APC Tour 2018 discussion (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
tys0n
Streeper

Re: APC Tour 2018 discussion (includes spoilers!)

Post by tys0n »

Imagine you've created something with a long term partner, something you are proud of and want to share with the rest of the world, not just a recording, but live, you have this passion within you as the workaholic you are, then you read some absolute loser online saying shit like ' I think Maynard is an arrogant, hypocritical, disingenuous jerk who has been talking out of his ass recently taking swipes at Tool fans, his Tool band mates, and coming off as a houlier than thou prick who doesn't practice what he preaches.'

You'd honestly think to yourself, worth it.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ettan wrote:@MOG

Point taken. Came off too mean, apologies.
All good. I know you mentioned planning on seeing APC a bunch of times when they are in Europe I hope you have a great time at the shows
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote:
This is terrible news. Look at those dates you tell me when Maynard will get in the studio with Tool??? Fuck APC and Eat the Elephant
Maynard has already made it clear that he won't be doing his vocals in studio with Tool. He'll do them in Arizona, most likely during the harvest.
Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if this produces the best results yet (setting aside the usual disclaimers that he's not going to turn into '95 Maynard again vocally/scream-wise)
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

October 20 Salt Lake City, UT Maverik Center
October 22 Denver, CO Red Rocks Amphitheater
October 24 Austin, TX Austin 360 Amphitheatre
October 29 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre
October 30 Orlando, FL CFE Arena
November 1 Charlotte, NC Bojangles’ Coliseum
November 2 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
November 6 New York, NY The Theater at Madison Square Garden
November 17 Anaheim, CA The Theatre at Honda Center
November 18 Las Vegas, NV The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas – The Chelsea
November 20 Phoenix, AZ Comerica Theatre
Lots of gaps here.. I'd be surprised if they didn't announce another 5-10 shows in the coming weeks. They're playing the same markets and venues as last year so I'm not crazy about going again but if they hit Louisville or Cincinnati on their way to NY I'd consider it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote: Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if this produces the best results yet (setting aside the usual disclaimers that he's not going to turn into '95 Maynard again vocally/scream-wise)
My main concern would be the collaborative effect. Maynard recording by himself with Mat Mitchell in AZ is very different from him doing so with the other guys + Joe Baressi. I think that some care needs to be taken to ensure that the mix is right for a start, as the Tool album is not some solo project where he can call all the shots.

I trust Tool to get this right though.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote:
joeypants wrote: Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if this produces the best results yet (setting aside the usual disclaimers that he's not going to turn into '95 Maynard again vocally/scream-wise)
My main concern would be the collaborative effect. Maynard recording by himself with Mat Mitchell in AZ is very different from him doing so with the other guys + Joe Baressi. I think that some care needs to be taken to ensure that the mix is right for a start, as the Tool album is not some solo project where he can call all the shots.

yeah, same here. i guess he visited the studio to discuss these things though. pretty sure mjk and the other guys exactly know which sound and characteristic to go for with those lyrics...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

lukas wrote:
hellboy wrote:

yeah, same here. i guess he visited the studio to discuss these things though. pretty sure mjk and the other guys exactly know which sound and characteristic to go for with those lyrics...
This has crossed my mind as well. However I think that MJK is directly collaborating with the band on themes and how things will flow together. I think he is just going to record in AZ, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still had Joe mix the vocals rather than Mat. I think either would work. MJK takes all his projects seriously, so I don't think we have to worry about him going off and doing his part by himself.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

On Tuesday it's exactly one week left until I get to see APC again, good times with lots of traveling ahead for me. Truly an adventure i've only dreamt about for the last decade or so, now i'm living in that moment. The time for Tool will come, I can smell the odor from the oven now so shouldn't be that far away.

LET'S DO THIS

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Nice one bro! Love that build up in the week coming up for a show you're amped for and you gotta travel to get to. All reports I've read have been solid for this tour so sounds like she should be a gooden. Have fun mate
Listen to All Them Witches
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

wow.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

lukas wrote:wow.
New link:

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Bro that's from Knotfest last year
Steenmonkey
Maynard Believer

Post by Steenmonkey »

Hey guys,

I’m heading to the APC gig in Manchester Apollo on 12 June. One of my friends has dropped out. Ticket available for £40. Can post or you can meet me at the venue on the night.

Get in touch, cheers
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Rock Am Ring 2018 show from anyone tracking it down:

Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

24 hours left

tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Holy fuck. Thanks for the German feed Hellboy. Great quality. What a mind fuck to play counting bodies like sheep as an opener in Nuremberg. I wondr if those fuckers understood the significance. Audio was fantastic. McJunckins is a beast.
“Casual Fan”
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tiresias wrote:Holy fuck. Thanks for the German feed Hellboy. Great quality. What a mind fuck to play counting bodies like sheep as an opener in Nuremberg. I wondr if those fuckers understood the significance. Audio was fantastic. McJunckins is a beast.
It's a great watch. Excellent show. I think the EtE songs come across pretty well live. Maynard sounds great for the most part. The rest of the band are on point as well - I think I prefer Greg from Failure over Iha
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

hellboy wrote:
tiresias wrote:Holy fuck. Thanks for the German feed Hellboy. Great quality. What a mind fuck to play counting bodies like sheep as an opener in Nuremberg. I wondr if those fuckers understood the significance. Audio was fantastic. McJunckins is a beast.
It's a great watch. Excellent show. I think the EtE songs come across pretty well live. Maynard sounds great for the most part. The rest of the band are on point as well - I think I prefer Greg from Failure over Iha
i agree it was a great show. I am kind of digging the daylight shows where we can actually see the band. It does mute the visuals though.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

APC @ Voodoo Fest
Thekevinjones
Maynard Believer

Post by Thekevinjones »

Hi, thought I'd join you all in the excitement of the tour.
The main reason I'm here is to inform you all that I won a competition, that included 2 tickets to the gig at the O2 academy in Brixton next Wednesday, 13th June. However, I don't have anyone to go with. So, I was wondering if anyone on here would like to come with me? I will be driving there from Farnham in Surrey, so if you are living relatively close to me that would be preferable.
I'm not looking for any money, just a contribution to fuel, and the parking charge.

I hope someone is interested in coming with me.
Thanks.
Kevin.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

fortysixand2 wrote:APC @ Voodoo Fest
Have to admit its odd to see APC on the second line with the likes of Modest Mouse... and below Mumford & Sons and the Arctic Monkeys.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Just got back home, the show was great! They played the same setlist from the last non-festival show so i'm glad that I didn't peak at the setlist.
Highlights of the show: Thomas, The Package and Gravity.

Now i'm gonna sleep and soak it all in, god I love the Maynard universe.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Thekevinjones wrote:Hi, thought I'd join you all in the excitement of the tour.
The main reason I'm here is to inform you all that I won a competition, that included 2 tickets to the gig at the O2 academy in Brixton next Wednesday, 13th June. However, I don't have anyone to go with. So, I was wondering if anyone on here would like to come with me? I will be driving there from Farnham in Surrey, so if you are living relatively close to me that would be preferable.
I'm not looking for any money, just a contribution to fuel, and the parking charge.

Thanks.
Kevin.
Make sure you do a background check on them before going or there is a better than average chance you will end up on a leash in someones basement as their gimp...

p.s. I would go with you, but I already have a gimp.

p.p.s and I live in the states.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Thekevinjones wrote:Hi, thought I'd join you all in the excitement of the tour.

Thanks.
Kevin.
I already have tickets for the show so i'll see you there. Feel free to shot a PM if you wanna get some drinks pre-show.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

That Rock Am stream is really great.

Also highlights how much Freese is missed. The Hollow is like a whole different (lesser) song without him. Fills are weak, son!!