Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by petemasterpete »

jaimiej wrote:
Ettan wrote:
brewdog123 wrote:I think the crowd noise is good, it gives you an idea of the energy in the venue at any given night. I think it's better than a sterile sound board
I get your point but when people scream "FUUUUCK YEEEAH!!!!" during Fiddle and the drum it just ruins the moment..
Agreed.

There's a chick that yells "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO FUCKING SEXY" at one point that I would like to slap square across the face. You're not at a fucking One Direction show, get it together bitch.
wow, are you that new to this scene or just ignorant to how much Maynie appreciates mosh pits and drunken banter during his heart-felt ballad performances?!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

petemasterpete wrote:
jaimiej wrote:
Ettan wrote: I get your point but when people scream "FUUUUCK YEEEAH!!!!" during Fiddle and the drum it just ruins the moment..
Agreed.

There's a chick that yells "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO FUCKING SEXY" at one point that I would like to slap square across the face. You're not at a fucking One Direction show, get it together bitch.
wow, are you that new to this scene or just ignorant to how much Maynie appreciates mosh pits and drunken banter during his heart-felt ballad performances?!
The "FUCK YEAH" bro during Fiddle and the Drum is, admittedly, the dumbest thing ever.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Got my one week delay email on shipping, still patiently waiting...
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

gerbil wrote:
The "FUCK YEAH" bro during Fiddle and the Drum is, admittedly, the dumbest thing ever.
I feel it's kept in for a reason, it's a tongue in cheek reference to the states patriotism.

May May probably finds it hilarious, as the hick probably has no idea what the song is actually about and he represents 90% of America.
gerbil

Post by gerbil »

Not Tyson wrote:
gerbil wrote:
I feel it's kept in for a reason, it's a tongue in cheek reference to the states patriotism.

May May probably finds it hilarious, as the hick probably has no idea what the song is actually about and he represents 90% of America.
Haha. It's true. I mean, I laughed my ass off. I'm just glad we got the version on Stone And Echo, too.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

I haven't received a delay notice yet for the APC box set. Hope it arrives next week.

Tend to think the crowd comments were left in there by design too.
There's this guy who screams 'McGlaughlin' on the 'Friday Night in SF' album with Al and Paco...but at least he did it between songs.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

if may jay don't like when people in the audience jump or go crazy, why did he get so upset that people sat down?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ettan wrote:if may jay don't like when people in the audience jump or go crazy, why did he get so upset that people sat down?
Moshing and dancing aren't exactly the same thing, I'd guess.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Ravenpig wrote:
Ettan wrote:if may jay don't like when people in the audience jump or go crazy, why did he get so upset that people sat down?
hm true dat. weird reaction though. I have a lot of stuff from 2004 when he gets really mad at the crowd for not "waking up". "you guys at the front, is it time to wake up soon? jesus fucking christ you guys are even worse than Sacramento." great frontman.
gerbil

Post by gerbil »

Ettan wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:
hm true dat. weird reaction though. I have a lot of stuff from 2004 when he gets really mad at the crowd for not "waking up". "you guys at the front, is it time to wake up soon? jesus fucking christ you guys are even worse than Sacramento." great frontman.
lol a lot of frontmen compare one city to another in a disparaging fashion.

But it is weird when Mayjay got all weird about people getting up or sitting down. On the one hand I know what it feels like to have people right up front not paying any attention. And on the other, people moshing to fucking 3 Libras or A Stranger was weird as fuck.

I was front row standing room in Cleveland in 04 and people seriously bashed the shit out of each other during the beginning of The Package and Breña.
jaimiej
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimiej »

I have done a lot of shows from the barricade in my day for many different bands but I have to say those 04 dates with Mars Volta opening were some of the roughest for me surprisingly. I was actually ace bandaging my body for the shows as the tour went on because the bruising was so bad. I sort of missed it on the more recent tours where everyone just stood there.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

Someone might have already mentioned it but I just noticed there's a full album's worth of commentary tracks by Billy for Three Sixty on Spotify. Pretty neat if you want to hear about the genesis of some of these classic APC tunes.
chair
Bronco's Fan

Post by chair »

Shipping notice!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

chair wrote:Shipping notice!
Is it shipping via drone?
Don't mow your lawn
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Got my shipping notice. Won't ship till the fucking 12th. For how much they charged it sure is taking for ever to get it. Luckily I live in southern Cali and hopefully that's where they ship it from and it won't take to long to get to me. I am glad I am getting hard copies. I ordered the Puscifer DVD today and that supposably won't be getting to my place till Jan. But it only cost me $18 with shipping on amazon and it also is a hard copy.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

the chill wrote:Got my shipping notice. Won't ship till the fucking 12th. For how much they charged it sure is taking for ever to get it. Luckily I live in southern Cali and hopefully that's where they ship it from and it won't take to long to get to me. I am glad I am getting hard copies. I ordered the Puscifer DVD today and that supposably won't be getting to my place till Jan. But it only cost me $18 with shipping on amazon and it also is a hard copy.
The Puscifer DVD was awesome, you'll enjoy it. Funny shit
levba

Post by levba »

Still not shipped? WTF
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

yeah, where is this?
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

FWIW, I was in a local record shop the other day and the guy behind the counter said the Stone and Echo DVD had a release date of January 14th.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

fortysixand2 wrote:FWIW, I was in a local record shop the other day and the guy behind the counter said the Stone and Echo DVD had a release date of January 14th.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Who the fuck is willing to pay that ? jesus christ, merry christmas
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

It finally came in today. Stoked. I have to start work so I will talk more about it later
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ettan wrote:
Who the fuck is willing to pay that ? jesus christ, merry christmas
Hopefully nobody is willing to pay that. It will just encourage these opportunistic fucks. Offense intended.

Edit: I might pay that much for a similar Tool Live Box Set, as long as it included the tickets to all the shows. :D

Seriously, just take a minute and think about that... because it will likely never happen, but wouldn't it be killer?