Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by nxrm »

Yay! Another chance to get shafted out of tickets! Woo Hoo!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I do like how they (whether it be the band or ticketmaster or the arena) announced it AFTER the other show went on sale and everyone was all in super-crazy-i'll-suck-a-dick-for-a-ticket mindset.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Apparently they sold out the ATT Center here in less than 10 minutes. That's crazy.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

At this point is it really crazy though? These guys are shrewd businessmen and I"m sure they've surrounded themselves with others who know just how passionate their fanbase can be with live-concert ticket-buying stuff.
I like to poop naked.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

So I'm trying to go to the SD show as well. Was dissapointed as fuck when I couldn't get tickets this morning, but now that there are two shows I'm sure I'll get some for one of them.

Any tips for a newbie has-been like myself? I'm aiming for floor seats, but I also have a budget ( :cry: ). Are stadium seats worth it? Not sure if I want to drive for 8 hours for shitty seats and a shitty view.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

^Just be in the venue dude (or dudette).
I like to poop naked.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

wow there are some whole rows on the floor in Nashville on stub hub. Floor 1 Section 1 Row 4 (presumably right behind the VIP) $1000 a seat. at $500 you can get their early for the sound check, get a t-shirt and poster, and meet someone for the band.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

markuspoop wrote:^Just be in the venue dude (or dudette).
This! That SD venue isn't great (especially in the higher "bench seats"), but you're going to have a great time if you get in.

An 8 hour drive though! You're much more dedicated than I am. I'm on the fence because my drive is about 3 hours.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

6 hrs to Nashville or 7 to Charlotte? Or pass...advice
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You know, this whole ticketmaster and stubhubb bullshit has me thinking that for those who can afford it, the $500 VIP is actually a smart idea.
Hey! Denty!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Ravenpig wrote:You know, this whole ticketmaster and stubhubb bullshit has me thinking that for those who can afford it, the $500 VIP is actually a smart idea.
If it comes with a ticket in a good spot I would agree! The Tempe rehearsal was worth $500 by itself.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

markuspoop wrote:^Just be in the venue dude (or dudette).
Haha, well if you insist! It all depends on if I can get tickets from ticketmaster. I'm not financially comfortable enough to go through stubhub. :P
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

If I didn't have to work would contemplate being at the venue in SD as well! Had people looking for me, one in cali, colorado, tucson az., 3 in phx and we all came up empty handed! Guess we'll try again! But thanks to everyone about tips getting tickets, I have had the same experience getting good seats by checking all the time and randomly something would pop up (have had this for single and couple tickets, this time i need more..anybody here have the same luck for 4tix?). So tomorrow we strike again! Good luck everyone!
spiralout462
Maynard Believer

Post by spiralout462 »

lachrymologist wrote:6 hrs to Nashville or 7 to Charlotte? Or pass...advice
I'm 13 to Nashville and 7 1/2 from Charlotte. I'm banking on some Mid-Atlantic dates announced in the near future! Otherwise I'll be scrambling on January 25th. :lol:
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Well I don't think it's any surprise that more shows are going to be added but this confirmation comes from the Primus newsletter.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So does that mean Primus has their version of Blair?
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:So does that mean Primus has their version of Blair?
Yep. And unsurprisingly, he sucks.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You gonna try to get tickets today? If so good luck!
Hey! Denty!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I am going to try again! Tool playing twice in San Diego just 30 mins away from me of course I have to go to both shows. Was kind of in a panic yesterday when I couldn't get tickets off of TM. So I bought scalper tickets $195 a piece but they are exactly where I wanted to be sitting. Section A row 11. Just a heads up the lower section seats start at row 6 for some reason. I have never sat right behind the sound board at a Tool show. Very excited to right in the middle and have the sound hit me straight on. Both tickets where $500 total and it hurt a little to pay that much but again happy to get those seats.

This second show I don't care where I sit as long as I get tickets at face value, lol!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

I'm there second night! Sec. D row 12! Hell yeah! Night! (Work 7p-7a I'm spent! )
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Screwed again. I was right there as the clock ticked to 10:00am. Sad.

Looking for a single for both nights.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yup. Clock turned to 0 for me and it was sold out in like 30 seconds.

Bit the bullet and bought Stubhub tickets for the first night. Fuck it, happy with the seats and don't feel like going to TM 500 times a day in hopes of getting lucky or scrounging for tickets at the last moment.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan wrote:Screwed again. I was right there as the clock ticked to 10:00am. Sad.

Looking for a single for both nights.
Do you ever pop into the Tool subreddit? There's people there from time to time selling tickets for face value. Someone is there right now selling a pair of San Diego tickets.
Hey! Denty!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I was lucky enough to get tickets this morning at 10:20 for the second San Diego show. Very excited to see them 2 days in a row. Saw them 2 days in a row in 2014 but had to drive from Vegas to San Diego, haha. Got scalper tickets for the 9th and lucky enough to get TM tickets for the 10th. The Tool fan struggle is real, lol jk.
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

Contacted 3Teeth through their facebook page, asked them if they could say when they would be announcing the second half of their tour and if they would be solo or opening up for Tool and Primus. They replied that they WILL be opening for "those shows" as well but obviously cannot say when and where these shows will be. They also said the announcement should be soon as expected.