APC Tour 2017 discussion (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by ziggy23 »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Nice.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

APC Tour 2017 discussion (includes spoilers!)

Post by hellboy »

Using spoiler tags in the other thread is a bit cumbersome, so I figured a new one where spoilers can openly be discussed is a good idea!

Until the tour has finished I'd encourage all APC chat that is of a spoilery nature to be in here, and will actively most posts into this thread if I see fit.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: APC Tour 2017 discussion (includes spoilers!)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Any other working links for the new song? Just getting broken links everywhere i look?
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Try this one:

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Cheers bro
Listen to All Them Witches
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Maynard sounds pretty damn good there.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:Maynard sounds pretty damn good there.
Yeah, the sound on that video is suprisingly good. The song doesn't really stretch Maynard though, vocally it feels pretty similar to Puscifer.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Maynard sounds pretty damn good there.
Yeah, the sound on that video is suprisingly good. The song doesn't really stretch Maynard though, vocally it feels pretty similar to Puscifer.
Good song but again I just can't find the interest for this. Until Maynard is singing with Tool on a new Tool album I just dont really care about this other stuff. APC I good. Some Puscifer is good. Tool is great. Sadly with each passing day of continual silence from the Tool camp a new album just aint gonna happen. Its all a damn shame.

Maynard does sound good. Just a shame its not with Tool singing new material.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Not gonna lie, the new song does nothing for me. But I'll be fair and add an asterisk cause it's probably not complete yet.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Not gonna lie, the new song does nothing for me. But I'll be fair and add an asterisk cause it's probably not complete yet.
I think it's ok, and better than By & Down. It doesn't fill me with hope that the new album will be as good as the first two though.

But it's way to early to be making those kind of calls. I hope these guys have still go it!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I'm seeing them on May 3rd so I'm tyring to hold out on listening to the new song.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I downloaded the full 6 min version as soon as it hit Youtube (PM if you want it), went outside for a herbish smoke and started contemplating whether or not to listen to it. While I slowly entered the zone I just couldn't hold it anymore.. I'm not judging it just yet, need to either hear a studio version or see it in person. We'll see! Hopefully they bust out another new song this tour.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Gotta say it was awesome to hear 'A Stranger' and 'Thinking of you' at the final Vegas gig...has been a while since they've been played and can't be that frequent.

Even though 'Thinking of you' wasn't extended like it was in the early days and Maynard didn't strip off his voice was on song for it...and all tracks come to think of it. He was centre stage too and really letting loose dancing around on some of the heavier parts.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

I've gotta say that Maynard sounds really really good this tour. He's really into it!
Just listen to this: and
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:I've gotta say that Maynard sounds really really good this tour. He's really into it!
Just listen to this: and
ive been surprised with how great Maynard has sounded since Tool's early 2014 mini tour. Its like he turned a corner with his aged vocals.... or maybe he just found new love in singing. Either way, he does sound great
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I think he may have learned what wines to avoid while he's on tour or something.

I don't think he ever necessarily sounded bad but he has sounded better the past few years.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Slightly different version of Feathers.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:I think he may have learned what wines to avoid while he's on tour or something.

I don't think he ever necessarily sounded bad but he has sounded better the past few years.
Yeah, he sounds good for the most part. I think he's refined his singing style somewhat over the last few years. There's still notes he won't be able to hit any more, but his voice seems a lot more consistent now.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Looking forward to seeing / hearing that in person tomorrow night in SF.
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I think he may have learned what wines to avoid while he's on tour or something.

Yeah, he sounds good for the most part. I think he's refined his singing style somewhat over the last few years. There's still notes he won't be able to hit any more, but his voice seems a lot more consistent now.
Agreed he sounds way better than he did during the 10,000 Days tours. I give him props for stepping his game up at an older age. The guy can come off as a prick sometimes but I certainly can't question his work ethic and professionalism.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:

Agreed he sounds way better than he did during the 10,000 Days tours. I give him props for stepping his game up at an older age. The guy can come off as a prick sometimes but I certainly can't question his work ethic and professionalism.
agreed. some "insufferable" fan asked why hes so lazy on twitter, and where is the fucking album (or something to that effect).. MJK response was "i have released 24 albums in the last 25 years, how am i lazy"
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote: Agreed he sounds way better than he did during the 10,000 Days tours. I give him props for stepping his game up at an older age. The guy can come off as a prick sometimes but I certainly can't question his work ethic and professionalism.
agreed. some "insufferable" fan asked why hes so lazy on twitter, and where is the fucking album (or something to that effect).. MJK response was "i have released 24 albums in the last 25 years, how am i lazy"
Man that is just another example of why I hate social media. Like I said many times Maynard can be a dick, but no one has the right to attack him on social media. Plus if that fan was paying attention they would know by now that this album delay with Tool has nothing to do with Maynard. Yeah years ago I thought Puscifer might be getting in the way but it has become completely clear that it in no way had any impact on the Tool album delay situation at all. The Tool situation thing at this point is basically an Adam thing. Danny can write anything and play anything. Justin will go along with what Adam is happy with. Adam is the issue. Even then, you don't take to social media and directly send a message like that to anyone in the band, or really anyone at all for that matter unless you are telling @TheRealDonaldTrump that he is an insufferable worthless cunt

Plus what ever happened to the concept of catching more flies with honey than vinegar? Yes it is a very old saying but it holds true. If you are going to take the time to actually address someone being respectful and tactful typically produces a much more positive outcome. Or in this case, a more positive dialogue or conversation.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

We got vanishing stranger's gravity package which is cool.
New song sounds better live than on utoob.
He seems upbeat.