South American shows

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

To be honest Adam fucks up more in those videos than Maynard.

Also, Maynard sung the end of Pushit that way in all shows on that tour.  I agree that it's not fantastic, but that's all he's got.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said
that is why i think he is much worse now than he was in 07.   the staring down the hole again line was still in tact and sung with authority in 07. something he absolutely can not do anymore

Huh?  Until last year Pushit hadn't been performed since 2002.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well there you go - I could have sworn it was never played that tour.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said
i only know that because A) i was there  B) i have a recording of it and MJK is on the whole night. Great show. he was a bit down in the mix though.

Just listened to a couple of bootlegs, and it sounds fine.  To be fair though, aside from missing the lines on the 2012 shows, there's not a massive difference.  But then again I am wearing my rose coloured glasses today it seems.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said
Well there you go - I could have sworn it was never played that tour.

I heard it at the Richmond, VA show during that tour too.

I like to poop naked.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Just watched the whole show and I have to add that yes he sounded pretty average, not bad, but not great either. This really doesn't compare to what I saw just over a month ago in Melbourne though. He was fantastic with Puscifer, killing some pretty tough high notes on tricky songs, and really belting it for the heavy stuff. You can tell here he is having an off night; that final scream during the outsider was nothing like what we got at Soundwave…maybe touring with two bands was a little much.

Anyway, every musician has a bad night, and I'm sure there are plenty of examples on youtube from back in the day and now. I guess what we (well I) really miss is the old Maynard more than anything, you can forgive him a little more when he is entertaining through his movement and presence, and not just when he's another 'instrument' at the back...but hey, I still can’t wait for April 27th (and 28th), I’ll be front and centre.