2022 North America & Europe Tour

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Takeo
Has been

Re: 2022 North America & Europe Tour

Post by Takeo »

Nothing new in Phoenix. CCTrip is awful.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

:lol:

The second night in Sydney during CCTrip I had some very salty commentary from the guys behind which was hilarious.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I kinda liked CCtrip. Trippy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

nxrm wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:13 pm ^I remember reading the reviews from their 2020 shows in Australia from you and others here, and being envious of the alternating nights with Descending and 7empest. Felt the same way you do right now. :)

If I remember correctly there were plans for shows in Sacramento and San Francisco in June of 2020. I was thinking about going to those shows, hoping to finally hear Descending and 7empest. So it goes...

I hope everything stays on track this time around and they get to finish out this tour in the US and Europe, and that it doesn't take too long for them to get back to you guys.
Cheers bruv, swings and roundabouts hey, from being stoked to seeing em live to being jealous. Mainly just happy to see they are still touring and from all reports killing it. Jealous as it may make us reading about it, it's great youre all getting a chance to catch em and enjoying the shit out of it. 7empest should make an appearance soon enough too hopefully.
Listen to All Them Witches
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Anyone else think it's strange that they haven't dropped 7empest yet on this tour run, considering they've played it during soundcheck a few times, based on a few reports...

It must be nice to hear The Grudge followed by Eon Blue Apocalypse and The Patient - gearing up for a possible Lateralus full album show perhaps? :P
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

When purchasing a poster, do they give you any type of tube, sleeve or rubber bands? If not, do they allow you to bring any in? In 2019, they had a merch table set up before getting your ticket scanned in which allowed me to take it to my car right after. Anything like that? I realize these are probably venue-specific questions but I’d like to hear how things have went this tour. Thanks.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

In SF, no tubes allowed in. They gave out a thin clear sleeve at the merch booth, which worked fine.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

UNDERTOW added to the setlist tonight in Detroit!!!

First time since 2002.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Merkaba wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:16 pm UNDERTOW added to the setlist tonight in Detroit!!!

First time since 2002.
I thought it had been a while.
20 years is a while.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

junior wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:23 pm
Merkaba wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:16 pm UNDERTOW added to the setlist tonight in Detroit!!!

First time since 2002.
20 years is a while.
Dang! Pulling out all the stops this tour. Junior do you get excited to play around with a song you haven’t done in a long time?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Holy shit, sounds great!
Canned audience laughter
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:44 am
Woah. That really sounded phenomenal. They’re really are at the top of their game for this tour.

Thanks for sharing the footage. 🙏🏽
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:04 pm

First time since 2002.
20 years is a while.
Dang! Pulling out all the stops this tour. Junior do you get excited to play around with a song you haven’t done in a long time?
It’s mostly about trying to remember how it goes, and all that. It came together fairly quickly, between them deciding to play it and then putting it into the show.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

junior wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:20 am

20 years is a while.
It’s mostly about trying to remember how it goes, and all that. It came together fairly quickly, between them deciding to play it and then putting it into the show.
That makes sense. So will you listen to the song a few times to get it down, or it’s a play along with sound check thing? Also, can’t wait to see your work Thursday in Chicago! Heard nothing but great reviews of this tour, keep up the always stellar work!
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Not the right thread but I would hate to see a ticket go waste. Chicago section 307 row 1 seat 1. Great ticket but I don't have my vax card. Paid $97...will take $70
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 pm
junior wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:20 am

That makes sense. So will you listen to the song a few times to get it down, or it’s a play along with sound check thing? Also, can’t wait to see your work Thursday in Chicago! Heard nothing but great reviews of this tour, keep up the always stellar work!
It varies. For “Undertow” I heard them play it in soundcheck a few times, and mostly remembered how it went.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m wondering why they whipped out Undertow for one gig and skipped it for the next two. Odd, right? Let’s see if it comes back…
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pure speculation but they seem to whip out a chestnut for events, Eulogy for when that dude from Audioslave necked himself, Undertow when that dude from the FSB invaded that country etc
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

tys0n wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:49 am Pure speculation but they seem to whip out a chestnut for events, Eulogy for when that dude from Audioslave necked himself, Undertow when that dude from the FSB invaded that country etc
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Great. Now I’m depressed…. Nobody liked my Putin Undertow pic…. :oops:
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

AHH we are getting so close to the Moline show. We made it out to vegas in Jan, but this is our hometown show and we have VIP so LET'S GO!

@junior Thanks for all your posts here, it is really interesting to read everything you post. I work for a local TV station doing IT, and we just recently put in a new SSL Audio mixer to tie into our Ross Automation. I work in IT, so i rarely get to even interact with the audio/video equipment that much but since this uses Dante, i am not brought into the mix... (haha). Do you guys use Audio over IP? Do you guys use any automation similar to Ross Overdrive, or Sony ELC live?

As i was watching the show in Vegas i was really thinking about how all of that works together. I would love to be a fly on the wall watching you guys all day, very interesting stuff!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

MobileVortex wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 am AHH we are getting so close to the Moline show. We made it out to vegas in Jan, but this is our hometown show and we have VIP so LET'S GO!

@junior Thanks for all your posts here, it is really interesting to read everything you post. I work for a local TV station doing IT, and we just recently put in a new SSL Audio mixer to tie into our Ross Automation. I work in IT, so i rarely get to even interact with the audio/video equipment that much but since this uses Dante, i am not brought into the mix... (haha). Do you guys use Audio over IP? Do you guys use any automation similar to Ross Overdrive, or Sony ELC live?

As i was watching the show in Vegas i was really thinking about how all of that works together. I would love to be a fly on the wall watching you guys all day, very interesting stuff!
I don't pay that close of attention to the audio department, but they use an analogue MIDAS XL4 that was built in the 90's for the FOH mix, so I don't think there's much of anything in the way of IP and automation. The monitor engineer has a newer digital console, though.
There's probably some higher tech stuff going on with the system processors for the amp racks and whatnot, but I really don't know.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

ziggy23 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:05 am
Nice recovery Adam around the 1.15 mark. Sounds like he got a bit ahead of himself. Awesome to see this back in the mix again.
Listen to All Them Witches