Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

My guess is that it was one used on some posters on a previous tour.  Some of those were limited to 500 from memory?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Let's not forget it was listed as a novelty USB.  While I expect it should work, I wouldn't be using it for any serious data storage.

Novelty USB!  Give it to your friends and it'll DESTROY their data!  Everybody the loves the Novelty USB!  Have a friend that needs to transfer sensitive?  Give him a Novelty USB!  Facilitating a money transfer between two unsavory elements?  Use the Novelty USB!  Good for all occasions!  Pick one up at your local Tool store for only $149.99.  Order within the next 10 minutes and also get OPIATE 21ST ANNIVERSARY REISSUE (with signatures).  The OPIATE 21ST ANNIVERSARY REISSUE (with signatures) is good for many things you can play the CD.  Look at the artwork.  Frame the package and look at the artwork in a frame!  Look at the autographs.  Sell it on eBay.  Don't just take it from us, check out some of these customer testimonials:

Man, I love the Novelty USB!  I use it for so many things!  Like transferring data, losing data, picking in girls in coffee shops.  It's the best!  And the Opiate Reissue ain't to bad neither.

- Bill from Oklahoma

Ever since I received the Novelty USB and OPIATE 21ST ANNIVERSARY REISSUE I haven't been able to do anything except stare at the artwork.  It's so amazing!  My husband left me because I wasn't giving him any attention anymore.  Damn ingrate doesn't understand true artwork.

-Norma from Colorado

Uhh yeah my Opiate reissue was missing a signature.  It only has Danny, Justin, and Maynard's.  My USB thingy doesn't work either.  I would not recommend.  Bad service.

-Phil from Hell

As you can see the Novelty USB is a great product for all ages.  Pick yours up today. 

Warning Novelty USB is not intended for serious use.  Product may contain tree nuts and small parts.  Keep away from children.
Don't mow your lawn
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

hellboy1975 said
My guess is that it was one used on some posters on a previous tour.  Some of those were limited to 500 from memory?

You're right & I bought one of those posters at the Atlanta show last year but the seal didn't have a # on it. On the front, it's written "351/500" but it does have the seal stamped onto the back of the poster. I think it's just a printing error because this "seal" is the gold one on the outside of the packaging. who knows...

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

The Boss said

Why are we, as fans who have been ripped off by not getting what we paid for, still expected to not get pissed off when this band manages to fuck up yet again?

I won't be wiping anything clean, and by their attitudes from their past five years, I expect the next album, should there be one, to be an unmitigated disaster.

And you better believe I'll be downloading it like a boss pirate.

I'm just curious, you know how I am here I'm not trying to start shit or anything, but what did you buy that ripped you off?  You didn't buy this so I don't know what you're referring to. 

As to those who bought it, yes they should feel pissed/ripped off.  I guess there is a chance the unsigned by Jones copies might actually be worth more, but that's not what you paid for.  Like it's already been said here, post a pic of it on Instagram, his facebook page or hell, try Korrin's instagram page as well.  They're pretty active on there I'm sure you can get his attention.

I knew someone was going to bring that up. I was referring to we as fans. A collective.

You can bet your bottom dollar they'll never get another cent out of me ever again.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

For every one of you guys that pirate the album I'm going to buy one.

Tool deserves our money.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Glad the issues are being quickly cleared up, by the way. Get the signatures. Get what you paid for.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
For every one of you guys that pirate the album I'm going to buy one.

Tool deserves our money.

That much is clear.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Oh and DEFCON 3 Crow

http://defconwarningsystem.com/
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
Oh and DEFCON 3 Crow

http://defconwarningsystem.com/

I know. I jerked it three times last night. War gets me all hot.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

The Boss said

Why are we, as fans who have been ripped off by not getting what we paid for, still expected to not get pissed off when this band manages to fuck up yet again?

I won't be wiping anything clean, and by their attitudes from their past five years, I expect the next album, should there be one, to be an unmitigated disaster.

And you better believe I'll be downloading it like a boss pirate.

I'm just curious, you know how I am here I'm not trying to start shit or anything, but what did you buy that ripped you off?  You didn't buy this so I don't know what you're referring to. 

As to those who bought it, yes they should feel pissed/ripped off.  I guess there is a chance the unsigned by Jones copies might actually be worth more, but that's not what you paid for.  Like it's already been said here, post a pic of it on Instagram, his facebook page or hell, try Korrin's instagram page as well.  They're pretty active on there I'm sure you can get his attention.

I knew someone was going to bring that up. I was referring to we as fans. A collective.

You can bet your bottom dollar they'll never get another cent out of me ever again.

Fair enough.  I just thought you may have bought something else at some point you felt was a rip off.

Hey! Denty!
Minus Maynard
Maynard Believer

Post by Minus Maynard »

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears as if there is at least a third "no sig from Adam" copy posted on FB, and there is another user saying the same thing with no pic, so I can't confirm if it is one of the missing ones mentioned here.

I love Tool, but this is seriously a fucking joke. If mine shows up like that, I'm going to get my old man who lives in AZ to go piss on Maynard's grapes.
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

Minus Maynard said
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears as if there is at least a third "no sig from Adam" copy posted on FB, and there is another user saying the same thing with no pic, so I can't confirm if it is one of the missing ones mentioned here.

I love Tool, but this is seriously a fucking joke. If mine shows up like that, I'm going to get my old man who lives in AZ to go piss on Maynard's grapes.

HA! love it!!!

Mass Deception
Maynard Believer

Post by Mass Deception »

Personally I would want Adam's signature as I'm a gigantic fan of his work and 1/4 the reason I spent that much money in the first place. I wouldn't care too much about what "rarity" or any "profits' I may make in the future off tool. That's just me I guess, I haven't posted my copy on ebay yet marked up at 300%, I am not too much of a fan of ticks and leeches.. I live in AZ and was just in Jerome last weekend, I could easily become a parasite on Ebay if I did not respect and appreciate the art so much...
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

What a horrible buying experience this seems like. People like me who ordered and it seems like TA software fucked up and didn't get my order, packages with missing signatures and a useless USB?! This just seems like a big cluster fuck to me. Experiences like this go a long way with fans. Sure, there are many people who had no problems, but look at the several people who had issues- those are the experiences you're most likely to hear about. I know I'm very disgruntled. I'm a collector of this type of memoribilia and each day that goes by without a response, I get less and less confident I'll get the order I purchased. A big band like Tool should be able to provide a near flawless experience when it comes to scenarios like this- shame on Tool!
Mass Deception
Maynard Believer

Post by Mass Deception »

Bunch of fucking crybabies on here acting like the band members should have showed up on golden chariots and hand delivered a package of perfection to yout personally.

For those of you new to the planet or have not ever dealt with a company of any kind - SHIT happens, chill the fuck out. People have already had responses from Merch that it will be fixed, I haven't heard too many complaints over the years about tool not making things right, well maybe a show in San Antoinio, but that's it, so don't shed too many tears having to wait a couple extra weeks for something fucking amazing.

Everyone else in here who has experienced nothing but a dream land of perfection in their dealings in the real world I guess your're a rarity and it must really suck having something actually go a little wrong for once...
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

People can always fly to Australia, purchase a VIP package for $500 and while at the Q&A with Adam, casually ask if he would kindly sign  the cover for you.

Plenty of VIP packages still left!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... WdaXKJTCSq
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

All this butthurt, all these failures from Tool, this is fantastic.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Mass Deception said
Bunch of fucking crybabies on here acting like the band members should have showed up on golden chariots and hand delivered a package of perfection to yout personally.

People should get what they pay for. Packages arriving with missing signatures...unacceptbale. People who have bought from the presale and/or toolband with email confirmations and now it shows they didn't order at all...unacceptable.

You're right, shit happens- but when it comes to only having 5000 of these available and all of the issues reported; that's a problem and bad customer service. The issues like mine in regards to Toolarmy/band not showing I ordered it, OK, I can give you that. I'm sure CS will try to get it resolved. I know they are working on my issue. Packages missing signatures; that's absolute bullshit. The website stated all of the packages would be autographed by the band and that's what people expected. $150 is alot of money not to deliver a package that was advertised.
Minus Maynard
Maynard Believer

Post by Minus Maynard »

Bogart said

You're right, shit happens- but when it comes to only having 5000 of these available and all of the issues reported; that's a problem and bad customer service. The issues like mine in regards to Toolarmy/band not showing I ordered it, OK, I can give you that. I'm sure CS will try to get it resolved. I know they are working on my issue. Packages missing signatures; that's absolute bullshit. The website stated all of the packages would be autographed by the band and that's what people expected. $150 is alot of money not to deliver a package that was advertised.

^this

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As long as Toolband fix the problem, I don't see what the issue is really.  Chances are sending it back for re-signing will end up in getting a doodle on it, so probably will work out better for those that "missed out".

Minus Maynard
Maynard Believer

Post by Minus Maynard »

hellboy1975 said
As long as Toolband fix the problem, I don't see what the issue is really.  Chances are sending it back for re-signing will end up in getting a doodle on it, so probably will work out better for those that "missed out".

Agreed, but I don't think the buyer should have to pay for the return shipping. They've already forked out $150+ for this thing. Plus how much longer will they have to wait for that to get back? We haven't even seen any of the non presale orders show up (mine had to be pretty early as I ordered at 0235 LA time, and I haven't got the shipping email yet). Are they going to have to wait until everyone else gets theirs? I understand mistakes happen, but for that kind of money they certainly should have noticed. Who is packaging them? Blind monkeys?
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

If you're bored as fuck and want to see what all is included in the package us folk have bought then I made a little video of it today when mine arrived. Forgive the lack of enthusiasm as I was not one of the chosen ones to receive the Spatalizer of Xanadu or what the fuck ever they called it. In any event, here's the unboxing of the Opiate Re-Release (keep in mind, I had NO idea what was inside before I got this so all the comments like "dude, you dumb fuck! you didn't know that was a window cling!?!? what a fucking moron" can just go jump in a lake

enjoy!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said

Mass Deception said

People should get what they pay for. Packages arriving with missing signatures...unacceptbale. People who have bought from the presale and/or toolband with email confirmations and now it shows they didn't order at all...unacceptable.

End argument.

The fact that they showed photos of the members signing them is pretty fuck weak, too. They literally had no excuse.
bunyunz
Maynard Believer

Post by bunyunz »

When I hear back from Merch, I'm sending my copy back for Adam's signature. I'm thinking that process will take quite a while though. 
TOOLfanboy
Maynard Believer

Post by TOOLfanboy »

I got 2 copies for my brother and I (2nd and 3rd versions). Everything was included, and it really is awesome going through all the packaging and new art. People on here need to stop bitching and go on with their lives until the new album comes out.