Tool North American Fall Tour 2019 (with Killing Joke)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Tool North American Fall Tour 2019 (with Killing Joke)

Post by Kittaan »

And so it begins...

I was never going to a festival, but I tried for Denver tix. No luck, but that was a bit ambitious anyway.

Hitting both LA gigs and SO looking forward to it. Hope to finally meet Norm and some other folks while I’m down there. Let me know if there’s a meetup.

Definitely going to say hi to Junior as I’m on the floor Sunday. Maybe he’ll save me a setlist... he’s been very cool to me on past gigs.

Also looking for a great long hike in the LA area for Monday.
Ki77aan :twisted:
tompie
My pain is just an excuse

Post by tompie »

Good luck to everyone going to these. Taking a reddit/fourth eye break until the second Toronto show. Will be #4 for me, hoping for a deep cut I haven't heard yet.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Have a great time all! Enjoy the show/s!!
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:25 am And so it begins...

I was never going to a festival, but I tried for Denver tix. No luck, but that was a bit ambitious anyway.

Hitting both LA gigs and SO looking forward to it. Hope to finally meet Norm and some other folks while I’m down there. Let me know if there’s a meetup.

Definitely going to say hi to Junior as I’m on the floor Sunday. Maybe he’ll save me a setlist... he’s been very cool to me on past gigs.

Also looking for a great long hike in the LA area for Monday.
I don't know about any official meet up yet, but both Chill and Lachrymologist are supposed to be in town, so we should definitely figure something out. Anyone else out there is welcome to join as well. I'll post any updates here.

As for LA area hiking, this is my favorite spot (a bit north of LA):

1. Sandstone Peak - approximately 6.5 mile loop trail in the heart of the Santa Monica mountains. Getting to the trailhead is a bit of a drive, but it's a great hike. On a clear day the view of the ocean and the Channel Islands is spectacular. Watch out for ticks, rattlesnakes, poison oak, and mountain lion (I've never seen one of these though). The trail should be fairly quiet on a weekday too.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Just saw my auto-pay went through for my fourth eye membership and I just want to give huge props to Matt for keeping this place civil and running all these years. Cheers!
“Casual Fan”
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Norm - that sounds like a great hike, thanks man. Looking forward to buying you and the boys a beer. Cheers.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Denver poster

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Sorry for the late announcement but I will be hosting a TOOL PRE CONCERT PARTY @THE YARDHOUSE next to staples center on Sunday October 20th. I plan on buying A LOT of appetizers for EVERYONE from the community to enjoy. I will be there around 2, just ask them where the TOOL birthday group is.

Yes, Sunday is my birthday
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Happy Birthday Lachrymologist! Hope you have an awesome day.
I'll be sending your Bday present at the end of November!
Professor of Lesbian Science
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:54 pm Sorry for the late announcement but I will be hosting a TOOL PRE CONCERT PARTY @THE YARDHOUSE next to staples center on Sunday October 20th. I plan on buying A LOT of appetizers for EVERYONE from the community to enjoy. I will be there around 2, just ask them where the TOOL birthday group is.

Will definitely be there! \m/
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Me too. Happy Early BD Matt!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am
lachrymologist wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:54 pm Sorry for the late announcement but I will be hosting a TOOL PRE CONCERT PARTY @THE YARDHOUSE next to staples center on Sunday October 20th. I plan on buying A LOT of appetizers for EVERYONE from the community to enjoy. I will be there around 2, just ask them where the TOOL birthday group is.

Will definitely be there! \m/
damn sounds like a great time. Have a great birthday! Thats awesome you are putting that on!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Hmmm... I'll see if I can make it too! That's awesome, I've been silent on the boards here for a while but I jump in time to time to see what's happening. Going to both LA dates and Az., would be cool to meet some of ya FE peeps!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

More the merrier
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Very nice hang with several FE/TA/Reddit peeps before the show. Amazing first night in LA, despite the setlist complaints. We got the exact same set as you’d expect, and they will likely swap Intolerance for Part of Me tomorrow night.

Still hoping for 7empest or at least Descending, but I know it’s not going to happen.

I don’t give a fuck because they are having fun and killing it. The visuals and lights were unbelievable. Hope you get over that bug soon Junior!

Joe B was there too, Norm even shook his hand!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:34 pm The visuals and lights were unbelievable. Hope you get over that bug soon Junior!

Joe B was there too, Norm even shook his hand!
Thanks.

Yeah, was good to see Joe.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

How were Killing Joke?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

thekillingjoke wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:46 am How were Killing Joke?
I really enjoyed Killing Joke. Their live sound was huge.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Just so much fun these last two days.

First, Tool put on two amazing shows in Los Angeles. The guys are dialed in, having fun, and performing at an epic level.

The new and old visuals/videos that have been reworked for this tour are outstanding, and what Junior does with the lights throughout the show is just spectacular (Pneuma in particular). Bravo man.

As Kittaan mentioned, I did get to say hello and shake hands with Joe Barresi during the intermission of night one. A very nice guy.

The icing on this Tool cake has definitely been hanging out and meeting some awesome people: RedPulse (from r/ToolBand), lachrymologist, AZbay (and friends), Kittaan, The Chill, purplepanther777, and last but not least...the one and only marcuspoop. Poster hunting, talking about past Tool shows, reminiscing about the good old days of ToolArmy, running into each other before/during/after the shows, and just bonding over our love for this band. A sincere thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to connect in the real world. You all rock! :D

I also wanted to share something The Chill said the night of the first show (I'm paraphrasing here): "Isn't it awesome that some dude in Australia made a website where we get to talk about this band, and then actually get to meet and hang out." Hear! Hear! Hellboy, really can't thank you enough for Fourtheye. Sincerely.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 am
I also wanted to share something The Chill said the night of the first show (I'm paraphrasing here): "Isn't it awesome that some dude in Australia made a website where we get to talk about this band, and then actually get to meet and hang out." Hear! Hear! Hellboy, really can't thank you enough for Fourtheye. Sincerely.
I'm glad the message has been spread far and wide. My intention is to get to an LA Tool gig one day, so hopefully I can be part of the reunion in the future.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Oh hell yes. HB in LA (and SF) needs to happen.

It was great meeting these guys and putting names to faces. One of my favorite memories is of Panther777’s girlfriend visibly cringing at some obscure FE reference. So hilarious.

Despite the obvious setlist gripes, I’d go see them again On this tour in a heartbeat.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Yes it is such an awesome experience getting to meet faces from the names we know in here! Can't wait till the next time guys!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 pm I'm glad the message has been spread far and wide. My intention is to get to an LA Tool gig one day, so hopefully I can be part of the reunion in the future.
That would be awesome indeed.
Kittaan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:33 pm Despite the obvious setlist gripes, I’d go see them again On this tour in a heartbeat.
Agreed. I was bummed I didn't have another one to go to last night. :D
azbay wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:45 pm Yes it is such an awesome experience getting to meet faces from the names we know in here! Can't wait till the next time guys!
\m/
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

That sounds like such fun guys and enough to keep your setlist complaints at bay. I still think TooLs choices have been poorly made though.

I've been fortunate enough to have met up with several 4theye participants over the last few years and to a man (and some partners) they have all been really cool people. The internet gets a bad rap sometimes. It can be a way of connecting with people you wouldn't have normally met. It just depends how you use it.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:30 am
thekillingjoke wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:46 am How were Killing Joke?
I really enjoyed Killing Joke. Their live sound was huge.
I have to admit, I was not looking forward to seeing them much... and after hearing their first song that first night in LA, I didn't give them much of a chance, just walked around the arena concessions area, giving them half an ear. But the second night, I decided to give them my attention and really dug them. They are not on a level with Tool, imo, in terms of songwriting and musicianship, but they were entertaining and really pumped up the crowd. Very high energy and I'll give their albums a chance now. Glad I didn't completely blow them off.