Sip & Listen pre-Tool wine tasting events

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I had a chat with my mate Matt from Sip & Listen Wines this afternoon, and I asked him to summarise for me the wine tasting events prior to each Australia Tool show. For your convenience, here is his response:

All tastings are FREE. You will be able to purchase the wines and they will be sent to your home or office in the coming days. So you don’t need to take them to the concert.

All tastings except Brisbane are within walking distance of the concert. These tastings will be busy so be early & most venues have food on-site or close by that can be purchased to munch on before the concert

Melbourne – Post Office Hotel – 90 Swan St, Richmond – 4-7pm Saturday 27th April & Sunday 28th April http://postofficebarpizza.com.au/

Adelaide – Lady Daly Hotel -126 Port Rd Hindmarsh 4-7pm Tuesday 30th April http://www.theladydaly.com.au/

Sydney – Quest Hotel Sydney Olympic Park 6 Edwin Flack Ave, Sydney Olympic Park – 4-7pm Friday 3rd May & Saturday 4th May http://www.questapartments.com.au/Accom ... lcome.aspx

Brisbane – Wine Experience – 3 Day Tasting 150 Baroona Rd in Rosalie Village. 10am-8pm on Saturday 4th, Sunday 5th & Monday 6th 10am-8pm. www.wineexperience.com.au

I'll be there for the Adelaide one, so feel free to swing by and taste some wine with me!

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

That is awesome!  A great way to sell wine and have a little meet up.  Enjoy!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Im sure the boss cult will figure out a way to make a snide comment here.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Cool sounds like fun! Wish I could make it down under for a TOOL show and wine tasting...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Pathetic how Jimmy pimps his wine every chance he gets.  Dude won't even mention Tool but he will happily get behind a wine tasting prior to a Tool event.  Sad shit.

Hopefully you crazy kangaroo's will get something new from this latest money grab..uh I mean TOUR.  Maybe they will play something more than just a new intro to Schism.  But it is Tool we are talking about, so keep those expectations low.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

^^lol

Some things just never change.  Maynard or Mog
nicholas
Maynard Believer

Post by nicholas »

maynard & free? really??? those 2 don't go together
3 yrs. ago I paid an extra $100 for a Puscifer wine tasting- had to ask for a second helping and didn't even get to keep the glass.
he must have a sweet spot for you Australians. no resentment here, just saying take advantage of something that never happens !!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Last year Maynard set up some wine tasting tour across the US. I had the opportunity to go to one. He sent a representative to discuss the wines; what flavors to expect, foods that went well with the wine and a little bit of background on why Maynard chose to produce said wine. It was a very good experience. A chef prepared dishes that went with the wine and we all had an opportunity to purchase some of the wines from his vineyards. I think those going to this should have a great time! 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nicholas said
maynard & free? really??? those 2 don't go together
3 yrs. ago I paid an extra $100 for a Puscifer wine tasting- had to ask for a second helping and didn't even get to keep the glass.
he must have a sweet spot for you Australians. no resentment here, just saying take advantage of something that never happens !!

It's worth noting that these tastings have no affiliation with Maynard except for the fact he made the wines.  These are being run by the local distributor, and aren't a meet & greet thing. Don't go expecting Maynard will be there.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said
It's worth noting that these tastings have no affiliation with Maynard except for the fact he made the wines.  These are being run by the local distributor, and aren't a meet & greet thing. Don't go expecting Maynard will be there.

Aww man. Here I had my hopes up to get his signature on my "Evening with Val Kilmer" book.

SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrack said

hellboy1975 said

Aww man. Here I had my hopes up to get his signature on my "Evening with Val Kilmer" book.

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I was just going to drive up and back, but free piss?

Fuck.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Mogshuggah said
Pathetic how Jimmy pimps his wine every chance he gets.  Dude won't even mention Tool but he will happily get behind a wine tasting prior to a Tool event.  Sad shit.

Hopefully you crazy kangaroo's will get something new from this latest money grab..uh I mean TOUR.  Maybe they will play something more than just a new intro to Schism.  But it is Tool we are talking about, so keep those expectations low.

The point of capitalism.  

He, and a shit load of other people, are just that.

Some people pimp burgers,

some people pimps women;

Maynard pimps wine.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
I had a chat with my mate Matt

I just read this and thought you were talking about yourself.

Don't mow your lawn
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Chetterberg said

Mogshuggah said

The point of capitalism.  

some people pimps women;

Maynard pimps wine.

Fuck Maynard and his wine.  Half of the motherfuckers that will be attending these bullshit tastings won't have any fucking clue what they are even trying.  But it's Maynard's wine sooooo it must be good! #Pathetic

What makes this TOUR even worse is the fact that Tool will be playing Rod Laver Arena, one of the most important venues in Sport.  An Intimate evening with Tool?  What a fucking joke.  I hope someone makes a fucking sign asking when the new album is going to be done and waves it around.  I hope every Q & A session with Adam is full of questions about the new album. 

Enjoy a setlist full of songs you have listened to thousands of times and seen performed live numerous times.  In fact just do us a favor and keep Tool.  You can have em.  They are officially an aussie band.  Maybe they will tour with Karnivool and you kangaroos can cum all over yourselves.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Mogshuggah said

Talk about jumping the shark.  Let's not let a single opportunity to kick Maynard in the balls pass, even if he ain't involved.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Mogshuggah said 
Fuck Maynard and his wine.  Half of the motherfuckers that will be attending these bullshit tastings won't have any fucking clue what they are even trying.  But it's Maynard's wine sooooo it must be good! #Pathetic

Why do you care so much what other people think?

What makes this TOUR even worse is the fact that Tool will be playing Rod Laver Arena, one of the most important venues in Sport.  An Intimate evening with Tool?  What a fucking joke.  I hope someone makes a fucking sign asking when the new album is going to be done and waves it around.  I hope every Q & A session with Adam is full of questions about the new album. 

When did they ever suggest it would be intimate?  Do you really think any fucks will be given by Tool if someone brings a sign along?

Enjoy a setlist full of songs you have listened to thousands of times and seen performed live numerous times.  In fact just do us a favor and keep Tool.  You can have em.  They are officially an aussie band.  Maybe they will tour with Karnivool and you kangaroos can cum all over yourselves.

I will enjoy the show, and no doubt so will everyone else who attends.  Your obsession with a new album is unhealthy, and while most of us here look forward to hearing one sooner rather than later, your fixation with them not releasing an album yet is bordering on mental illness.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Why do you care so much what other people think?

When did they ever suggest it would be intimate?  Do you really think any fucks will be given by Tool if someone brings a sign along?

I will enjoy the show, and no doubt so will everyone else who attends.  Your obsession with a new album is unhealthy, and while most of us here look forward to hearing one sooner rather than later, your fixation with them not releasing an album yet is bordering on mental illness.

I don't care what other people think about me.  I am fascinated by what other people think about in general.  Sociology/Psychology/etc  I am amused and befuddled at a group of people so ready to worship that they will sample wine they know little to nothing about solely because it is in some way related to Reverend Maynard.

An Evening with Tool post on Toolband.  Too lazy to re-post it.  Go fucking look on Toolband.

As for your bullshit attempt at psychoanalysis zero fucks given on any level, meta or otherwise.

Enjoy the show.  All those vocal effects will no doubt be engaging, engrossing, and all together captivating.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Mogshuggah said 
An Evening with Tool post on Toolband.  Too lazy to re-post it.  Go fucking look on Toolband.

I did look on Toolband.  It said nothing about it being intimate.  That was your claim, not anyone else's.

How is Tool fans worship of Maynard any different than your worship of Intronaut, Tomas Haake or whoever is the current flavour of the month with you?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

Mogshuggah said 

I did look on Toolband.  It said nothing about it being intimate.  That was your claim, not anyone else's.

How is Tool fans worship of Maynard any different than your worship of Intronaut, Tomas Haake or whoever is the current flavour of the month with you?

Intronaut are a cool group of guys, but I couldn't give a fuck about what they do outside of making music.

Tomas Haake is a great drummer, but he is a bit on the arrogant side.

I have no heroes.  I worship no one.  If any of those guys, or any member of any band I listen to, do or say something stupid or act in a fucking idiotic manner I will call them on it.

But you are going off topic now.  Enjoy your Taster.  Spiral out.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

This has nothing to do with the band though Mog or even Maynard, why so worked up? 

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tyson said
This has nothing to do with the band though Mog or even Maynard, why so worked up? 

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

That's what I don't get.  Mog claims to not care what others think, or give a shit about Tool, yet sees the need to rant against them at any opportunity.  

I guess this is one of his "social experiments" that he runs.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Mogshuggah said

Chetterberg said

Mogshuggah said

The point of capitalism.  

some people pimps women;

Maynard pimps wine.

Make a sign hahaha...ahhhhhhhh that made my day
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Is this place close to the venue?

Anyway, I think there are better things to do than pretending to know anything about wine. I've had his wine, don't know how it should taste. More of a beer or hard liquor guy myself.

Hitting up the bars before the show, enjoying the show regardless of how many times I've heard 46&2, and having a good time. Holy shit look, a midget!

SteveBobSteve