General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by ilikecheese »

^2nd
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

For reals! Still waiting to hear from TA to make sure my vip passes that i had to buy separately from the presale are seats together! From the sound of it I would've been better off buying them during the public sale on TB
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Yes
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I resemble that remark
Hey! Denty!
frikinelmo
My pain is just an excuse

Post by frikinelmo »

Ravenpig wrote:I have no doubt they can sell it out, but it'd be insane if they sold out an NBA arena in one day
It looks like my suspicions were correct. They sold out yesterday morning and then opened up some seating in the upper deck surrounding the stage.

Per the Toyota Center's FB.
We completely understand your frustration with this morning’s high demand on sale. After the immediate sell out this morning we worked with the tour to release additional seats. These seats are in the upper bowl on the side of the stage, we encourage you to check back for availability at http://www.HoustonToyotaCenter.com.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Holy shit that's impressive
Hey! Denty!
madson4562
Maynard Believer

Post by madson4562 »

Was able to get 2 Cedar Parks tickets without too much trouble, although it reminds me exactly why I hate TicketBastard so much. I had a friend on another computer who was nice enough to help search for tickets even though he's not going, just to help me increase my chances of getting a pair. I could see his screen from where I was sitting, so I know without a doubt that I only got my request in and typed the CaPtCha verification in maybe 3 seconds before he did. I was able to get section 116 (1st section stage left without an obstructed view), row E, seats 1-2. His took an extra minute and a half to come up, and his offer was for section 120 (corner), row R, seats 11-12. I even put in an extra request on a separate browser at 10:03 for shits and giggles, and after a 15 minute wait it came back with "There are no tickets available that match your request." So it sold out ridiculously fast.

I know other people had trouble with AXS, but in all honest I prefer it if you know how to work the system. I go to a university where I can log in and use multiple computers with different IP's at the same time. For the January 2012 shows in Dallas, I had 16 computers up and running at the same time, all in the AXS ticket waiting room. I had heard rumors that their queue almost seemed to work in reverse order (the later you join, the better queue spot you seem to get), so I decided to stagger my waiting room logins on the computers about every 3 minutes or so, starting around 45 minutes before they went on sale. I was able to see all 16 screens when the tickets actually went on sale, and although there was definitely a randomness to which screens came up first, the later logins seemed to come up quicker than the earlier ones. I know it seems overboard, but I just fucking hate scalpers and didn't wanna risk getting fucked outta tickets for the shows (had a friend going who had never been to TOOL before, so I wanted really good tickets). For those who can't unfortunately use 16 IP's simultaneously, I'd seriously recommend in the future resisting the urge to get in the waiting room early. Unless they've fixed it, there's definitely some truth to those who wait longer getting better tickets.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Sounds like how scalpers would get tickets...
Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

But he's using his powers for good, not evil.
Ki77aan :twisted:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Kittaan wrote:But he's using his powers for good, not evil.
I wasn't inferring he was doing it for evil, only to point out that might be a way scalpers take all the good tix. It might be why new* tickets get released later. Scalpers abandon their bad seats for the good ones thereby putting the bad ones back into the ticket pool.

But, we all know ticketbastard is the real scalper here... putting most great seats on stubhub or other scam site at outrageous prices. :evil:
Professor of Lesbian Science
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

Is hellboy going to add threads in the tour section for the newly announced shows?
also known as . . .

Post by also known as . . . »

HarrySeaward wrote:Is hellboy going to add threads in the tour section for the newly announced shows?
pretty sure he is..........d'uhhhh!!!

ahemmmm. he needs to adjust the El Tajin date too. from the 22 to the 21. Not saying umma smurtarrrr
seen'em everywhere man
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

also known as . . . wrote: ahemmmm. he needs to adjust the El Tajin date too. from the 22 to the 21. Not saying umma smurtarrrr
Yo: Adjusted the date from the 22nd to the 21st now that it's confirmed: http://cumbretajin.com/2014
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

HarrySeaward wrote:Is hellboy going to add threads in the tour section for the newly announced shows?
I will, but if anyone has a burning desire to create the thread before I get around to it, then feel free!
also known as . . .

Post by also known as . . . »

Kittaan wrote:
also known as . . . wrote: ahemmmm. he needs to adjust the El Tajin date too. from the 22 to the 21. Not saying umma smurtarrrr
Yo: Adjusted the date from the 22nd to the 21st now that it's confirmed: http://cumbretajin.com/2014
Thanks Buddy!
it was killing me and I was NOT sleeping well!
seen'em everywhere man
3po1nt0
of Arimathea

Post by 3po1nt0 »

sit or stand at tool show?

should i be nervous for my front row dead center terrace 19 (balcony) seat at san diego that i'm going to be told to sit down? maybe i should try to trade it for a lower level seat? am i wrong in inferring that tool fans are now old and crotchety.

going to SF2 as well, going straight to floor there to avoid the whole situation but opted for a balcony seat at diego because it was a little less expensive. u get what u pay for, i guess...
3.1.97||7.11.97||7.3.98||8.15.01||11.24.02||4.30.06||9.7.06||9.8.06||7.14.07||12.10.07||12.14.07||8.22.09||7.18.10||7.19.10||3.12.14||3.16.14||10.31.15||1.9.16||6.17.17||10.20.19||10.21.19||1.18.22||10.8.23||2.14.24||2.15.24||2.17.24
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

You're at the whim of security to a certain extent. Otherwise, if everyone else is standing, then I'd suggest you also stand.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I still can't fucking compute they actually put seats in the GA at most shows in America.

Seriously?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

3po1nt0 wrote:sit or stand at tool show?

should i be nervous for my front row dead center terrace 19 (balcony) seat at san diego that i'm going to be told to sit down? maybe i should try to trade it for a lower level seat? am i wrong in inferring that tool fans are now old and crotchety.

going to SF2 as well, going straight to floor there to avoid the whole situation but opted for a balcony seat at diego because it was a little less expensive. u get what u pay for, i guess...

You paid for that seat. It is your choice to sit or stand. If they give you any shit, tell 'em it's a rock concert. Unlike those bizarre Aussies, most people stand in the seated sections during concerts. I don't understand how anybody could sit during a TooL show. The music moves me. There is no way I could sit still!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I've sat at a Tool show before for a little bit and it was still glorious.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

3po1nt0 wrote:am i wrong in inferring that tool fans are now old and crotchety.
Kittaan takes umbrage (love that word) with that.

KIttaan! Put your teeth in and tell this kid what's up!

edit* that looks like klittaan heh....sorry dude!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

[quote="Not Tyson"]I still can't fucking compute they actually put seats in the GA at most shows in America.

It's more like a few, rather than most. I've been to over a hundred concerts and not one had seats in GA
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

badkittygothgirl wrote:
3po1nt0 wrote:sit or stand at tool show?

You paid for that seat. It is your choice to sit or stand. If they give you any shit, tell 'em it's a rock concert. Unlike those bizarre Aussies, most people stand in the seated sections during concerts. I don't understand how anybody could sit during a TooL show. The music moves me. There is no way I could sit still!
Agreed, it's impossible for me to sit still during tool. With that said I was threatened to get kicked out rocking out in the aisle next to my seat. In the middle of fucking Eulogy! I was not impressed....
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Well, you do have to keep the aisles clear so just stay in your "area" and everyone else can fuck off.