Volto!

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said
@ Mog ^ Yup, I wager many fewer.  I know what you're getting at.  The thing is, the music is good.

As you know, I am into this genre of music regardless of Danny's participation, and John Z and Co are badasses, without a doubt.  I've seen John Z live and he kills.  Plus, he got me tix and a backstage pass to meet Danny in San Antonio, so I love him for that as well...

By the way, not sure if you saw my review, but dug the shit outta the Intronaut/STS show.  First time seeing STS, and I'll definitely go back.

Edit: Just saw RP's response, and I agree - all the better if it expands or introduces folks who otherwise wouldn't check it out.

@ RP - Mog will be Mog.  He's definitely mellowed with time, you must admit.  

Saw your review glad you enjoyed the show.  Shame you didn't get to see MOTA, they killed it.

As for Volto, I am not debating their talent.  They ARE very, very good.  At some point, when I am a little less disillusioned with all things Tool, I will probably buy the Volto album.  But I do REALLY wonder how many "fans" in the Tool community would pay any attention to this album if they were not aware that Danny Carey is behind the kit.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Mog of the Architect said 
But I do REALLY wonder how many "fans" in the Tool community would pay any attention to this album if they were not aware that Danny Carey is behind the kit.
Not much to wonder about really - the answer would be fuck all.  The point has already been made that Tool fans like bands with Tool members in it (and I don't think anyone disagrees with that generalisation), so this argument seems a little circular and pointless to me.

Let me be the first to put my hand in the air and say I only give a fuck because Danny is in it.  Jazz Fusion otherwise only has a passing interest to me.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

Let me be the first to put my hand in the air and say I only give a fuck because Danny is in it.  Jazz Fusion otherwise only has a passing interest to me.

^ Shocker.  TTF...Typical Tool Fan
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sorry to disappoint you Mog, but at least some of us are able to be honest with ourselves.  How much Jazz Fusion do you listen to outside of Volto! ?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm a tool fan and won't be listening to this album, ugh

Mog sure has a certain style of trying to create an argument out of the fucking bloody obvious

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
I'm a tool fan and won't be listening to this album, ugh

Mog sure has a certain style of trying to create an argument out of the fucking bloody obvious

Me too. I don't see the point.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Sorry to disappoint you Mog, but at least some of us are able to be honest with ourselves.  How much Jazz Fusion do you listen to outside of Volto! ?

I have been into Jazz for a long time. I imagine only Kittaan has me beat in that department around these parts.  As for Fusion as a sub-genre, while I do enjoy it, it is not in heavy rotation at the moment.

What amuses me the most about this though is the fanboi love.  There are MANY really good Jazz drummers out there.  You could remove DC from Volto and insert another drummer and very few of you TTFs would be any the wiser for it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

I have been into Jazz for a long time. I imagine only Kittaan has beat me in that department around these parts.  As for Fusion as a sub-genre, while I do enjoy it, it is not in heavy rotation at the moment.

What amuses me the most about this though is the fanboi love.  There are MANY really good Jazz drummers out there.  You could remove DC from Volto and insert another drummer and very few of you TTFs would be any the wiser for it.

Don't take the abusive relationship.

Get out now and find help.

Your life depends on it, my friend.

I know we talk shit around here but we're here to help dude.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

LOLz.  Took me a minute, but that was quality Cheezy.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

It's Sunday and raining.

Ironical, I know.

So I have hours upon hours of time at the computer to actually read posts 

and have fun.

haHA!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

ilikecheese said
Kittaan has beat me off

Really? Do tell. 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

hellboy1975 said

I have been into Jazz for a long time. I imagine only Kittaan has me beat in that department around these parts.  As for Fusion as a sub-genre, while I do enjoy it, it is not in heavy rotation at the moment.

Cool, so you're saying you're listening to it because DC is in it.  Understood loud and clear.

Thanks Captain Obvious.  Really, the fact that Tool fans like stuff with Tool in it you find surprising and amusing?  Do you also like America's Funniest Home Videos?

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Don't care what band Danny's playing in.  For 23 bones, I get a night out with my lover, to see our favorite drummer on a trip back to our old town in a small 400 max. capacity venue that I've never been to... he could show up with a pair of whoopie cushions and cover old country songs for all I care.  This sounds like a winning fucking evening for me.

Also, who gives a shit why or how someone discovers new/good music.  The fact remains that they found something decent to help them get through the day.  Fuck me for not having cared who meshuggah was until they opened for tool on the Lateralus tour or knowing who Jakob were until my mrs. moved to Oz.  What if I just discovered Hendrix yesterday?  Would/Should it matter to anyone else that someone on a tool forum, or otherwise, gave me that gift?

Just because I don't own a shit load of jazz records or know a ton of individual players (especially modern) doesn't mean I don't listen/enjoy that style of tunes on occasion or that I should not be able to go to a show of any kind and elaborate on my current taste in music.  Surely, it's still OK for me to think Ella Fitz is an angel even if I don't own her music and never saw her live, with tool.

I like old crooner tunes quite a bit too.  I own literally none of that style of music and am mostly only familiar with the major players of the time and genre, but that's mostly because no one from tool played in any of their backing bands.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

hellboy1975 said

I have been into Jizz for a long time. I imagine only Kittaan has me beat in that department around these parts.  As for Fusion as a sub-genre, while I do enjoy it, it is not in heavy rotation at the moment.

Cool, so you're saying you're listening to it because DC is in it.  Understood loud and clear.

Thanks Captain Obvious.  Really, the fact that Tool fans like stuff with Tool in it you find surprising and amusing?  Do you also like America's Funniest Home Videos?

?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said

I like old crooner tunes quite a bit too.  I own literally none of that style of music and am mostly only familiar with the major players of the time and genre, but that's mostly because no one from tool played in any of their backing bands.

Time to turn over your Tool fan card.

Paul D'Amour played rhythm guitar for Frank Sinatra.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

G

UndKeineEier said

petemasterpete said

Time to turn over your Tool fan card.

GODAMMIT!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineEier said

And he did it HIS way.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

Thanks Captain Obvious.  Really, the fact that Tool fans like stuff with Tool in it you find surprising and amusing?

Surprising?  Absolutely not.  Amusing?  Most certainly.  TTFs slobbering all over Tool side projects that mostly suck all kinds of cock is highly amusing.  But again, we are talking about TOOL fans.  The kind of people who drop 400 bucks on a VIP meet and greet.  The kind of people who ask Adam why it takes so long for Tool to release albums and thank Adam after he responds with..."Because we can"

TTFs...poor delusional souls
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy1975 said

Thanks Captain Obvious.  Really, the fact that Tool fans like stuff with Tool in it you find surprising and amusing?

Surprising?  Absolutely not.  Amusing?  Most certainly.  TTFs slobbering all over Tool side projects that mostly suck all kinds of cock is highly amusing.  But again, we are talking about TOOL fans.  The kind of people who drop 400 bucks on a VIP meet and greet.  The kind of people who ask Adam why it takes so long for Tool to release albums and thank Adam after he responds with..."Because we can"

TTFs...poor delusional souls

It was $500

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

WE ADDED MORE SHOWS!

For a complete list of dates and ticket information click here

Some of you who don't reside in southern California will no longer have to settle on dark youtube clips with poor audio quality to try to get the full Volto! experience. Yep, with one too many smart phones concealed behind the spud menu at a certain tiny L.A. jazz club escaping the doorman's watchful eye, after being honored to join the prestigious lineup for the quadraphonic YESTIVAL in Camden, New Jersey, the band have added shows at select venues on the East Coast and in the American Midwest. Yeah, okay, added by popular demand!  Either way, it's a good thing, and you might want to bring along a purple Sharpie to take notes.  Having access to a sleek tour coach equipped with a circa 1980s anti-matter reactor, tin putting cup, and a Kingsford-fueled Weber ranch kettle, these cities now include New York, Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Chicago (with a schedule that hardly leaves time for one band member to realize his lifelong dream of sneaking some ketchup curiosities into the Horeb Mustard Museum - but such are the rigors of a touring musician).  Not so fast, though - with your strange accents.  Before taking their unique style of ultra fusion eastward, Volto! will be celebrating two 'hometown' record release events - the first being a listening party at the SilverLake Chacha lounge on July 23 (home of the world's most eclectic vending machine), followed by a live performance on July 27 at the aforementioned world famous "Baked Potato" jazz club in Studio City (And don't even think about using that iPhone to...)

VOLTO!'s debut album, Inictare, is available for pre-order now on iTunes where it will be available as an early digital download on 7/23. http://smarturl.it/VOLTOincitare

Stay tuned for announcements of exclusive options to buy some deluxe items from the band including 180 gram vinyl, autographed products and other fun items.

July 23             Album Release Listening Party @ Cha Cha Lounge    Silverlake, CA
July 27             The Baked Potato                                                                  Studio City, CA
August 3         YEStival @ Susquehanna Bank Center,                           Camden, NJ
August 4         Highline Ballroom                                                                 New York, NY
August 5         Sinclair                                                                                      Boston, MA
August 6         Waiting Room                                                                         Buffalo, NY
August 7         Magic Bag                                                                                 Detroit, MI
August 8         Grog Shop                                                                                 Cleveland, OH
August 9         Celuxe @ Old National Centre                                            Indianapolis, IN
August 10       Lincoln Hall                                                                             Chicago, IL

http://www.VOLTOband.com
https://twitter.com/VOLTOband
https://www.facebook.com/VOLTOband

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

A Volto!/Puscifer tour would be flipping sweet.....

A couple of years down the line, of course
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
A Volto!/Puscifer tour would be flipping sweet.....

A couple of years down the line, of course

I'll down your line, you bastard.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

OR next year when Adam has to be home with his child.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Who would headline?
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Maynard and Danny should then start a side project together and start touring that around as well.

But what would it be like...?
Don't mow your lawn