of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

just general thoughts on the show will do
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

dickleiper said

without giving away too much detail or any spoilers (saving myself for Auckland shows) anyone who went to either of the Melbourne show care to comment on the shows or theie experience??

I asked Pete for a spoiler free review the other day.  He told me that I wouldn't be disappointed, and that it's not as bad as some would make it out to be (not that I've read any reviews personally, so I don't know how many, if any are complaining).  Sounds like the crowd control police were out in full force in Melbourne though.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

badkittygothgirl said
I can't imagine that someone could comment on the show w/out giving spoilers, but good luck.

I'd start by trying a little ambiguity then see where that takes me.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

I asked Pete for a spoiler free review the other day.  He told me that I wouldn't be disappointed, and that it's not as bad as some would make it out to be (not that I've read any reviews personally, so I don't know how many, if any are complaining).  Sounds like the crowd control police were out in full force in Melbourne though.

thanks HB, appreciate that. will be interesting to see what the complaints are, i'll have to wait another week or so to find out i guess
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Avoiding setlists but can anyone please let me know if there was at least a song or 2 mix up between nights in Melbourne?? As in I don't wanna know the songs, just nice to know if they tinkered with the set is all? Cheers
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

[spoiler]1 song mixup[/spoiler]
Busty McCracken

^ As confident as I am that a piss take more than a spoiler lies beneath it, I'm still not touching that fucker.. 
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Telling you what you want to know is a spoiler for some though
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Busty McCracken said
^ As confident as I am that a piss take more than a spoiler lies beneath it, I'm still not touching that fucker.. 

It's nothing that will spoil anything for you Busty... seriously. Tyson provided exactly what you asked for.
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken said
Avoiding setlists but can anyone please let me know if there was at least a song or 2 mix up between nights in Melbourne?? As in I don't wanna know the songs, just nice to know if they tinkered with the set is all? Cheers

Here's a reliable spoiler that answers your question and mentions no song names:

[spoiler]Pete told me that one song was changed from night 1 to night 2[/spoiler]
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

People really think I would spoil it for them?

I'm a cunt, but not an utter cunt
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
People really think I would spoil it for them?

I'm a cunt, but not an utter cunt

Trust is a hard commodity to come by in these crazy times.  In order to show solidarity though I manned up and clicked your spoiler.  Thanks for your honesty and respect for those trying to hold out.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

CONFIRMED

Jakob
We are very happy to announce that we will be supporting TOOL on their two Auckland shows at Vector Arena next week, May 8 & 9. We will be on stage at 7:30pm so get there early!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Been reading JC's twitter, pretty surprised they didn't play The Grudge in Melbourne considering how much he's been teasing it on there.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Gwarden said
Been reading JC's twitter, pretty surprised they didn't play The Grudge in Melbourne considering how much he's been teasing it on there.

honestly, for everyone else's sake I'd be glad to see that happen... as for my own sake, I hope to hell they don't cuz I will miss it
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

L ū į s À n g ę l ‏@Lucho1416 22 Apr
@JustinC_Tool come ooooon at least tell me if one of these: [spoiler]the grudge , reflection or thid eye?[/spoiler]

Expand

Justin Chancellor ‏@JustinC_Tool 22 Apr
You got one of those right

[spoiler]Come on 3rd eye Sydney second show[/spoiler]
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I didn't know Justin had a twitter account.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Tyson said

L ū į s À n g ę l ‏@Lucho1416 22 Apr
@JustinC_Tool come ooooon at least tell me if one of these: [spoiler]the grudge , reflection or thid eye?[/spoiler]

Expand

Justin Chancellor ‏@JustinC_Tool 22 Apr
You got one of those right

[spoiler]Come on 3rd eye Sydney second show[/spoiler]

[spoiler]show started with a heartbeat[/spoiler]
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

The other clue on twitter was "You shouldnt hold these"
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Someone on Whirlpool.au has posted about the VIP experience. The whole thing is worth a read, but one part stood out to me as confirmation I suppose of what a lot of people already suspected - during the Q+A with Adam:

Someone asked how setlists are chosen, without hesitation...the response: "Maynard. Maynard chooses the set. It's whatever he thinks he can manage."

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 53405&p=14
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I wouldn't read too much into that Twitter account.  It's legitimacy is questionable.
Don't mow your lawn
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Maybe someone should ask Adam at the Q+A.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Gwarden said
Someone on Whirlpool.au has posted about the VIP experience. The whole thing is worth a read, but one part stood out to me as confirmation I suppose of what a lot of people already suspected - during the Q+A with Adam:

Someone asked how setlists are chosen, without hesitation...the response: "Maynard. Maynard chooses the set. It's whatever he thinks he can manage."

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 53405&p=14

I wonder if he paid for the second VIP session he was invited too

Busty McCracken

Nah was pretty confident you wouldn't spoil anything, thinking at worst it'd be a smartarse link.. main thing that stopped me clicking was there was no context. You didn't write anything but 'spoiler' so for all i knew it wasnt written for me.. 

Cheers for the info 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The twitter account for Justin C is definitely questionable, though Maynard did tweet to it earlier today.