Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Boss said
Oh. What a wasted opportunity. They could've done something really cool with the storage on a USB.
Maybe they did?
Don't mow your lawn
Bjeffv
Maynard Believer

Post by Bjeffv »

@perfecttool14. Get that on ebay asap!!!

Got your hopes up? Sorry i got the same embossed logo on my version one coa, and version three coa. Knowing how low the odds of winning twice are i figured my other three versions just didnt get stamped. And seeing another v1 embossed coa confirma that.

Considering some missed signatures.i figure missing a.few stamps is very possible.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bjeffv said
@perfecttool14. Get that on ebay asap!!!

Got your hopes up? Sorry i got the same embossed logo on my version one coa, and version three coa. Knowing how low the odds of winning twice are i figured my other three versions just didnt get stamped. And seeing another v1 embossed coa confirma that.

Considering some missed signatures.i figure missing a.few stamps is very possible.

Wasn't that one of the huge points for charging $150 in the first place?

And now people don't even have all the signatures.

I'm sorry, everyone, but how many excuses are you going to keep making for these people? Not only are they liars, now, but lazy at that.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bjeffv
Maynard Believer

Post by Bjeffv »

The signatures? Yes thats a.big deal. I would be contacting the store to get that reconciled.

It was more of a.correlation as to why some have the embossed logo while others dont. Things got mixed up.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I agree that missing signatures is pretty poor form.  It remains to be seen how many are afflicted by this, but I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to check that each one has a signature as you stick it into an envelope.  Maybe they were using illegal immigrants to package this stuff?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said
I agree that missing signatures is pretty poor form.  It remains to be seen how many are afflicted by this, but I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to check that each one has a signature as you stick it into an envelope.  Maybe they were using illegal immigrants to package this stuff?

Right, considering on the COA it says the package was signed by all four members.

I'd say a good number are afflicted, considering we've already had a couple people complain about missing Adam's signature. "It's for the fans."
SteveBobSteve
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

It just had to be Adam's though after he confirmed he was lazy.

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

bunyunz said
Received mine today. Not signed by Adam.No USB. Danny's signature smudged. Awesome. 

I'm so glad I went with my gut and didn't buy one of these. Sounds like an awful experience. Sorry to hear that.

Poor form TOOL.

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Ordered mine on the 26th (public buy) and have yet to see anything new in the mail as well as the website. status still says "processing", I ordered early morning at 7:45. Live in Scottsdale Az. so not too far from L.A., just hope the Az. heat doesn't affect it and apparently now hope al sigs are there!?
oooblondieooo
My pain is just an excuse

Post by oooblondieooo »

ilikefoofighters said
Not signed by Adam

I would put it on instagram and tag him in it. 

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Sounds like a fucking disaster for some... sorry to hear that.
Again... HEINOUS CRIMES.
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

"show me the money" So, tool basically had 5K opiate cds laying around...dressed up the little piggy and didnt even care to do quality control over the product. NICE! The best april fTools joke so far this year.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Anyone put this under black light yet?
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I'm over the hate, seriously. I think its time to wipe the slate clean and hope that the next release will be the new album. I have a feeling it's going to be a great one - 6 or 7 years in the making. Only I'll be downloading it - not to worry, I'll make up for it by going to their concerts.

Negativity makes you bald.  Stay positive! YEAH!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

doors said
I'm over the hate, seriously. I think its time to wipe the slate clean and hope that the next release will be the new album. I have a feeling it's going to be a great one - 6 or 7 years in the making. Only I'll be downloading it - not to worry, I'll make up for it by going to their concerts.

Why are we, as fans who have been ripped off by not getting what we paid for, still expected to not get pissed off when this band manages to fuck up yet again?

I won't be wiping anything clean, and by their attitudes from their past five years, I expect the next album, should there be one, to be an unmitigated disaster.

And you better believe I'll be downloading it like a boss pirate.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The Boss said

doors said

Why are we, as fans who have been ripped off by not getting what we paid for, still expected to not get pissed off when this band manages to fuck up yet again?

I won't be wiping anything clean, and by their attitudes from their past five years, I expect the next album, should there be one, to be an unmitigated disaster.

I hear ya Boss, loud and clear.

I've just finished listening to all of TOOL's albums from start to finish, and my oh my what have I been missing! In that time all the due stresses and frustrations have all but gone due to their greatness. I'm sure the hate will come back to haunt me and this forum once again. Fear not! Give it time...

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Has anybody tried playing the CD in their computer?  Maybe there's something on there. 
Don't mow your lawn
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

i know its easy to get upset but i would at least give them a chance to correct their mistake before jumping to too many conclusions. i've always found them to be pretty good for making up for merch mistakes. i mean its always taken a long time to get things but anytime i've gotten anything that was a mistake they've fixed it. hell one time i didnt get an order form danny's site and he actually returned my email and got it corrected. i understand being frustrated, especially when you pay that kind of money, but chances are they'll make good. and on the bright side it was adam's signature and at least he's more likely to make it up...now if maynard's was missing....jk
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Jones forgot to sign it LOL. How embarrassing.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's clumsy, but I'd at least give them the chance to make it right before gathering up the pitchforks.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

demorgan said
@bigboy

BRD..didnt know that there was another member here in the forum. Our wives are lucky that we MEN can please their dugout.

My GF is pleased with how I treat her dugout, but BRD is internets for Blu-Ray Disc.  BRD files (if actually HQ) are 8-15GB each, so 4GB is useless.  Hell my phone has a 64GB mSD.

To the missing AJ sig - The post a picture on instagram and tag AJ is probably the best way of getting it fixed.  TA/TB CS sucks and you will probably have to wait forever for a response. AJ is fairly active on instagram.

Saw the post with 12 copies and no golden ticket... 1 in 416.667 odds are the best anyone could hope for and nothing.... makes me feel even crappier now about my chances.

I imagine middle of West US gets theirs today, middle America Friday, middle East US Saturday, and East coast Monday.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said

I'm just curious, you know how I am here I'm not trying to start shit or anything, but what did you buy that ripped you off?  You didn't buy this so I don't know what you're referring to. 

As to those who bought it, yes they should feel pissed/ripped off.  I guess there is a chance the unsigned by Jones copies might actually be worth more, but that's not what you paid for.  Like it's already been said here, post a pic of it on Instagram, his facebook page or hell, try Korrin's instagram page as well.  They're pretty active on there I'm sure you can get his attention.
Hey! Denty!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Ravenpig said
Like it's already been said here, post a pic of it on Instagram, his facebook page or hell, try Korrin's instagram page as well.  They're pretty active on there I'm sure you can get his attention.
Be nice about it though.  Bitching will get you no where. A simple "Hey AJ, was wondering if your missing signature was intended? Could I get your signature on your CD that I bought?"

Asking about intended missing signature would answer a question that has been posed and it will most likely get the signature you want as well.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bunyunz
Maynard Believer

Post by bunyunz »

The missing signature is a big deal to me. I'm hoping to at least hear back from merch. Obviously whoever packed it in the envelope saw it was missing AJ's name. Ordered from TA presale. Not getting the empty USB card is the worst feeling I've ever had!