APC Box set coming in December

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by MAGNUS »

Is it me or does Jeff's cymbal riding (or whatever it's called) at 4:04 sound like shit. When I listened to the stream on my phone I couldnt hear it but I just got a chance to listen to the song on my computer using my headphones and it sounds pretty bad. It sounds as if the mix is trying to alternate each strike between the left & right channel but the left is much louder causing it to almost sound off beat.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I thought the mix was a little whack, but assumed it was related to the compression / bad rip / whatever of having it as an online sample.

I'll check that out when I have a minute.

Nice to see you posting Magnus.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

mix was a little off, the drums do sound a little overpowering.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

slurp slurp
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:it's an excellent heroin song.
Do tell
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilikecheese wrote:Nice to see you posting Magnus.

slurp slurp
Ah, you're a Magnus fan too? Cool.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I knew that it would suck donkey balls, jesus fucking christ this is bad mr.Keenan http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... e/10784117
MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS »

Kittaan wrote:^ I thought the mix was a little whack, but assumed it was related to the compression / bad rip / whatever of having it as an online sample.

I'll check that out when I have a minute.

It's been a crazy busy year. Promotion at work, bought a house a few months ago and just recently started tri training... I tend troll from time to time but things seem like they mighy be slowing down soon.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ettan wrote:I knew that it would suck donkey balls, jesus fucking christ this is bad mr.Keenan http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... e/10784117
not working for me for some fucking reason.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:I knew that it would suck donkey balls, jesus fucking christ this is bad mr.Keenan http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... e/10784117
I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. We all know Maynard's best is behind him, and Judith would be right up there with the hardest of all the songs Maynard sings in any band.

Still, I'd be much more excited if this live DVD was from an era when Maynard was at his peak.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I agree, not bad at all. I think Maynard sounds fine.

They should have included at least one show from back in the day, but I'm still looking forward to hearing these shows.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He sounds just fine to me. So he doesn't do the big scream at the end anymore, oh well.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan wrote:I agree, not bad at all. I think Maynard sounds fine.

They should have included at least one show from back in the day, but I'm still looking forward to hearing these shows.
I'm guessing you've seen it, but in case not, there's a whole show of theirs from when they opened for NIN on YouTube. Professionally shot and everything. Pretty sure it was some kind of MTV special. I'd link it for you but I'm on my phone.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Just wait until you hear Breña or 3 libra. Trust me
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:
Kittaan wrote:I agree, not bad at all. I think Maynard sounds fine.

I'm guessing you've seen it, but in case not, there's a whole show of theirs from when they opened for NIN on YouTube. Professionally shot and everything. Pretty sure it was some kind of MTV special. I'd link it for you but I'm on my phone.
Thanks RP. Pretty sure I've seen that, but link when you can. I'm sure somebody will be interested.

@ Ettan - we get it - you're not impressed.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm at a computer now, here you go!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:I'm a computer now
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Don't mow your lawn
MAGNUS

Post by MAGNUS »

Not bad. At this point everyone, or at least everyone on here, should have a realistic expectation... If you're expecting MJ circa 10 years ago then you will be disappointed...

I've seen the mtv2 video before but just recently found a promo release of the same show. Sounds great. It's probably the only professional live release we'll get of MJ in his prime.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Maynard sounds like shit. Judith is not a song he should try singing live again. Ugh
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

MOG wrote:Maynard sounds like shit. Judith is not a song he should try singing live again. Ugh
bless you
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MOG wrote:Maynard sounds like shit. Judith is not a song he should try singing live again. Ugh
I disagree. MJK is not off key, his voice doesn't break up, he sounds solid to me. There may be some issues with the background vox on certain phrases, but that's getting picky on a live track.

@ Mog and Ettan, respectively: Please support your statements "Maynard sounds like shit." and "suck donkey balls, jesus fucking christ this is bad" Maybe point out something specific rather than a blanket statement?

Honestly curious, not trying to be an arse.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Kittaan wrote:
I disagree. MJK is not off key, his voice doesn't break up, he sounds solid to me. There may be some issues with the background vox on certain phrases, but that's getting picky on a live track.

@ Mog and Ettan, respectively: Please support your statements "Maynard sounds like shit." and "suck donkey balls, jesus fucking christ this is bad" Maybe point out something specific rather than a blanket statement?

It doesn't matter if he's on key. He had a horrible time during the 2010 tour and he admitted it himself.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Big deal, I heard the recording, he sounded good, it's live, not a studio recording.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:

Fairly obvious. He sounds like shit. His voice is not strong enough to handle a song like Judith at this point. He can't get up high enough any more when needed and lacks the power needed vocally to properly express himself artistically in this song. His range is shot. Combination of getting old and drinking too much wine. He still sounds good on songs like By and Down and The Humbling River where he doesn't have to extend himself.

As Ettan mentioned he admitted to having trouble with the Mer de Noms songs. He was in his prime when that album came out. His recent attempts at singing tracks from that album again failed fairly miserably. Doesn't bode well for the next Tool album. I almost feel bad for you Toolios. I am just imagining an album full of songs like The Pot. *cringe*
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ fuck off Mog! I am hung over and reading the diarrhea that you are writing is just sad! Fuck off and fuck off. You try to hard to hate May May. Can't believe I am even feeding into your fowl, exploding diarrhea. I honestly can't believe that Kittaan thought you two would come up with actual evidence instead of the same pissy stupid shit you two both say every fucking tired thread. Clean your ass Mog and get the fuck out. Again I am fucking hung over and should just ignore your stupid face but you are such a tool you don't even know it.

Fuck off!! You have had a couple of good posts honestly but everything else is just really sad. Please take a break from this place. Or not. I am not "the boss". Maybe I should stop being here but I really enjoy most everything that people post here expect you of course. Your a sad pathetic person. You just bitch bitch bitch. If you act like this in real life I am surprised you have friends or anybody in your life.

What the fuck am I doing? Complaining about some bitch on the Internet. I am almost as sad as you Mog.

Fuck. Break down post. Haha

Edit: seconds after posting this I thought to delete it. Ha. Honestly Mog do your thing. I will just ignore it like I always do. I am not being very "chill".