Volto! and Caduceus update

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

John Z from Volto! has given us an update on the coming album via Facebook, posting the back cover of an advance CD, as well as hinting at the date 23rd of July. It's probably a safe assumption that the date mentioned is the release date for their new album, which according to the cover will be distributed by the Concord Music Group:

It's also been revealed that Maynard's Caduceus winery is contributing to a combined wine called Kindred. From the article:

It was wine used as conversation starter. Four Arizona winemakers figured they could use the collaboration as an excuse to get together and talk regularly.

The resulting wine, Kindred, might also spark conversation among Arizona oenophiles.

Kindred is a project of winemakers from Arizona Stronghold Vineyards, Dos Cabezas WineWorks, Caduceus Cellars and Callaghan Vineyards. Each winery donated a barrel of wine to the project, the contents of which were poured into a tank.

And:

Keenan embraced the idea, not only to work with other winemakers, but also to show the buying public that the region had matured.

“It drives home the idea ... that the state is valid when you see the winemakers kind of standing together,” Keenan said. “Up until now, it’s a new region, so everybody’s been fighting for their space on the playground a little bit. Once we get over those growing pains a bit, we can show that it’s better if we’re marching forward, arms locked.”

Sounds interesting.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I hope that really is the release date!
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Blending wines usually ends in disaster
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I wish it was sooner though, I mean they originally planned to release it in March. It doesn't seem like it should've taken them 5 months to get it out.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said
I wish it was sooner though, I mean they originally planned to release it in March. It doesn't seem like it should've taken them 5 months to get it out.

The delay was due to them being signed to a record label.  Not quite sure why they went down that path, I personally think they would have been better off releasing it themselves, but it would appear the legal legwork to make this happen takes some time.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

UndKeineEier said

The delay was due to them being signed to a record label.  Not quite sure why they went down that path, I personally think they would have been better off releasing it themselves, but it would appear the legal legwork to make this happen takes some time.

I knew that it was because they had signed with a label. I just didn't realize that it would delay the release as much as it has.

Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Great, now danny has more time with Tool. Just finish the damn record already! 
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

hellboy1975 said
Once we get over those growing pains a bit, we can show that it’s better if we’re marching forward, arms locked.”

Hey MayJay.  How's about you lock arms with your band mates and release the last album already!  You remember your band mates right?  You know the ones you made good music with in the past.  The ones that helped you to make all the cash that is now funding your wine making endeavors.  Make a concerted effort at releasing the last damn album and then make all the wine you want for all I care.

Rant over.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

bigboy55693...you must be new here. No one is allowed to question anything that the members of Tool do, unless it's in "The Grudge" thread.

You must only have positive reactions in regards to the updates about their various side-projects and the reasons that they were delayed numerous times.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said
I hope that really is the release date!

It is a Tuesday... 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

thats my bday
go taff!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

budsyralli said
thats my bday

Happy Birthday!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

void said
bigboy55693...you must be new here. No one is allowed to question anything that the members of Tool do, unless it's in "The Grudge" thread.

You must only have positive reactions in regards to the updates about their various side-projects and the reasons that they were delayed numerous times.

How is this for positive:

I like Volto!, and I am glad to see that John Z released the track listing for the new album.  I hope that I enjoy it.

AND

I feel positively that Mayjay is a douche.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA