A Perfect Circle Tour 2017

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: A Perfect Circle Tour 2017

Post by Krazy_blah »

Also Fort Rock Festival the in Fort Myers April 29-30, and Jacksonville Welcome To Rock Fest (can't see dates on mobile site right now).
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Also, speculation is Sound Garden co-headlining tour.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:Also, speculation is Sound Garden co-headlining tour.
That's a lineup I could get behind, though to be honest both APC and SG were pretty underwhelming when I saw them last.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

APC/Mastodon sounds better to me.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

How... passive?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 11.40.32 am.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 11.40.32 am.png (219.12 KiB) Viewed 16191 times
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Please announce Europe dates. Please.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

They're playing Carolina Rebellion (May 5-7) in Charlotte, NC but MJK said they're playing Hollywood Bowl in LA on May 7. Seems kind of strange to fly back across the country instead of just starting the tour on the East coast.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

fortysixand2 wrote:APC/Mastodon sounds better to me.
hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Also, speculation is Sound Garden co-headlining tour.
That's a lineup I could get behind, though to be honest both APC and SG were pretty underwhelming when I saw them last.
If APC is the undercard of a co-headliner, give me NIN plz.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Long time no chat. Bummer things aren't going well in the Tool camp but it would be nice to see APC again and even better to hear some new material from them. Agreed as well on all accounts regarding either APC/NIN or APC/Mastodon. Sound Garden is meh.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Long time no chat. Bummer things aren't going well in the Tool camp but it would be nice to see APC again and even better to hear some new material from them. Agreed as well on all accounts regarding either APC/NIN or APC/Mastodon. Sound Garden is meh.
Yo, Moggie. Soundgarden can be hit or miss, but when they are in hit mode, it's worth the trip. I've seen them a few times in the past several years. They have been really good live, but one of the gigs had god-awful sound. Not their fault. Chris' voice is still there.
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Long time no chat. Bummer things aren't going well in the Tool camp but it would be nice to see APC again and even better to hear some new material from them. Agreed as well on all accounts regarding either APC/NIN or APC/Mastodon. Sound Garden is meh.
Yo, Moggie. Soundgarden can be hit or miss, but when they are in hit mode, it's worth the trip. I've seen them a few times in the past several years. They have been really good live, but one of the gigs had god-awful sound. Not their fault. Chris' voice is still there.
Just have never been a big Soundgarden fan. I respect them and their body of work but there are other bands I would rather see tour with APC. Regardless I won't pass on the chance to see APC one last time. Would be great if they broke out another new track or two. I really like By and Down and if that is any indication of the level of material Billy has laying around I would be stoked to hear more.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

May 7 Hollywood bowl

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

OK Billy, where's the rest of the tour dates?
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hey Norm, you going to the Hollywood show?
I like to poop naked.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

April 7 & 8 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
April 10 Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre
April 11 San Diego, CA Open Air Theatre
April 13 San Francisco Bill Graham Civic
April 14 Reno, NV Reno Event Center
April 15 Salt Lake City Maverik Center
April 17 Denver, CO 1st Bank Center
April 19 Kansas City, MO Starlight Amphitheatre
April 20 St. Louis, MO Chafietz Arena
April 22 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
April 23 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theatre
April 25 Austin, TX HEB Center at Cedar Park
April 26 San Antonio, TX Freeman Coliseum
April 27 Houston, TX Smart Financial Center
April 29 Jacksonville, FL Welcome to Rockville
April 30 Ft. Myers, FL Fort Rock Festival
May 2 Atlanta, GA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
May 3 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
May 5 Charlotte, NC Carolina Rebellion
May 7 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

Tickets for all non-festival dates (or Hollywood Bowl which is already on-sale) on-sale this Friday, Jan. 13 at 10 am local time.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Cool, I'm gonna try to hit the Nashville show.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

alpharetta venue is fantastic and i can not wait to see them there
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Stoked for the San Francisco show! Bill Graham is always a good place to see shows. Interesting that the seats upstair are reserved as opposed to general admission for the whole venue. Guess that is good for the people who usually wait in line for hours before doors open to get a good seat. I'll still be on the GA floor though. Anyway should be a fun night.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Bridgestone Arena's website has the electronic rock duo PRAYERS as the support act. They describe their music as Cholo goth. Oh boy.
https://www.facebook.com/PRAYERS/

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to which ticket site I should try get some Vegas tickets from?

FYI my lack of US ticket sale knowledge is due to that fact I'm a kiwi who's going to be travelling through the states in April and the timing has just worked out that my wife and I are in Vegas that weekend...obviously fucking stoked
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^It looks to be Ticketmaster. The Pearl is a fantastic venue and I saw APC there back in 2010 when they did the Mer De Norms and 13th step each day tour. Also have seen Tool in that venue and they all were great.
So back in 2010 my separated wife and I decided to get married in Vegas because it was cheap and she was working for Costco and they have great and cheap healthcare plans. Anyways we ate at a seafood buffet at the Palms before the first nights show and I got food poisoning from it and it really didn't hit me till the morning. So we were supposed to go to a drive thru wedding chapel in a limo and have the limo drop us off at the 13th step show. I was so sick that I tried to go to the lunch with her aunt and our friends but couldn't handle it. Everybody thought I was faking but why would I be nervous to marry somebody that I already live with and have a car loan with. Haha. So this is kind of a long story but there isn't much other news to talk about yet.
So we had to postpone the limo and get the limo to pick us up from the venue after the show. 13th step has some of my favorite APC songs on it and we were on the GA floor and I really tired to make it the whole show. I lasted 4 songs and I had to lay on a bench in the bar area and just listen to the songs that way. They played Diary of a Madman and I love that mash up cover. The limo came and picked us up and I said fuck it to my 4 friends and said let's go to the chapel and fucking do this. I was so sick but we did get married by a very nice black woman named Nature Noodle. I told her no god or religion involved please and she did a really good job. The limo lady didn't want to go in the dive thru because it was against the company policy but she was awesome and made an exception. I was still sick the next day on the drive home.

So back to the current tour. I already bought my Hollywood Bowl tickets and I live in San Diego. The SD show is on a Tuesday which I normally don't get off and I have never been to the Bowl and that's on a day I usually get off. So I am stoked to see them at a venue I have never been to but the Open Air Theatre in SD is kind of small and good place to see live shows. Happy to see them at their last stand alone show also and hopefully they are really tight and on point.

Lastly, what's the word on any new material? What are the odds of new music being played and being released?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

the chill wrote:
Lastly, what's the word on any new material? What are the odds of new music being played and being released?
An article on Rolling Stone seems to suggest they are starting to work on new material, but it sounds to me like it's still early days. APC have road tested stuff in the past, so wouldn't be a huge shock if they did so again on this tour, but that'd be assuming the material gets to a point where Maynard can add his parts (assuming he's not busy doing the same on Tool stuff).
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

the chill wrote:^It looks to be Ticketmaster. The Pearl is a fantastic venue and I saw APC there back in 2010 when they did the Mer De Norms and 13th step each day tour. Also have seen Tool in that venue and they all were great.
So back in 2010 my separated wife and I decided to get married in Vegas because it was cheap and she was working for Costco and they have great and cheap healthcare plans. Anyways we ate at a seafood buffet at the Palms before the first nights show and I got food poisoning from it and it really didn't hit me till the morning. So we were supposed to go to a drive thru wedding chapel in a limo and have the limo drop us off at the 13th step show. I was so sick that I tried to go to the lunch with her aunt and our friends but couldn't handle it. Everybody thought I was faking but why would I be nervous to marry somebody that I already live with and have a car loan with. Haha. So this is kind of a long story but there isn't much other news to talk about yet.
So we had to postpone the limo and get the limo to pick us up from the venue after the show. 13th step has some of my favorite APC songs on it and we were on the GA floor and I really tired to make it the whole show. I lasted 4 songs and I had to lay on a bench in the bar area and just listen to the songs that way. They played Diary of a Madman and I love that mash up cover. The limo came and picked us up and I said fuck it to my 4 friends and said let's go to the chapel and fucking do this. I was so sick but we did get married by a very nice black woman named Nature Noodle. I told her no god or religion involved please and she did a really good job. The limo lady didn't want to go in the dive thru because it was against the company policy but she was awesome and made an exception. I was still sick the next day on the drive home.

So back to the current tour. I already bought my Hollywood Bowl tickets and I live in San Diego. The SD show is on a Tuesday which I normally don't get off and I have never been to the Bowl and that's on a day I usually get off. So I am stoked to see them at a venue I have never been to but the Open Air Theatre in SD is kind of small and good place to see live shows. Happy to see them at their last stand alone show also and hopefully they are really tight and on point.

Thanks for the info BMB ;)

Yeah I've heard some good things about The Pearl. Hopefully they've got a GA (standing) section again. Will go check out Ticketmaster! Just can't believe my luck with them opening the tour there and our paths crossing as I'm only travelling for a couple of weeks through Cali / Nevada / Mexico.

Have seen APC twice - when they came to New Zealand back in 2004 (epic show) and then in Aussie on the Soundwave Tour in 2013 when he first brought Puscifer down under (not so great).
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

High probability I'll be at the SF show @ BGA. Kinda wish they were doing the Fillmore again, but those tickets were a bitch to get, so I guess this will be easier.

I've never seen anything but GA at BGA upstairs. Only numbered ticket shows have been floor seats. Interesting.
Ki77aan :twisted: