Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by hellboy »

trampis wrote:I'm wondering if the set list will get cut back a few songs with Primus joining the bill.
The answer so far would appear to be no.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

One thing I don't understand: Blair or Junior posted somewhere prior to Monster Mash that the festival production would be different and no longer be a dumbed down version of the arena shows. I think one of the things cited for having different "shows" (for lack of better term) was safety and festivals were limited to what they could do.

This tour is the exact same production as Tempe/Phoenix, minus the lasers which the city said no to though, and side screens that are I believe owned by the festival/promotors.

Was expecting something different. The higher def back LED screen is nice but I do think (just my opinion) the 2010-2012 was their best production. 2014 had a few too many screens IMHO.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think the term "different" was more a reference to the technical setup, rather than the end result. Junior went on to say that the refinement was mostly on the back end, and that any significant change to the stage probably won't happen until the new album tour.

That said, from what I can see from various Youtube clips about the place, there seem to be a few, albeit minor difference between the Monster Mash show and the current tour. I think they're starting to use the heptagram(?) as a central focus in a better way for example.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yes, the heptagram had more focus on it- they shined the lasers on it numerous times to give it a bit of 3D effect. Although maybe someone who had a more straight-on sight line to it can chime in. I was more off to the side last night. Also the LED side screens were replaced with banners using projection. Sometimes it looked really good, other times the LED screen was quite a bit brighter than the banners making it look "odd". Pretty sure that was not done on purpose.

Anyways, was a lot better looking in an arena with lasers then the festival.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

Anyone know how much the drum heads with Adam's art are selling for?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I think AK-Rev said $350.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

$3,000.00 signed. Don't know if I saw one in SD that wasn't signed- didn't visit all the booths either, just stopped at the one or two on way to beer/my seat...

brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

im going to leave this right here
in the words of deion sanders, "it must be the money"
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck THAT shit!!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'd buy that for 3,499 dollars.
Don't mow your lawn
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

blatant, shameless, money grab
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The prices are a bit silly I reckon, but if people are wealthy enough to buy them then good luck to 'em I guess.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

If I was filthy rich would love a rec room with musical memorabilia from my favorite artistes. And an air hockey table. And a stripper pole. And strippers.

Seriously though that would suck buying that and have to carry it around all night, lol. I'd imagine they ship it to you so one doesn't get mugged.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I imagine they'd hold it for you if you wanted them to, for 3500 bucks they'd fucking better.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

for 3500 I'd expect a blowjob as well
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

What you don't see in that picture is that there's a fleshlight taped to the other side of the cymbal.
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Krazy_blah wrote:If I was filthy rich would love a rec room with musical memorabilia from my favorite artistes. And an air hockey table. And a stripper pole. And strippers.

Seriously though that would suck buying that and have to carry it around all night, lol. I'd imagine they ship it to you so one doesn't get mugged.

The guy that bought it is shopping for a case so he can fly home to Boston with it.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

I only see DC signature on that $3500 head. Must be signed on the other side by full band. Still a lot of pizza dough though.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^So how much would people pay these days for the signed Lateralus vinyls released back in 2005...???

And how much would it cost to buy a cymbal like that on its own? Surely that is a lot of the cost here. All 4 band members signing posters are $150 each so these cymbals are obviously not cheap. Wow.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My guess is that the DC cymbal would be similar in price to the Stuart Copeland Signature Blue Bell Ride, which is RRP USD$850 from what I can tell.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's really fucking steep, but I can still see the markup. It's a musical instrument (and not an especially cheap one) that was actually used by one of the best drummers ever during an entire performance, and then signed by the entire band. I wouldn't buy it, but I get it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I assume part of the band's intent pricing it that high is to avoid resale. If you buy something like that looking to gouge even more from a fan later, you stand the risk of getting stuck with it.

No fucking way I'd pay anything near that. But I agree with Joey as well. It's got some inherent value for sure.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I really really dig how this sounds. Can't imagine how it would fit into a 15 minute song though, but we'll see.
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan wrote:I assume part of the band's intent pricing it that high is to avoid resale. If you buy something like that looking to gouge even more from a fan later, you stand the risk of getting stuck with it.

No fucking way I'd pay anything near that. But I agree with Joey as well. It's got some inherent value for sure.
That's also me in my present situation saying that. If I made into the 6-figures every year? I might buy that on a whim.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

joeypants wrote:It's really fucking steep, but I can still see the markup. It's a musical instrument (and not an especially cheap one) that was actually used by one of the best drummers ever during an entire performance, and then signed by the entire band. I wouldn't buy it, but I get it.
supply and demand.. It is a rare item. I cant buy one everywhere. If i see one at a show that literally might be my only opportunity to ever purchase that item. Not to mention there only might be 10-20 in the world. I personally wouldnt buy one because i cant justify buying it myself, but i dont think its too high. its just too high for my blood.