Happy Birthday Adam!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's Adam's birthday in this part of the world, and as is tradition I shall post a Youtube video that contains some of his best work. The album 10,000 Days was pretty strong in regards to Adam's guitar work, and while it's easy to highlight Jambi as a defining solo, I actually think the solos in the 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) track are the best on the album. Maynard may object, but here's a decent recording of it live:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Contrary to expectation, I will not be using this as an opportunity to say how much of a douchebag I think he is.

Rather, I've always, ALWAYS loved the textures and tone he uses, and will never forget the first time I heard songs like "The Grudge", "Lateralus", "Euology", "4 Degrees" etc etc ad nauseum.

The guy has a wonderfully unique way of handling a guitar and slammin' a riff, and for that, I'll always have quite a bit of respect for him.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@crow why is adam a douchebag in your reality?

Happy Bday mr. Jones.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@crow011 You've definitely peaked my interest as to why you think he's a "douchebag". While I understand he's not the most personable member of the band (leave that to Danny and Justin) he's also not the least personable member of the band. He's the key component to the band's visual aspect and also has the most diverse portfolio within the band. Did you meet him or something and maybe he was short with you? Like I said... I'm not judging you for having the opinion you have, as I said before... You've peaked my interest. I've never met any of them so anything I might have to say about their personalities is based strictly off of interviews I've read, watched or listened to....
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i love the way the album version of this song sounds on headphones, swirling from left channel to right. i saw My Morning Jacket this summer and Jim James was using a pedal to create a similar effect on one of their songs, bouncing the sound back and forth b/t the right and left stacks. It was a cool audio trick. I wonder why (maybe he did and I just dont remember, I saw this song twice live) Adam didnt use something similar? also interesting that a riff from this song has been played as far back as the lateralus tour in 2002.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Have a good one Mr. Jones!

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Hopefully Adam gets too drunk on absinthe and accidentally slips some big info on The Pot video, haha.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

I met adams parents after an aenima tour show, and they were lovely people. his mom said "our son is the LEAD guitarist". we all thought that was funny.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Happy Birthday Lazy Bones.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Happy Birthday Adam.

Every birthday is a good one.

BTW, you share a birthday with a friend of mine

and wouldn't you know, his nickname is 'Fish.'
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

^your friends with Abe Vigoda?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

hppy brthd!!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

TAoutsider said
^your friends with Abe Vigoda?

abe rules
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Nice choice of a video, that some good youtube!