Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by nxrm »

bigboy55693 wrote:As a side note, is the curve ball rumor still out there?
It appears to be the upcoming release of the Opiate video Adam talked about in the Arizona VIP event.
bigboy55693 wrote:If so, my thought is that given how "non-conformist" the band has been over the years, and given how this band is no longer contractually obligated to tour or release an album, the band will release the album and never tour on it.
That would be the first time anyone has ever done something like that that I've heard of, and definitely a curve ball.
REM never toured their final album (but they disbanded). I know I've heard of a few other bands in the past that have released albums and never toured, at least right away. It would be strange not to though.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

nousername wrote:It is interesting that all the listed shows say that the show time starts at 7:30pm. Since most Sports Arenas have an 11pm curfew, I wonder how long bands will be playing. Opener will prob be 30 mins, so Primus would start at like 8:20-8:30. Think they should get at least an hour, but seems not likely if Tool would have an (at least) 90 minute show. Doubt Tool will play less than that for a non-festivasl headline show. For The last two San Francisco runs the opener (Jello Biafra in '10 and Failure in '14) Started 20 minutes before the scheduled show time. So who knows.
I guarantee they'll adjust show times if there are any curfews: it's definitely happened in the past.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If I recall correctly A Perfect Circle didn't properly tour eMotive until 2013 or whatever.
Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Uh, isn't the band contractually obligated to release at least one more album?

And yeah, for like SD, the $81 + fees for a ticket seems a bit of a butt-rape. Not as nice as the $35ish + fees to see 'em last time in SD. Meh.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop wrote:Uh, isn't the band contractually obligated to release at least one more album?
I believe so, but there's no reason it couldn't be a live or greatest hits album should it come to that.
trampis
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trampis »

I plan on taking my son to the show in Grand Prairie for his first big concert. We're both excited that Primus will be playing too!

If anyone else plans on getting tickets to that show and happens to snag some row A for the 400 section please contact me.

Those seats would be great for me and the little guy. If I get closer seats I'd be willing to trade.

We'll see how Friday goes. It's going to be an intense 10 minutes.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

nousername wrote:It is interesting that all the listed shows say that the show time starts at 7:30pm. Since most Sports Arenas have an 11pm curfew, I wonder how long bands will be playing. Opener will prob be 30 mins, so Primus would start at like 8:20-8:30. Think they should get at least an hour, but seems not likely if Tool would have an (at least) 90 minute show. Doubt Tool will play less than that for a non-festivasl headline show. For The last two San Francisco runs the opener (Jello Biafra in '10 and Failure in '14) Started 20 minutes before the scheduled show time. So who knows.
I'm guessing it'll be something like this..
3Teeth - 7:30-8:00
Primus - 8:15-9:00
Tool - 9:15-10:45
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

According to BKGG's Toolarmy page it looks like VIPs will be happening:

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

wow when did they release this news?! earlier today?! holy moses. it's pudding time.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Damnit!! They have to tease me with VIP. I did it in 2014 and I thought it was totally worth it but man do I want to drop another $500!! Hahahaha. I do have a credit card and you only live once and can die any day. Hmmmmmm. Haha can't believe I am thinking about it.

Edit: maybe if I can only get shit seats then I will pay $500. Stubhub has scalper ticket from $200 to $1000 a ticket. VIP I get to see the sound check and get some free shit(that I never really use) and front row tickets for $500.
Last edited by the chill on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

SD Tool concert map shows a VIP in sec R. Weird, or not?...

Last edited by hellboy on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fix pic
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

$500 presuming it includes a decent ticket isn't a bad deal. Nothing about a Q&A in that pic though, but I expect there would be one for the price.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:SD Tool concert map shows a VIP in sec R. Weird, or not?...
To me it looks like a generic seating plan - I don't think any tickets will be behind the stage for a start.

Section R would only really make sense if the floor were GA though.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Krazy- that is the always VIP seating that that venue has.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

the chill wrote:Krazy- that is the always VIP seating that that venue has.
Got it, thanks. Aiming for the SD show- hoping to get something decent in the lower bowl not too close to the stage but not all the way in back either. ::crosses_fingers:: I'm already sick of winter so a couple days out there would be nice, just like Phoenix.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:it's pudding time.

Pudding. Yes. Pudding always fills me with hope.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Looks like a San Diego trip! Crossing fingers come TM day! Lol, always a nerve racking feeling getting these damn tickets, even worse when you get something that's "ok" and start thinking "wonder if I can get something better?", obviously best when your seats pop up and your like "fuck yeah!!"
arbutron
Maynard Believer

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by arbutron »

Update - 2nd half of early 2016 dates - Last show of first half is on 1/26, as is Failure's last AUS date. Primus is replaced by Failure in early Feb after a 2 week break. 3Teeth stays on for the duration.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Where did you read this?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Right here, if you just scroll up a little bit you can read it here too.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

All mention of those VIP packages announced earlier today have vanished from Toolband.com and the offical Tool Facebook page. I wonder if they're updating the information or if it has anything to do with the Facebook comments (they weren't pretty).

edit: for those who may have missed it -

TOOL VIP PACKS FOR TOOLARMY MEMBERS
As a salute to our distinguished Collective, there will be a VIP TICKET SALE available EXCLUSIVELY to TOOLARMY MEMBERS on this THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19 at 12:00 PM PST for the shows listed below. Please keep in mind that there are VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES of these much in demand VIP PACKS, so be ready to REAP THE BENEFITS of your MEMBERSHIP at 12:00 PM (PST) tomorrow (THURSDAY, NOV. 19).
HOW TO PURCHASE: TOOLARMY MEMBERS need to LOG IN to the TOOLARMY WEBSITE and go to the SHOPPING BAZAAR and CLICK on “TOOL SPECIALTY.”
(NOTE: Purchase LIMIT of 2 TICKETS per person.)
Saturday, January 9 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
Wednesday, January 13 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
Saturday, January 16 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
Sunday, January 17 - Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre
Tuesday, January 19 - Southaven, MS @ Landers Center
Saturday, January 23 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
Monday, January 25 - Atlanta, GA @ Infinite Energy Center
Tuesday, January 26 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Coliseum
TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE CONTENTS:
- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
- Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
- Early entry into the venue
- Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
- One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
- Tool's tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
- Photo opportunity
- Light refreshments
*Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members./
DISCLAIMER/RESTRICTION terms will be posted in the webstore, along with purchase details and other related information.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Strange, it was there not long ago. I imagine there's something incorrect on it and they're going to update it.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

If I had to guess, the price was wrong. $499?

They probably meant $49.99.
I like to poop naked.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:Strange, it was there not long ago. I imagine there's something incorrect on it and they're going to update it.
You are correct! They updated the on-sale time along with more information on how to purchase them tomorrow.

TOOL VIP PACKS WITH UPDATED ON-SALE TIME

TOOL VIP PACKS FOR TOOLARMY MEMBERS
As a salute to our distinguished Collective, there will be a VIP TICKET SALE available EXCLUSIVELY to TOOLARMY MEMBERS on this THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19 at 2:00 PM PST. Please keep in mind that there are VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES of these much in demand VIP PACKS, so be ready to REAP THE BENEFITS of your MEMBERSHIP at 2:00 PM (PST) tomorrow (THURSDAY, NOV. 19).

HOW TO PURCHASE: TOOLARMY MEMBERS need to LOG IN to the TOOLARMY WEBSITE and go to the SHOPPING BAZAAR and CLICK on "TOOL SPECIALTY."
(NOTE: Purchase LIMIT of 2 TICKETS per person.)

TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE CONTENTS:
- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
- Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
- Early entry into the venue
- Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
- One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
- Tool's tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
- Photo opportunity
- Light refreshments
*Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members.

DISCLAIMER/RESTRICTION terms will be posted in the webstore, along with purchase details and other related information.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Minus securing a good seat, VIP sounds like a massive rip-off, especially when they're not gonna answer questions about the new album. How many times can you listen to Adam talk about the same bullshit? Anyways, here's the links, purchase at your own risk.

San Diego - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=226
San Antonio - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=229
Tulsa - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=223
Grand Prairie - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=230
Southaven - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=224
Nashville - https://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=222
Atlanta - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=232
Charlotte - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=227