Danny updates us on the next Tool album

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Mog of the Architect said 
Taking the occasional shot at you Toolios is just good clean fun.  
The occasional shot?  Nothing occasional about it - it's a full blown obsession for you.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Thread-derailing personal spats aside, it's annoying the hell out of me seeing "Danny Carey says expect Tool album in early 2014" everywhere. That isn't what he said and it's manipulative, sensationalist journalism that leads to ravenous Tool fans as much as the standard "Jesus, release something already!" carrying on does. If they complete and release it by then, fantastic. But until then I wish the story would quit appearing, because people rarely read more than just the lead-ins of articles, and it's lead to a lot of misinformation being thrown around.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

UndKeineEier said

snazzlefrass said

Casey Tatum said
What is the real issue here, Mog? There really should not be so much hatred towards TOOL. What have they honestly done to deserve such criticism?

Is it from the 8 years it is taking between albums. First of all, that would not be a good enough reason. TOOL have always taken their time with their music and have increased that time exponentially over the years. What's the big deal if they want to take as much time as necessary for what could be their last record? If TOOL didn't have the freedom to take their time between albums we never would've received Lateralus and that, as we all know, is TOOL's magnum opus. So why do you fuckers complain when they take advantage of that privilege. Would you seriously prefer that they didn't have free reign over their albums. THAT IS FUCKING LUDICROUS!

Is it because you think 10,000 Days sucks, TOOL have gone off the deep-end artistically, and their is no hope for redemption? Well, that is a matter of opinion and one that i personally don't agree with. 10,000 Days is stunningly amazing in its own way, in spite of it being the follow-up to Lateralus, which is a fucking hell of an album to beat.

If it isn't either of those reasons, then what is it? Seriously, i can't think of another one...

We've all seen this many times. Let it go bro. People have opinions. If it upsets you so much, maybe you shouldn't be on this forum. Then again, maybe I could fuck off.

Maybe.

Can't we all just fuck off?

Can't we all just fuck each other?

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

James said
Thread-derailing personal spats aside, it's annoying the hell out of me seeing "Danny Carey says expect Tool album in early 2014" everywhere. That isn't what he said and it's manipulative, sensationalist journalism that leads to ravenous Tool fans as much as the standard "Jesus, release something already!" carrying on does. If they complete and release it by then, fantastic. But until then I wish the story would quit appearing, because people rarely read more than just the lead-ins of articles, and it's lead to a lot of misinformation being thrown around.

It's annoying, true. At first I was all "You really believe this?"

Then I realized I don't give a fuck.

It's just the media. They'll spill out whatever people wanna hear. Only to disappoint and open the floodgates for people to bitch and complain about how "Danny lied!"

I'm glad most of the people here have realized by now that buying into false promises is pointless. I mean, it's not a promise really.. I'm sure Danny's just sick of people asking about the album.

SteveBobSteve
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

@Mog - Apathy isn't an excuse for being a deconstructive online cynic at every opportunity, it's just the path of least resistance. Perhaps if your submissions were (perceived to be) measured better, you may find a little more support from others for the somewhat noble philanthropic endeavours you've made here. There's a win.
MicahALee
Maynard Believer

Post by MicahALee »

I tried to turn this into a link but I have no idea how, 

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/07/t ... g-a-movie/
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

inequitude said
@Mog - Apathy isn't an excuse for being a deconstructive online cynic at every opportunity, it's just the path of least resistance...

I don't think it's apathy, it's EGO!

Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MicahALee said
I tried to turn this into a link but I have no idea how, 

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/07/t ... g-a-movie/

I read that yesterday - there's nothing new there.  They're just speculating like everyone else is.
king
Maynard Believer

Post by king »

Are these comments to be read top to bottom or bottom to top??

Cant follow conversation here at all anymore.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

There is no movie, there is no salvail mark 2, there is only the new album
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

There is no movie, there is no salvail mark 2, there is only the new album
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

his name was robert paulson
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Are we not Tool?  We are Lay-Zee.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

A new Salival-type release really would not be all that difficult to piece together so that's not entirely out of the realm of likely possibilities. I doubt it, but it wouldn't be shocking either. Personally, I think they're done doling out the live stuff until they hang up touring. 
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan said
Are we not Tool?  We are Lay-Zee.

Ha!

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

TOOL: Don't try to make us make music; that's impossible.

Instead, only try to realize the truth.

Us:  What truth?

TOOL: There is no TOOL.

Us: There is no TOOL?

TOOL: Then you'll see, that it is not the TOOL that makes music, it is only yourself.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

ilikecheese said

TOOL: Then you'll see, that it is not the TOOL that makes music, it is only yourself.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

This is the worst thread in FE history.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Yes

Thank you

Thank you
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

ilikecheese said

Makes sense to me...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Casey Tatum said

ilikecheese said

Makes sense to me...

Holy shit, someone who gets it
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I bend spoons
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

im thinking if maynard changes his style of singing that TOOL could tour more or even more albums/projects

go taff!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Yeah but I don't want to hear those songs