Puscifer at Coachella 4/20

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I had the opportunity to see Puscifer at Coachella on 4.20.13. As with previous Puscifer performances I have seen it turned out to be one hell of a ride. I rolled into the polo fields just as the crew were setting up at the Outdoor Stage.

The weather was almost perfect. Hot with a breeze and blue skies.

Nice "holiday" atmosphere in the crowd before the set. The band came out, beers in hand, from the on stage Airstream. It was Carina Round's Birthday so they appeared to be celebrating. She was made up to look pregnant which gave comic effect to everything she did. There were also two women back-up singers who looked and sounded amazing, both similarly dressed to Carina, sans pregnancy. Mat McJunkins (Bass) was wearing an I <3 WEED, CA T-shirt for the holiday and a red hat. Maynard came out in an orange prisoner jumpsuit, elvis glasses, a blond mullet wig and a beverage in a beer coozy. He immediately asked for something to be brought forward. Cardboard boxes full of "Vagina Airlines" silver packages were thrown into the crowd. I grabbed a couple peanuts packages and threw whatever else landed nearby.

I am not entirely clear on what the set list was for various reasons, but highlights were "Donkey Punch", "Breathe", "Conditions of my Parole", "Telling Ghosts", "Dozo". Nothing was bad. From where I stood the sound was perfect for everyone. I was really impressed by the ensemble. Puscifer live is certainly a band experience with everyone contributing a large chunk. Telefon Tel Aviv and Friedl were especially good. Carina is amazing and the two Matts are great. Maynard surprises as always. He is good on the slow melodic songs and still scare the spine to a tingle with his scream. I had to rescue my fiance from the Major Lazer crowd, so I skipped out while the band played "Country Boner". Overall great set, and I will gladly watch them anytime.

Here is a shot I took.

Here is a gallery I found.

“Casual Fan”
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

One of the best live bands i've seen. Their music is much better live.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

LOL at letting your partner go alone to see Major Lazer