Danny updates us on the next Tool album

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

On Volto!

I'm glad DC has an outlet for other drumming than the simple stuff he plays with TOOL.

:O
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

Boobs to that..
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re:

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:39 pm Loudwire has a chat with Danny recently, mainly about Volto! (that part of the interview is yet to be released) however they did canvass him about the next Tool album, and the chances of it coming out in 2013:

“It’s still the three of us right now and four of us it will be soon, you know, just working on all our parts and working on our compositions together,” Carey says, referring to Keenan’s current absence from the recording sessions. “Stylistically, we’re trying to push things in different ways, but it always comes out sounding like Tool no matter what we’re trying to do. We’re working everyday on it and it’s going really well, so I’m hoping we’ll get into the studio by the end of the year.”

When we asked about a possible 2013 release date for the album, Carey responded, “I doubt it. Right now, since we haven’t started tracking stuff at this point, it’ll be hard. We could have the record finished by the end of the year — that’s a possibility, but the logistics of getting it manufactured and getting the record company in line and all this stuff, I doubt we’ll be able to get it out before Christmas. We’ll see how it goes. Most likely, it’ll be early 2014.”

I think most of us knew by now 2013 was always going to be a long shot, so no real surprises there. Positive for me is that statement where Danny says "four of us it will be soon". That suggests to me that with Maynard soon to join proceedings, this length songwriting saga is finally approaching completion. While I'm not 100% confident they'll record this year, this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks to all those who emailed me the news!
LOL
Listen to All Them Witches