General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Have something to say about this tour?  Planning a meetup, or chasing after some posters.  Here is the place to do it!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

How many shows you hitting up HB?

Do math?

What the fuck is this, highschool?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
How many shows you hitting up HB?

Just the Adelaide show.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Just got a standing ticket for Saturday in Sydney, seems they still have everything available, I bet scalpers are sweating right now. Eat shit. 
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

they should promote this leg as taking place in the future.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

cheeseballs said
they should promote this leg as taking place in the future.

It's my birthday in Australia right now.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I note with some interest that the Adelaide Entertainment Centre has a facility for those with hearing impairments to bring your own FM device to listen to the show.  Anyone with an "impairment" planning on going to the show with some kind of FM device?

Hearing Augmentation System – Patrons who require hearing assistance can purchase seats in any area of the Arena or Theatre and have access to an FM audio system. Simply bring your FM receiver, headset and tune into 88.3FM.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
I note with some interest that the Adelaide Entertainment Centre has a facility for those with hearing impairments to bring your own FM device to listen to the show.  Anyone with an "impairment" planning on going to the show with some kind of FM device?

Hearing Augmentation System – Patrons who require hearing assistance can purchase seats in any area of the Arena or Theatre and have access to an FM audio system. Simply bring your FM receiver, headset and tune into 88.3FM.

huh?

speak up!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

what?
SteveBobSteve
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

I think a lot of people would appreciate if somebody with a "hearing impairment" attends this show and "shares" some things afterwards.....
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

grr915 said
I think a lot of people would appreciate if somebody with a "hearing impairment" attends this show and "shares" some things afterwards.....

It be excellent audio therapy for the recipient, and no doubt others around with world with similar impediments would also benefit.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Random semi-related fact: I am deaf (was told when I was a kid "80% deaf") in my left ear.
Hey! Denty!
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

I'm surprised I haven't found any videos of the recent puscifer performances on youtube, there is a decent amount of APC but no puscifer.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Probably to do with the strict security and "militant" atmosphere of the Puscifer shows.
trustinmeandfall
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trustinmeandfall »

how easy is it to get weed at an australian tool concert?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Watching the football today and was looking at my phone  during the half time break and noticed something sounding like Mantra playing.  Thought nothing of it, and then looked up and saw it was an advertisement for the coming Tool show.  There were a few fancy graphics, and then Jambi kicked in.

Interesting to see a Tool ad on TV.  Tickets here in Adelaide don't appear to be selling amazingly quickly, with both GA and seated tickets still available.  Then again that's no surprise - Adelaide seems to routinely have slow ticket sales to shows.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

trustinmeandfall said
how easy is it to get weed at an australian tool concert?

Stand next to literally anyone in GA.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Hant seen any advertsing on TV in NZ yet, although the Rock FM station promoting it are thrashing it. small posse heading up from wellington, with a small group of us doing both gigs and a couple of us considering doing the VIP package. worth noting the VIP price for us is $526.50. I agree its a fucking absurd price but i've been a massive fan for 20 years now so any chance to get up close will be taken!
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said
Tickets here in Adelaide don't appear to be selling amazingly quickly, with both GA and seated tickets still available.  Then again that's no surprise - Adelaide seems to routinely have slow ticket sales to shows.
Really? I think I might take this as an excuse to finally experience Australia in all it's glory. Where would you recommend for the best Tool show? I'm thinking acoustics, etc. Might as well chose the best venue if I'm gonna be traveling overseas to a Tool show for the first time.

SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrazz said

hellboy1975 said

Tickets here in Adelaide don't appear to be selling amazingly quickly, with both GA and seated tickets still available.  Then again that's no surprise - Adelaide seems to routinely have slow ticket sales to shows.

Really? I think I might take this as an excuse to finally experience Australia in all it's glory. Where would you recommend for the best Tool show? I'm thinking acoustics, etc. Might as well chose the best venue if I'm gonna be traveling overseas to a Tool show for the first time.

Well Adelaide is the smallest venue of all of them (capacity is around 8000, while the other Australian venues are all 14000+), and still has good tickets available.  The sound in the Entertainment Centre here is normally excellent, so I think you could do a lot worse than seeing it in our fine town.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said

snazzlefrazz said

hellboy1975 said

Well Adelaide is the smallest venue of all of them (capacity is around 8000, while the other Australian venues are all 14000+), and still has good tickets available.  The sound in the Entertainment Centre here is normally excellent, so I think you could do a lot worse than seeing it in our fine town.

Two GA tickets down, VIP as well. I sure could use a beer.

SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

snazzlefrazz said

hellboy1975 said

snazzlefrazz said

hellboy1975 said

Two GA tickets down, VIP as well. I sure could use a beer.

^ So you really are gonna make the trek down eh?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Might as well. When I start work in May we won't have another vacation for a while. Wife digs koala bears, I dig Australian women (Miranda Kerr is a babe). Win win.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Nice! I wish I were in Australia.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

The Boss said
Nice! I wish I were in Australia.

Yeah, it should be fun. I hear Aussie Tool fans are less douchey than fans here in the US. Either way, I'm gonna get ready to put another shrimp on the bar-b.

SteveBobSteve