Why APC announced two more Tours

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
Post Reply
User avatar
lukas
Geacon
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 am

Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by lukas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:20 am

I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.

earthrocker
RIP
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 9:59 am
Height: Short
Location: Always Changing

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by earthrocker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:04 am

Billy and Maynard are in a civil partnership
Don't listen to Cog

User avatar
tys0n
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by tys0n » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:07 am

lukas wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.
I think you are way of the mark here, go watch the interview with Lars
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
lukas
Geacon
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by lukas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 am

tys0n wrote:
lukas wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that APC is way more important for Billy than it is for Maynard (i.E. financially). I'm pretty sure MJK had a polite discussion with Billy and explained to him that once the Tool Album is out (which will probably be in spring), he'll be busy for a long time. Since I am sure that Billy put a lot of effort into Eat the Elephant, MJK didn't want to let Billy down and get over with APC with just 2 short Tours and that's it. No one will care about APC and Billy's stuff once the new Tool Album drops. So MJK made the offer to squeeze in two more tours before he'll be off. After all it's better than nothing. Just 2 short spring tours to support a new full length album isn't a lot really and for Billy this would certainly mean to miss out a lot of potential money and attention. I guess it's just a nice move from Maynard with regard to Billy. Maynard just supports Billy and wants him to get the fair amount of attention he deserves after all the work he has done.
I think you are way of the mark here, go watch the interview with Lars
what are you referring to exactly?

User avatar
tys0n
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by tys0n » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 am

Canned audience laughter

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11085
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by hellboy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 am

I'm sure Maynard enjoys working with Billy and APC. I don't think there's some kind of patronising undertone of him supporting Billy going on here.

User avatar
lukas
Geacon
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by lukas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:36 am

I never said MJK wouldn't enjoy working with Billy. But it's obvious that once the tool train gets rolling, MJK will be super busy.

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2152
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by xZ1mM3r » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

lukas wrote:I never said MJK wouldn't enjoy working with Billy. But it's obvious that once the tool train gets rolling, MJK will be super busy.
If the tables were turned, and Tool came out with an album first, and then APC came out with one the following year, people would still flock to the APC shows. Even after the Tool record comes out, an APC tour would still sell out...

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11085
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by hellboy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 am

I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2152
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by xZ1mM3r » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 am

hellboy wrote:I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
Whats your gut tell you about the status of the Tool release?? I ask becuase your assuming an APC tour in early 2019... maybe your response is best fit in the Tool thread...

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11085
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by hellboy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:19 am

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
Whats your gut tell you about the status of the Tool release?? I ask becuase your assuming an APC tour in early 2019... maybe your response is best fit in the Tool thread...
My opinion? APC touring Jan and/or Feb. Tool album release in March or April

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Barnacle Bill
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by Busty McCracken » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:27 pm

^ Sounds about spot on I reckon.
Listen to Cog

User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Has been
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:08 am
Height: this tall

Re: Why APC announced two more Tours

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:38 pm

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think we'll see more APC touring anyway - I doubt they will wind up and not play shows in Australia/NZ/Japan. I think a tour early 2019 is a likely scenario
Whats your gut tell you about the status of the Tool release?? I ask becuase your assuming an APC tour in early 2019... maybe your response is best fit in the Tool thread...
My opinion? APC touring Jan and/or Feb. Tool album release in March or April
Busty McCracken wrote:^ Sounds about spot on I reckon.
I agree. New Tool in early spring and tour starting in the late spring/summer with breaks for grapes...

Post Reply