Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

thablakester said
If you're bored as fuck and want to see what all is included in the package us folk have bought then I made a little video of it today when mine arrived. Forgive the lack of enthusiasm as I was not one of the chosen ones to receive the Spatalizer of Xanadu or what the fuck ever they called it. In any event, here's the unboxing of the Opiate Re-Release (keep in mind, I had NO idea what was inside before I got this so all the comments like "dude, you dumb fuck! you didn't know that was a window cling!?!? what a fucking moron" can just go jump in a lake

enjoy!

O...M...G! What a clusterfuck of epic proportions! I feel sorry for the bastard who didn't get his Certificate of Authenticity. Not that it matters since this product is not worth the price alone.

That MJK signature looks very suspicious. I am comparing them to my Lateralus and Aenima vinyl and they're both different. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't him signing it.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

TOOLfanboy said
I got 2 copies for my brother and I (2nd and 3rd versions). Everything was included, and it really is awesome going through all the packaging and new art. People on here need to stop bitching and go on with their lives until the new album comes out. 

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

doors said

O...M...G! What a clusterfuck of epic proportions! I feel sorry for the bastard who didn't get his Certificate of Authenticity. Not that it matters since this product is not worth the price alone.

That MJK signature looks very suspicious. I am comparing them to my Lateralus and Aenima vinyl and they're both different. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't him signing it.

little known fact: MJK rarely signs any of the tool shit himself
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

petemasterpete said

doors said

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true given he's a busy boy - but were you there when Tool were signing shit? How can you validate this?

I'm sure during the Aenima and Lateralus era he wasn't so busy then.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
End argument.

The fact that they showed photos of the members signing them is pretty fuck weak, too. They literally had no excuse.

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you.  I think the issue to most is that for the most part the people complaining the hardest are those that haven't even ordered one.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

doors said

petemasterpete said

doors said

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true given he's a busy boy - but were you there when Tool were signing shit? How can you validate this?

I'm sure during the Aenima and Lateralus era he wasn't so busy then.

ever seen his signature on the wine bottles... completely different... also, I have three things signed from various eras and his signature is a bit different on all of them... so

actual proof = none v. relative logic = infinity
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

I want four tires when I buy a car, I would expect that someone would want their four sigs.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

demorgan said
I want four tires when I buy a car, I would expect that someone would want their four sigs.

Really, I think we can drop the whole expectation argument - I don't think anyone here disagrees that there should be all four signatures.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 
End argument.

The fact that they showed photos of the members signing them is pretty fuck weak, too. They literally had no excuse.

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you.  I think the issue to most is that for the most part the people complaining the hardest are those that haven't even ordered one.

Good point; but when a band that I have given money to before in exchange for both their goods and services, I would argue I have a right to voice my opinion. I have a pretty strong sense of justice, and I just hate the fact that people were ripped off after paying such a ridiculous amount.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
aktoolhead
Maynard Believer

Post by aktoolhead »

nothing in the mail today, then again I am in Alaska.

The Maynard signature looks like my 9 year old did it. 

And was that Mrs Doubtfire and nutty prof. on VHS in the background of that video?.. LOL
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

demorgan said

Really, I think we can drop the whole expectation argument - I don't think anyone here disagrees that there should be all four signatures.

I do.

Don't mow your lawn
frikinelmo
My pain is just an excuse

Post by frikinelmo »

The Boss said

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 
End argument.

Good point; but when a band that I have given money to before in exchange for both their goods and services, I would argue I have a right to voice my opinion. I have a pretty strong sense of justice, and I just hate the fact that people were ripped off after paying such a ridiculous amount.

I wouldn't say anyone was ripped off.  People willingly paid for a known quantity product.  A few people seem to have not received all they paid for.  I highly doubt this was intentional.  If these people get zero recourse, then you have a point.  Until then, shit happens.  Ask for it to be made right.  I'd be shocked if the people missing signatures don't make out ahead in the long run.  

People are still hung up on the cost.  If it was too much for your liking, then don't purchase.  The fact that it sold out in a day means it wasn't "too expensive."  It simply means "I wish it were cheaper."  Those are two very different things.   I wish everything were cheaper, that doesn't mean everything is too expensive.  
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

hellboy1975 said

demorgan said

Really, I think we can drop the whole expectation argument – I don’t think anyone here disagrees that there should be all four signatures.

You sound irritated.
Captain Crunch
Maynard Believer

Post by Captain Crunch »

Ordered 3 total from the TA presale. Received them today. Version 1 COA had the stamp/seal. The other two did not. COA's first line essentially says they should all have the seal... version 1 had Danny's signature in silver ink. Tight contents...tip: Remove the cd first (contents toward the front of the packaging) and the rest is a lot easier to remove. 

As far as the audio on the cd, it sounds improved. It may not be "remastered" but the audio, to my own ears, sounds cleaner and with more punch than the OG release. 

As for the USB... I have yet to try it. I didn't realize 4GIG USB drives were still being manufactured...

I'm still scratching my head wondering at what point did Justin Chancellor realize he was signing 5k cds of an album he had nothing to do with. I really thought they were going to re-record Opiate in "The Loft" with Justin. Considering in a recent interview Adam said the original recording is inferior to even a simple recording using a laptop today compared to the recording truck they used at the loft 21 years ago. 

Here is to hoping the new album is a double album like all the greats have produced at least once in their careers.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Captain Crunch said 
As for the USB... I have yet to try it. I didn't realize 4GIG USB drives were still being manufactured...

They may not be.  It's likely the company that printed the image on there for Tool has boxes of 4GB "blanks" sitting in a warehouse.
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

aktoolhead said
nothing in the mail today, then again I am in Alaska.

The Maynard signature looks like my 9 year old did it. 

And was that Mrs Doubtfire and nutty prof. on VHS in the background of that video?.. LOL

Yes! That's Mrs. Doubtfire and Nutty Prof on VHS in the background and a helluva lot of other GREAT movies (if you grew up as a 90's child like me!) to add to it. I have a great little movie collection and I should've known that you bastards (or at least one or two of you crazy {amazing} bastards) would've started to strip every little element of my video into...Keep going...you may just find something in the "background" that you're looking for....who knows

thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

I agree with the person who posted that these signatures look ALL off! I have a bottle of mAYNARD'S Caduceus 2005 or 2006 wine (it's 2 o'clock in the morning or I'd go look myself) and the signature is WAAAY different so I would highly doubt these are bonafied band sig's unless there's a video of them signing all 5,000 of them because the more we delve into this, the more sketchy it seems...I'm just sayin.... for example on mine, 'nard's is a capitol M with a little circle above it. Can anybody else tell me what the "maynard" signatures look like on their copy? (this isn't a complaint....just an observation...............)
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Maynards on another plane then us, his signature evolves every day just like him
ManUtdTool
Maynard Believer

Post by ManUtdTool »

I received my copies yesterday, each had all four sigs.  One of mine, I can't remember which one, had an extra hand/doodle drawn on it, anyone else get any extra doodles? 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ManUtdTool said
I received my copies yesterday, each had all four sigs.  One of mine, I can't remember which one, had an extra hand/doodle drawn on it, anyone else get any extra doodles? 

Yours is the first I've heard of any extra doodles.  I suspected that there may be some with them.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Anyone care to scan a hi-res image of the new cover artwork? I'd like to crop it and use it in my music library at least.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

ManUtdTool said

Please post photos of this said doodle!
ManUtdTool
Maynard Believer

Post by ManUtdTool »

Hotdog said

Please post photos of this said doodle!

I'll try and figure this out.  I'll change my avatar pic to the one pic I took of it until I re-learn how to post pics.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ just replace "{ and }" with "[ and ]"

{img}http://www.fourtheye.net/wp-content/sp- ... e.JPG{/img}

Voila

Ki77aan :twisted:
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Ahh, so that's the explanation why Adam has skipped a few signatures. In between doing doodles - 1,2 skip a few 99,100

These are the consolation prizes to the Golden Ticket!