Jakob confirmed as NZ support act

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Looks like New Zealand post-rock act Jakob have been confirmed as the support act for Tool when they play their two shows in Auckland. For those who haven't been paying attention, Jakob also supported Tool in Australia back in 2011. Not sure why they didn't get the gig for the whole tour, I can only presume there was some kind of scheduling issue. Here's a track of theirs for you to enjoy!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Maybe Jason couldn't play the full tour because of his hand.

Hard to imagine a DJ playing before a Tool show... is this someone standing on stage behind some decks? Bit random.

OT: Kabir = abducted?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

inequitude said 
OT: Kabir = abducted?

I think he's a bit busy these days to spend much time updating TDN.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Fucking sweet! To bad they didn't play at the first two shows, instead of that jackass dj who sucked. 
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You lucky bastards! I would kill to see Jakob period, let alone opening for Tool. Tell them to finish the damn album already (both bands, actually)!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

joeypants said
You lucky bastards! I would kill to see Jakob period, let alone opening for Tool. Tell them to finish the damn album already (both bands, actually)!

think last I read the album is done (or damn near) but one of the members hurt himself in a biking/climbing accident so they had to hold off on a few things, like playing/touring. I don't remember the specifics, it was some months ago.

Anyhow, new live shows are a sign of good things to come I think
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

As I remember it, they had it "done" and then decided they needed to redo some stuff. Aaron Harris was working on it with them, I believe.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Never heard of Jakob before... Downloaded Solace while I was laying on my couch sick as a dog... amazing shit... thank you guys.