR did this on the wave goodbye tour but he may have.

t00l blew it up for a minute. all this band does these days is fleece fans and rest on their overrated laurels.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

smithersSOCAL said
this is kinda sad but not unexpected. lots of cheesie bands do this now... Mötley Crüe, Kiss. i can't remember if TR did this on the wave goodbye tour but he may have.

t00l blew it up for a minute. all this band does these days is fleece fans and rest on their overrated laurels.

While I don't particularly like the two bands you have mentioned, it AU$500 makes sense for them.

Fucking KISS. Fuck yeah. And you know it would be with all members - not with the weakest link in the chain.

There, I said it.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I can't help but think this is their way to compensate for the loss of album sales. They are anti-piracy... You don't have to buy a VIP ticket just like you didn't have to buy the Opiate re-release. Piracy forces bands into awkward positions. I will not be priating the new album. As I said before, I'll still buy a ticket to their show because god knows it's probably the best live show out there and when the new album drops I'll re-purchase all of them because mine are tattered and torn... (ok so let's hear the backlash now because we all know it's coming.)
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Zwerewolf said
I can't help but think this is their way to compensate for the loss of album sales. They are anti-piracy... You don't have to buy a VIP ticket just like you didn't have to buy the Opiate re-release. Piracy forces bands into awkward positions. I will not be priating the new album. As I said before, I'll still buy a ticket to their show because god knows it's probably the best live show out there and when the new album drops I'll re-purchase all of them because mine are tattered and torn... (ok so let's hear the backlash now because we all know it's coming.)

No backlash. Most TOOL fans buy their albums because they're kickass - you get wicked artwork, and a great album.

Now, they could package the next album with a blowjob. I still won't buy it.

Saying that they're trying to mitigate future profit-loss is kind of ridiculous. They could prohibit that to begin with by, oh I don't know, not being cunts?

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Boss said
Saying that they're trying to mitigate future profit-loss is kind of ridiculous. They could prohibit that to begin with by, oh I don't know, not being cunts?

That's probably the main reason people pirate music.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

The Boss said

That's probably the main reason people pirate music.

Ya reckon. I'm saving up a small amount of cash to help KRISTIN HERSH do her next solo.

Would you like to know how she treats me, as a fan (she has no idea of my intention): excellently. Yeah, she's MUCH smaller scale than TOOL, but she's done THROWING MUSES and has been in the game probably longer. (Just a guess). She really values her fans, and digs any and all interaction with them.

Same with YOB. And MELVINS, to a certain degree. And MARK LANEGAN. Do-Need I keep going?

Why are these people being so fucking rude? All we ask is "When can we realistically see the next album, so we can go back to thinking you're awesome" and all we get is "Pay us money to show you're a true fan".

Fuck that.