VIP Tickets for Australia and NZ Tool shows

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I'm sure the people who bought these "Re-Opiates" are kicking themselves silly now.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Tyson said
"What was easier to sell out? Allphones arena or your credibility?"

LOL

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Wow, i really thought this was cool, and something to look forward to in the future. But, then i saw the price. Outrageous. Waaay too expensive. Q and A would be cool. but come on.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

doors said
Hahahaha! Oh my God! I can see 'Children' buying one in a flash...

They have no shame. "Cushy lifestyles." Cunts...

Nope...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

"People seem to enjoy being fucked by TooL at every opportunity have you as a band considered going into sextoy maunfacturing, like Rammstien?"
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The Boss said
"People seem to enjoy being fucked by TooL at every opportunity have you as a band considered going into sextoy maunfacturing, like Rammstien?"

chriscore
Maynard Believer

Post by chriscore »

Does the price include blow jobs from all members??? What a fucking joke!!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I believe that one was blender . . .
in_the_blender
Bronco's Fan

Post by in_the_blender »

Can we get a Photoshop of a suitcase full of small dildo's covered in Tool branding?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

doors said
I'm sure the people who bought these "Re-Opiates" are kicking themselves silly now.

Actually I'm thinking $150 sounds like a fucking bargain in comparison
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said

doors said

I meant those people that defended their "artistic integrity" (children and those other morons on here).

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

doors said

I never thought I'd say it, but me too.

In a world where you can have a brief meet-and-greet, a fucking soundcheck (yay! soundcheck! potato!), a bag full of shit, and a t-shirt for AU$500 PLUS the ticket - $150 for a re-released EP (not album, mind you) looks like a fucking steal.

Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

I thought the new album release would be the only thing to bring us all together and yet here we are all being agreeable and shit, on the same topic. Everyone agrees. This really is special. in a fucked up rip off way.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Then again, who knows, those who attend could be the first people to hear some serious jamming of new material. Seems like the place for them to practice. That would be sick. Still over priced. But sick.

nicholas
Maynard Believer

Post by nicholas »

if people keep buying this shit, they will NEVER make another album.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nicholas said
if people keep buying this shit, they will NEVER make another album.

I don't think that's true at all.  There's plenty of money to be made with a new record, if we're going to make the assumption that's all Tool are in it for these days.
Puzzle
Maynard Believer

Post by Puzzle »

Just wait until you see the price tag on new album.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

The one no one will buy because they are sick of TOOL's bullshit?

Sure, how much?
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Okay, so I know that I'm just echoing lots of other sentiments here but I want to say my piece, too. I fully understand that now, in 2013, Tool is a successful, established band and at this stage in their musical careers they more or less have culled a captive international audience that is willing to pay for this shit... but it really, truly rots mine and a lot of people's opinions of them to see this kind of thing. Like even for the sake of putting forth a good image to many of their fans, can these guys just not be fucking scrooges with money for a little bit? With the prices of their merchandise, their fucking COMPACT DISC EP reissues, their VIP packages, and so on.

I know, I KNOW they've never claimed to carry any sort of mantle of anti-consumerism or whatever in their music, so I won't call them hypocrites, but for a band whose whole process to me has always seemed -- and I know this sounds rather cliché, but I mean it -- to put such an intense emphasis on the artistry and the honesty in their songs and what they want to communicate through them, shit like this just feels like a) they've been good liars or b) they're just really bored and sick of what they do now, and they're now committed to riding this wave all the way to the bank until either Maynard's voice finally and definitively blows out or the first person snaps, throws an instrument and walks offstage. I'm sure expensive merchandise or whatever is nothing new for this band, but its like the levels of greed have just been rocketing off to the moon in the last couple years.

I still think its bullshit, what Adam said about that Opiate reissue being a thank you for the fans. Talk about fucking tone-deaf and detached from reality, especially in this day and age. Whatever man, just admit that you guys have gotten fat and wealthy off your music and you've lost your hunger to remain creatively invested in your work with Tool. If you're sick of Tool that's your fucking right, but then please stop making a dying animal do tricks for money and put it out of its misery.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Also, inb4 some ballsack rhetorically drops Hooker with a Penis lyrics like I've never heard them before
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Adam got divorced, he needs his alimony money, bitches be trippen.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Perfect. I could not agree more.

Very well said.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Intension said
Then again, who knows, those who attend could be the first people to hear some serious jamming of new material. Seems like the place for them to practice. That would be sick. Still over priced. But sick.

2010: "Whoa, maybe we'll hear a song from the next LP on this tour!"

2011: "Hey, I think they'll jam some riffs from a new song this time around!"

2012: "Oh damn, I think they played a few seconds of an electronic segment of an instrumental segment of some filler noise track from the new album during the intermission!" PEW PEW PEW WUB WUB WUB FLWOBOBOBOBOBOBOBSSSHHHGJJKKKK

TOOL NEW SONG LIVE 2013 PLEASE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

For what it's worth, just had a look at the forthcoming Bryan Adams tour, and a Meet & Greet with him is $339
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Only hellboy1975 said 
For what it's worth, just had a look at the forthcoming Bryan Adams tour, and a Meet & Greet with him is $339

Only $339 and not $500?!

My sister went to his concert back in the 90s and he's genuinely a nice and humble guy.

He's been around a lot longer than Tool has with more album output (shit or not). 

If anyone deserves a $500+ (minus concert tickets) meet and greet its him. 

When I saw this I "thought I died and gone to heaven." Ok, lame.