May Tool Newsletter released with a Volto! twist

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Blair posted the May Tool Newsletter yesterday, and for those keeping score it doesn't really contain a whole load of Tool information. It does however contain a biography of Danny's band Volto! who, in case you've been totally ignoring my last couple of posts, you'd know are releasing a new album Incitare in July. Not mentioned in the email is that you can head over to the Volto! website, sign up for their email and get a free copy of the track Grip It.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

I spy with my third eye...
Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Now to be that guy, but that's an old picture of the band.
I like to poop naked.
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

its kind of ridiculous that was the newsletter.  The song sounds awesome though I'm excited to hear the rest of The album.  reckon I'll actually go buy it from a store instead of downloading it for free. 
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I wonder if they've re-commenced working on the new album again....
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay said
I wonder if they've re-commenced working on the new album again....

you got a better shot at seeing Jesus

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said
Blair posted the May Tool Newsletter yesterday, and for those keeping score it doesn't really contain a whole load of Tool information. It does however contain a biography of Danny's band Volto! who, in case you've been totally ignoring my last couple of posts, you'd know are releasing a new album Incitare in July. Not mentioned in the email is that you can head over to the Volto! website, sign up for their email and get a free copy of the track Grip It.

Hellboy coming through in the clutch. Golden Army didn't stand a chance...

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

sublime5446 said
The song sounds awesome, though. 

Agreed, it sounds fantastic. I will be buying a physical copy of this album for sure.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I don't even expect relevant Tool news anymore. I'm at the point when its out, its out
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

I spy with my third eye...

I spy Butterbean
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

The songs sic! Pumped for this album to finally be done! Bogus newsletter, but, i doubt there is anything to report...

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

TOOL newsletter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

In fairness to Blair, he most likely had nothing to report.  Would you guys just have rathered he release no newsletter?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ettan said
TOOL newsletter

I don't disagree with what you're trying to say here, but this isn't even close to the first newsletter to have almost nothing to do with Tool.

That being said, I don't know why I can't shake the feeling that this being all about Volto! is weird.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said
In fairness to Blair, he most likely had nothing to report.  Would you guys just have rathered he release no newsletter?

I've never understood the Blair hate.  "Don't kill the messenger" and all that.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

And not only that, don't read them.  I post all the relevant Tool news here anyway.  There's really no need for a Fourtheye reader to go anywhere near his newsletters if they feel so strongly against him.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

And not only that, don't read them.  I post all the relevant Tool news here anyway.  There's really no need for a Fourtheye reader to go anywhere near his newsletters if they feel so strongly against him.

Most of us don't. Still doesn't mean we can't state our opinion of him.

I've noticed that you're becoming heavily against people expressing their opinion on anything that you like. What's up with that?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
I've noticed that you're becoming heavily against people expressing their opinion on anything that you like. What's up with that?

Not against people expressing their opinion.  Hearing the same opinion repeated every time a newsletter comes out gets a little old though.

I'd rather people expend their energy on positive threads, rather than complaining about Blair.  If everyone went "fuck it, rather than complain about Tool, I'm going to post about the new band/book/movie/game i just found" I'd be a much happier person, and the forum would be a far better place.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Honestly I dunno the last time I actually read one of those newsletters from start to finish.  Usually I'll just rely on the people here to sum it up and that seems to be working just fine, and saving me a few minutes of my day.
I like to poop naked.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

People don't hate Blair because his newsletters don't contain enough TOOL news, people hate Blair because he uses TA to pimp his own crappy merchandise.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That isn't the only reason.

People also hate: his writing style, his pimping of other bands, and yes people do blame him for the lack of Tool news. Just look at some of the reactions to this one.

What some people seemingly forget is that the members of Tool are ok with all this (and in the case of pimping other bands is more than likely their doing), so they are truly to "blame".
Hey! Denty!
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

Not one person ever said anything about Blair.  The couple people that expressed there opinion ( myself included) merely said " this newsletters bogus" then went on to say how excited they are to buy the album. Is one sentence really that big of a deal to you, that you must say something? It's off subject replies like that,  moaning about someone saying there opinion on the subject, that causes threads to turn into page after page of bickering. 

I don't blame Blair at all for the shitty newsletters and website at all either. In fact I think he does pretty good with what he has to work with and makes it semi ineteresting.  That said no he shouldn't have even done a newsletter if that's all it was. It literally amounts to taking your everyday toolband post about Alex grey or maynards wine and writing newsletter in yellow at the top.  He's a writer, even without relevant tool news there is an unlimited amount of tool related things he could write about. Like his tales from the loft for example. 

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^ You're acting as if HB's and my responses are based off just these posts.

People have been complaining about Blair for years.
Hey! Denty!
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

Ravenpig said
^ You're acting as if HB's and my responses are based off just these posts.

People have been complaining about Blair for years.

Just because the opinion is misplaced (blaming blair) doesn't mean it isn't valid. What is everyone supposed to not say anything unless its " that good" or " I like this"?  If that's the case then don't acknowledge them and go on talking about what you like about the subject. The birthing about other people bitching is just as annoying. 
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

How am I "bitching about bitching" exactly? I said I don't understand why Blair gets so much blame.

And I pointed out other things people dislike about him. (Some of which I agree with). So how?

And I'll tell you what, take your advice and apply it to yourself as well. Problem solved!
Hey! Denty!