Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

sweet doodle...
bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

Nice video Blakester!  Who is taking the wicked long piss in the background?
tsp2013
Maynard Believer

Post by tsp2013 »

For those that have the copies... I am starting to believe I am a bit color blind (not really). I bought the set and I am not opening them. I can't tell which is which based solely on the cover. I think I have it down but would like if somebody could clarify...

Version 1 - Silver

Version 2 - Blue

Version 3 - Purple 

Version 4 - Copper

Version 5 - Dull Bronze

Anybody?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Maynard Believer

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

demorgan said
I want four tires when I buy a car, I would expect that someone would want their four sigs.

Really, I think we can drop the whole expectation argument - I don't think anyone here disagrees that there should be all four signatures.

I do.

"There... are... FOUR LIGHTS!"

- Jean-Luc Picard

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

That looks nothing like a USB. It looks like a mix between a SIM card and a memory card you'd use in a camera, etc.
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

joeypants said
That looks nothing like a USB. It looks like a mix between a SIM card and a memory card you'd use in a camera, etc.

THAT'S what I was trying to think of! a SIM card! It does look a lot like one but I have the answer...You have to put it in upsidedown for the computer to recognize it. The metal has to be sticking UP for those of us who didn't know... It's a blank 4GB USB drive but the "packing list" on the CoA's says that "each drive contains different artwork" but apparently that's not true unless they're talking about the artwork on the actual drive itself.

...and you'd be a damn fool to try and use this thing to store anything valuable on because all it would take is one little drop and it would shatter the USB stick off from the body of the card so use of it is not highly recommended

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Heard back from merch today with a final answer...im not getting the album. Pretty disappointed. They said I would be the first to get one if one became available,  but they're sold out! I collect this type of stuff and feel pretty let down about the situation. Ill copy and paste the response later today.  What a buzzkill!!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Bogart said
Heard back from merch today with a final answer...im not getting the album. Pretty disappointed. They said I would be the first to get one if one became available,  but they're sold out! I collect this type of stuff and feel pretty let down about the situation. Ill copy and paste the response later today.  What a buzzkill!!

I imagine they have a few set aside for some sorta future sale.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bogart said

That seems like total bullshit.  So, as mentioned before, down the road when they "uncover" some "long forgotten" stash of these and put them up for sale at twice the price, you'll be even more pissed off.  Lameness.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Heres the response from merch. I like how they said they're gonna do me a favor and not charge me shipping for an item I wasnt going to get...pretty disappointed boys

We dont know what happened to your order but it did not count the opiate cd for order #7**** We were hoping it did so that it would have saved you a copy. Unfortunately it didnt and since we are sold out every single cd is accounted for. So what my boss said is that as soon as one becomes available we will let you know and if you still wish to purchase it you have first dibs. We dont know when one will become available or even if one will become available but you will know first hand. Was there a specific version you were looking for? Oh and we are gonna cancel your order and when we go to process your order we will not charge you for the postage fees as our way of saying sorry  for this inconvenience. I have already listed your name and email on all stations so that there is no way anyone else can get a cd if one becomes available as there are a lot of "stand bys" waiting as well. I apologize and am very grateful for your patience and total understanding. 

levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

Bogart said
Heres the response from merch. I like how they said they're gonna do me a favor and not charge me shipping for an item I wasnt going to get...pretty disappointed boys

We dont know what happened to your order but it did not count the opiate cd for order #7**** We were hoping it did so that it would have saved you a copy. Unfortunately it didnt and since we are sold out every single cd is accounted for. So what my boss said is that as soon as one becomes available we will let you know and if you still wish to purchase it you have first dibs. We dont know when one will become available or even if one will become available but you will know first hand. Was there a specific version you were looking for? Oh and we are gonna cancel your order and when we go to process your order we will not charge you for the postage fees as our way of saying sorry  for this inconvenience. I have already listed your name and email on all stations so that there is no way anyone else can get a cd if one becomes available as there are a lot of "stand bys" waiting as well. I apologize and am very grateful for your patience and total understanding. 

Fucking priceless!!!  What a bunch of Tools.

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Haha!  We're going to remove this dildo as our way of saying sorry.
juancarloss
Maynard Believer

Post by juancarloss »

i hate myslef for not being able to get one! if anyone is selling one plz!!!!!! plzzz!!!!!!! contact me!!!!!! i live in south america!!!! it was imposible to get one without an american crdit card billing and shipping adress! this limited editions look awsome!!! hope you all enjoy yours!

take care!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Tool fans are worse than the band they all hate. Ahahahahahahahha, what a bunch of crybabies.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Got mine today in Texas from the TA sale. No doodle or golden ticket but I still personally feel like I got what I paid for. Good luck to our fellow fourth eyers on getting a ticket. anyone in the DFW area that likes to hang and party message me I would like to meet some fellow persons. And hellboy you run the best tool site will be a paying member soon thanks for everything you do.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said

They're going to cancel the postage fee. That you paid for. For a product you didn't get.

How nice of them.

I'm amazed anyone got what they paid for, to be honest. They sound like the most useless people on the planet.

Time to start out-sourcing, guys.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

DRURY said
Tool fans are worse than the band they all hate. Ahahahahahahahha, what a bunch of crybabies.

Did you ever receive your Opiate? What are your thoughts on it if you did?
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Bogart said

Unfortunately it didnt and since we are sold out every single cd is accounted for. So what my boss said is that as soon as one becomes available we will let you know and if you still wish to purchase it you have first dibs. 

I wonder who his "boss" is.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
They're going to cancel the postage fee. That you paid for. For a product you didn't get.

Maybe I misread that, but it sounds to me like they're cancelling the postage fee on the one they're hoping becomes available, not the postage already paid for.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay said
Bogart said

Unfortunately it didnt and since we are sold out every single cd is accounted for. So what my boss said is that as soon as one becomes available we will let you know and if you still wish to purchase it you have first dibs. 

I wonder who his "boss" is.

My guess is there is no boss.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 

Maybe I misread that, but it sounds to me like they're cancelling the postage fee on the one they're hoping becomes available, not the postage already paid for.

Well, yeah. They would have some nerve charging him any more than cost price at this point, in my opinion.

They're making it sound like they're doing him a big favour, which they're not.

Keep us posted, Bogart. Something tells me they have a handful stashed away somewhere; and you'll be getting one real soon.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
Well, yeah. They would have some nerve charging him any more than cost price at this point, in my opinion.

I agree, it's not really much to make up for the hassle, but then again he now has the option to not pay the $150 for this at all, which I'm sure in some circles would be much appreciated...
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 

I agree, it's not really much to make up for the hassle, but then again he now has the option to not pay the $150 for this at all, which I'm sure in some circles would be much appreciated...

How do you figure I wouldn't have to pay for one at all, Hellboy?

I appreciate the optimism, boys, but if they had some extras stashed away, why not just go ahead and give me one?

I'm still keeping the faith that I can get one-but I'm not going to hold my breath. I replied back to the email and just said I was disappointed, I appreciated his time and if I had the opportunity to get one, I would love it. Of course, I could have went off saying I got the shaft, it's a big inconveience on my part, etc. But, i've worked CS and it's not this guys fault. I think he did his job overall, just some bad luck on my part. We'll see what happens. I also jokingly said he could throw in an Aenima vinyl to square us up

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Just curious here, why do some of you think they have some stashed away?  Because they found some extra Salivals a few years back?  Wasn't Salival limited to 200,000?  I could see that happening.

But with this one?  I mean how much money could they make it they "found" some later on?  Even if they "found" like 50 and sold them for 300 it wouldn't be much cash by their standards.

Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 

How do you figure I wouldn't have to pay for one at all, Hellboy?

I appreciate the optimism, boys, but if they had some extras stashed away, why not just go ahead and give me one?

I'm still keeping the faith that I can get one-but I'm not going to hold my breath. I replied back to the email and just said I was disappointed, I appreciated his time and if I had the opportunity to get one, I would love it. Of course, I could have went off saying I got the shaft, it's a big inconveience on my part, etc. But, i've worked CS and it's not this guys fault. I think he did his job overall, just some bad luck on my part. We'll see what happens. I also jokingly said he could throw in an Aenima vinyl to square us up

He meant you are now in the position to just not buy one.

You have a really good attitude, by the way. I think I and some other members here could learn something from this.