VIP Tickets for Australia and NZ Tool shows

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

The Boss said
Saying that they’re trying to mitigate future profit-loss is kind of ridiculous. They could prohibit that to begin with by, oh I don’t know, not being cunts?

Puzzle said
That’s probably the main reason people pirate music.

The main reason people pirate music is because the bands are cunts? If that's what you're both saying then I'll have to say THAT is ridiculous. People pirate music because it's free and way way too easy and way way too addicting.

I can understand pirating originally started because CD prices were out of fucking control and to spend $30 on a CD and get 2 good songs out of it was just outrageous.

But that spiralled out into madness because good bands started getting pirated even though they produced legitimate full length albums. So they dropped prices and it still wasn't enough to combat with consumer piracy addiction and the "We want it now! and we want it free!" attitude.

I'm sorry but with all the time and money put into an album especially of TOOL caliber it's just simply not worth it anymore to make an album. We're lucky TOOL are even trying to stick to standard album format because if you've listened to Maynard lately when asked about APC he says they will not be returning with standard album format and would rather release singles DUE TO PIRACY...

You want to steal art and take away from the artist then that's your choice, but if we all do it we will soon see that there will no longer be art aside from the POP-culture crap that will not only continuously shoved down our throats but also right up our asses until we're bleeding GaGa OoLaLa.

I'm not judging I'm just saying... these guys want to put out another album but they also want to make more than they spend doing it. They aren't a fucking garage band playing for pizza and beer.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

If Bryan Adams can charge just under 400 dollars for a 'meet and greet', then it is perfectly acceptable for TOOL to charge 500. If any jackass could afford it then it would not be an intimate experience. Oh, and it does not matter how many albums you put out: shit is shit.

I guess by 'some peoples' standards it would be okay if Lil' Wayne charged 500 dollars for the same deal. He has put out like three times as many albums TOOL has, so it is unacceptable for TOOL because they only have 4 albums (even though a single song off any of those albums is 10,000 times better than the entire Lil' Wayne collection, and the same goes for Bryan fucking Adams, no matter how nice of a guy he is).

TOOL is probably in the top five of the greatest bands alive today (and maybe ever) and will go down as legends in music history. If you had a chance to have a 'meet and greet' with Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd or The Beatles during that time, wouldn't you expect it to be expensive as fuck. TOOL is a rare breed of band; the price for this package does not surprise me one bit.

And i think the reason for a ticket not being included is because they have already been on sale. If you had bought a ticket AND THEN you found out about a VIP ticket, you wouldn't want to spend the extra money for a regular admission ticket AND a VIP ticket. They realized that it makes more sense to make the VIP package separate from the tickets since they have pretty much sold out their shows. It wouldn't be fair to those people that have already purchased their tickets and are willing to pay for the 'meet and greet' as well.

Sure, TOOL should have planned it better, but this seems like a last minute decision to try and raise funds. YES, TOOL WANTS AND NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY. WOULDN'T YOU? And please, don't be a fucking hypocrite...(we do not know the reality of the situation or how much of their own money is being used. They could be 'money-grabbing' or they could be trying to support their art, who knows?)
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

For the record... I'm not saying that their pricing on this VIP shit is a good pricing. Nor am I saying that the re-release of Opiate had great pricing either. I didn't buy the re-release of Opiate because of the price and I'm certainly not buying VIP shit at their shows if this is the pricing. $600 would allow me to buy tickets anywhere from 5-8 shows this year and see way more than TOOL. NIN is on tour for Christs' sake!

I'm simply saying... you don't have to buy into it at all. Go to their show and be happy you get to enjoy it. I don't live down under so I'm jealous you guys get to go... They'll be here soon enough and by that time I'll have seen NIN, How to Destroy Angels, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and several other bands.

You should buy their new album and not pirate it but... hey you don't have to if you don't want to. However, that's the mentality that has the fans and the artists in awkward positions. Unless a majority decides to purchase the albums we'll continue to slide down the slippery slope. Who knows where it ends...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

snaggle said
Everyone calm down. This isn't mandatory. You're not gonna be forced to get a VIP ticket.
An over the top price on a VIP pass doesn't make it ok to steal from them either.

I think you're missing the point.  The point is that not many here like the idea that a band they hold in high esteem is now appearing to be milking their fanbase for all they're worth.

This.  If true, and I assume it is, it's really indefensible.

children said 
And i think the reason for a ticket not being included is because they have already been on sale. 

Yep, I agree with this.  Still doesn't make the price acceptable.  They should have priced it more reasonably and done a lottery to give a fair shot to everyone interested.  To avoid scalping, make it mandatory that the person buying the package is the one actually attending - no exceptions - and if someone fucks it up, keep their money and make it available to people on a wait list day of show.  There are many ways to intelligently and fairly deal with this situation.  The way they are handling it is not one of them.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Maybe the golden tickets will include this VIP package...
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

If you think about it... They may be trying to get fans to pay for the new album... They know they are going to lose sales on the album due to piracy no matter what so why not make us pay to get the new work out of them? I mean... I won't pay until the new album comes out because I'm not stupid enough to waste $600 on VIP and $150 on a re-release of nothing new but someone elses artwork and a few sigs... but I guess some are? Fanboys or not... those guys are probably funding the new album. Sit tight, we'll have a new album, buy it if you support great art. I guarantee the new album will be worth the money which I know is unfathomable for some of you.
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

The only people i could realistically see purchasing these tickets are some wealthy fans. Who are not necessarily loyal and die-hard fans. Those who could afford this may just have the means to purchase this, but see Tool in the same light as Slipknot and Creed.  

Otherwise, living within an average income you have to be a little over-obsessed and delusional to pay closer to a grand for a couple hours entertainment. I would honestly rather enjoy intercourse with a high-end prostitute for that amount. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

children said

Maybe the golden tickets will include this VIP package...

Unless they're planning on flying the winners down to Australia and putting them up in a hotel, I don't really see that happening.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ThatGuy said
I would honestly rather enjoy intercourse with a high-end prostitute for that amount. 

And he would probably appreciate the money a lot more than Tool, too!

[you set them up, I'll knock them down!]
Ki77aan :twisted:
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Every piece of bickering in these comments I am okay with except for the people including piracy as ruining for artists and bands. For fucks sake, time and time again piracy has been shown having the opposite effect on sales than it is expected. The past 10 years piracy (yes, downloading music "illegally") has contributed to the RAISE in recordsales. Sorry for losin' my temper but shit, people have to find more valid points.

As for the price of these tickets, it's outrageous but I can't say I care. The band has been disappointing in several ways when it comes to ethic lately but since it's never been clear who to blame I'll just accept it and wait until the next big thing happens.

I don't usually nag like this... I think they changed the recipe on the cheeze doodlez.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Zwerewolf said
The Boss said
Saying that they’re trying to mitigate future profit-loss is kind of ridiculous. They could prohibit that to begin with by, oh I don’t know, not being cunts?

Puzzle said

The main reason people pirate music is because the bands are cunts? If that's what you're both saying then I'll have to say THAT is ridiculous. People pirate music because it's free and way way too easy and way way too addicting.

I can understand pirating originally started because CD prices were out of fucking control and to spend $30 on a CD and get 2 good songs out of it was just outrageous.

But that spiralled out into madness because good bands started getting pirated even though they produced legitimate full length albums. So they dropped prices and it still wasn't enough to combat with consumer piracy addiction and the "We want it now! and we want it free!" attitude.

I'm sorry but with all the time and money put into an album especially of TOOL caliber it's just simply not worth it anymore to make an album. We're lucky TOOL are even trying to stick to standard album format because if you've listened to Maynard lately when asked about APC he says they will not be returning with standard album format and would rather release singles DUE TO PIRACY...

You want to steal art and take away from the artist then that's your choice, but if we all do it we will soon see that there will no longer be art aside from the POP-culture crap that will not only continuously shoved down our throats but also right up our asses until we're bleeding GaGa OoLaLa.

I'm not judging I'm just saying... these guys want to put out another album but they also want to make more than they spend doing it. They aren't a fucking garage band playing for pizza and beer.

They think it's right and acceptable to charge AU$500 for a meet and greet.

Every point you raised was valid, to a degree. But you're missing the main one.

We, as TOOL fans, of every colour, creed and so forth, are being ripped off for not being "dedicated fans". We're not coughing up the cash for a stupid meet-and-greet. And a fucking soundcheck. Honestly, who in their right mind, puts any stock in a fucking soundcheck?

For that reason, this makes it right to pirate their work. They have pretty much said, in no uncertain terms, that they want money from you, you die-hard fan. Why give it to them any more?

I can't see a good reason.

I'll give my money to artists who truly need and respect it.

Fuck TOOL. We're done.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

snaggle said
Everyone calm down. This isn't mandatory. You're not gonna be forced to get a VIP ticket.
An over the top price on a VIP pass doesn't make it ok to steal from them either.

I think you're missing the point.  The point is that not many here like the idea that a band they hold in high esteem is now appearing to be milking their fanbase for all they're worth.

This.  If true, and I assume it is, it's really indefensible.

children said 
And i think the reason for a ticket not being included is because they have already been on sale. 

Yep, I agree with this.  Still doesn't make the price acceptable.  They should have priced it more reasonably and done a lottery to give a fair shot to everyone interested.  To avoid scalping, make it mandatory that the person buying the package is the one actually attending - no exceptions - and if someone fucks it up, keep their money and make it available to people on a wait list day of show.  There are many ways to intelligently and fairly deal with this situation.  The way they are handling it is not one of them.

Thank you.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Davvda said
Every piece of bickering in these comments I am okay with except for the people including piracy as ruining for artists and bands. For fucks sake, time and time again piracy has been shown having the opposite effect on sales than it is expected. The past 10 years piracy (yes, downloading music "illegally") has contributed to the RAISE in recordsales. Sorry for losin' my temper but shit, people have to find more valid points.

As for the price of these tickets, it's outrageous but I can't say I care. The band has been disappointing in several ways when it comes to ethic lately but since it's never been clear who to blame I'll just accept it and wait until the next big thing happens.

I don't usually nag like this... I think they changed the recipe on the cheeze doodlez.

Well played. I just like the idea of TOOL not getting my money.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Zwerewolf said
The Boss said

Puzzle said

Your understanding of piracy is wrong.

First off, it started because the common person was then able to afford the equipment to be able to do it.  Also, everyone knows the music and movie industries are completely terrible and mostly employ terrible people.  They've had it coming for awhile.

Second, piracy hurts the major corporations more than it does the artists.  Artists still have ways to put themselves out there and gain appreciation without corporate backers.

Third, piracy doesn't take art away from artists.  Artists who want to make art will still make art.  Artists who want to make a profit will look elsewhere.  If you want to make an album, then make an album.  Just don't expect to be an instant millionaire anymore.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

TheBoss said

They think it’s right and acceptable to charge AU$500 for a meet and greet.

Every point you raised was valid, to a degree. But you’re missing the main one.

We, as TOOL fans, of every colour, creed and so forth, are being ripped off for not being “dedicated fans”. We’re not coughing up the cash for a stupid meet-and-greet. And a fucking soundcheck. Honestly, who in their right mind, puts any stock in a fucking soundcheck?

For that reason, this makes it right to pirate their work. They have pretty much said, in no uncertain terms, that they want money from you, you die-hard fan. Why give it to them any more?

I can’t see a good reason.

I’ll give my money to artists who truly need and respect it.

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

Z- I'm not saying it's right nor is it acceptable to charge half a grand to go to a fucking sound check. I don't know their financial situation nor do I understand the reasoning behind the $500 charge. Simple enough is the fact that you don't have to pay for that shit (i wouldn't just like I didn't pay for Re-Opiate).

I don't want to meet TOOL anwyays nor should any of you! What questions can you possibly ask Adam anyways that haven't been asked and answered in interviews time and time again. I don't give a fuck about their personal lives enough either.

Just enjoy the music! And if you seriously have the need to ask Adam why he or they are being cunts then I say that's worth $500 if you really think he or they is or are being cunts. How funny would that be?

"Uh hi yes Adam, first of all I'd just like to say go fuck yourself but mostly I'd like to let you know I paid $500 to ask why you're being a fucking cunt? Furthermore, what do you think of Gotye?" HAHAHA! That would be worth $500 and I say we start a pool and pick a lucky winner to go and do that...

Hellboy you can set up a pool and I'll pledge $5. Even though I don't think they are being cunts at all, I'd just really like to hear someone go in there and do that... Because I think if any of you got in for a sound check you'd sit down and shut the fuck up and probably fucking drool on yourselves. I'll bet they do new arrangements in the soundcheck as well... but who knows?

As for the doosh that said pirating is inflating album sales... What the fuck are you fucking serious? How does that make any sense? That study is based on comparison to what album sales were when pirating first started doing serious damage. So sales are better than they were before but music is so much cheaper than it was before and that's what counteracted it. Before pirating, sales were through the roof because file sharing didn't exist. As for calling me a cunt and saying I have no valid point with pirating you missed the whole part about "do what you want I'm not telling you to not pirate I'm just saying when it comes to a band like TOOL you probably shouldn't pirate it." I honestly don't give a fuck what you do I'm just pointing out some very VALID reasons that bands might do what most of you call "money grabs". Do you think they should release their art for free? If so then I'd like to see some of your free art. As a matter of fact I think you should give me some of your art for free and not complain when I shit on it. Oh wait... half of you don't produce any art...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

We, as TOOL fans, of every colour, creed and so forth, are being ripped off for not being “dedicated fans”. We’re not coughing up the cash for a stupid meet-and-greet. And a fucking soundcheck. Honestly, who in their right mind, puts any stock in a fucking soundcheck?

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

Z- I'm not saying it's right nor is it acceptable to charge half a grand to go to a fucking sound check. I don't know their financial situation nor do I understand the reasoning behind the $500 charge. Simple enough is the fact that you don't have to pay for that shit (i wouldn't just like I didn't pay for Re-Opiate).

I don't want to meet TOOL anwyays nor should any of you! What questions can you possibly ask Adam anyways that haven't been asked and answered in interviews time and time again. I don't give a fuck about their personal lives enough either.

Just enjoy the music! And if you seriously have the need to ask Adam why he or they are being cunts then I say that's worth $500 if you really think he or they is or are being cunts. How funny would that be?

"Uh hi yes Adam, first of all I'd just like to say go fuck yourself but mostly I'd like to let you know I paid $500 to ask why you're being a fucking cunt? Furthermore, what do you think of Gotye?" HAHAHA! That would be worth $500 and I say we start a pool and pick a lucky winner to go and do that...

Hellboy you can set up a pool and I'll pledge $5. Even though I don't think they are being cunts at all, I'd just really like to hear someone go in there and do that... Because I think if any of you got in for a sound check you'd sit down and shut the fuck up and probably fucking drool on yourselves. I'll bet they do new arrangements in the soundcheck as well... but who knows?

As for the doosh that said pirating is inflating album sales... What the fuck are you fucking serious? How does that make any sense? That study is based on comparison to what album sales were when pirating first started doing serious damage. So sales are better than they were before but music is so much cheaper than it was before and that's what counteracted it. Before pirating, sales were through the roof because file sharing didn't exist. As for calling me a cunt and saying I have no valid point with pirating you missed the whole part about "do what you want I'm not telling you to not pirate I'm just saying when it comes to a band like TOOL you probably shouldn't pirate it." I honestly don't give a fuck what you do I'm just pointing out some very VALID reasons that bands might do what most of you call "money grabs". Do you think they should release their art for free? If so then I'd like to see some of your free art. As a matter of fact I think you should give me some of your art for free and not complain when I shit on it. Oh wait... half of you don't produce any art...

Fair enough. You called me out; the least you can do is to put your argument into something I can read.

njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

Boss, I think everyone gets it that you and tool are done (you say it in every other post). Yet, here you are. I also like how you group yourself in with other tool fans, you are not a fan, just a troll.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

njbrey15 said
Boss, I think everyone gets it that you and tool are done (you say it in every other post). Yet, here you are. I also like how you group yourself in with other tool fans, you are not a fan, just a troll.

Totally. Thanks for bring the sun's rays on an otherwise murky topic.

You're new, so I'll do this quick: I love TOOL's work up until that album; they've been money-hungry, rude, assholes since then.

Wow, that was quick.

All the best, my friend . . .

EDIT: And I'm here because I'm a loser, and there are some seriously great people here who are with your time. Really amazing. Deep-hearted, caring, and all that.

I know I'm a fucking embarrassment, and I'm OK. Because the people on this forum that don't mind, don't mind.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

Wow, dude.  You get pissed at someone calling you out, then you turn around and do it someone else.  Hypocrite much?

Also, you're wrong again.  iTunes is doing an extremely good job of fighting piracy by making it easy to get exactly what you want, and at $0.99 a pop.  Hence why sales are picking up.

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

phox_ said

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

Wow, dude.  You get pissed at someone calling you out, then you turn around and do it someone else.  Hypocrite much?

Also, you're wrong again.  iTunes is doing an extremely good job of fighting piracy by making it easy to get exactly what you want, and at $0.99 a pop.  Hence why sales are picking up.

$0.99 a song never struck you as weird?

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Um... fuck itunes... I simply use it to organize my music and not purchase music. PS- I don't care if people call me out and yes I will call people out. Inevitable.... no I don't hypocrite much. and did you read the post? I said it'd be awesome and I'd donate $5 towards a pool for a raffle to send someone in there and have them call Adam out... NICE!

What's up with people not being able to read long groups of words by the way? Are you reading on your mobile? I'm not writing on a mobile. Thanks.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

The Boss said

phox_ said

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

It is strange, but it's an interesting price point.  I think they need to open it up and change the price to be based more on length, but that's just my opinion.  The $0.99 thing was apparently a Steve Jobs idea, and was/is genius in fighting piracy.  With that you can get exactly the song you want with no hassles.  If you want to pirate said song, you have go torrent the whole album and hope you get a quality, non-virus, download.  iTunes has less steps to getting the song, and it's more trustworthy.  If someone creates something similar that's movie-centric I'm sure it would take off.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

phox_ said

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

You read all of that? He doesn't even know how to use the quote system.

I'll comment on the last part I bothered to read: No, "art" shouldn't be entirely free; but nor should it be used to utterly gouge fans.

And for this fucking cunt to say that none of us produces art - well, I can only speak for myself: but I've written poetry and short stories for a well long time now. And I've been paid handsomely for it. And I continue to be.

This forum sees so very talented people who continute to reap the rewards of their efforts. So how dare you say none of us produce any "art"? You smug fucking dick. You write a wall of fucking words with no real, concise, meaning, then accuse US of not producing "art"?

Go fuck yourself. How about you learn how to write first. Then I might maybe give you a fucking second glance.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

phox_ said

The Boss said

phox_ said

Zwerewolf said
TheBoss said

Fuck TOOL. We’re done.

It is strange, but it's an interesting price point.  I think they need to open it up and change the price to be based more on length, but that's just my opinion.  The $0.99 thing was apparently a Steve Jobs idea, and was/is genius in fighting piracy.  With that you can get exactly the song you want with no hassles.  If you want to pirate said song, you have go torrent the whole album and hope you get a quality, non-virus, download.  iTunes has less steps to getting the song, and it's more trustworthy.  If someone creates something similar that's movie-centric I'm sure it would take off.

You don't listen to songs that last less than a minute, huh.