General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah right! Saw the reveal last week but didn't notice the email subscription and countdown. (Maybe coz I was in N.Z?)

Is the email you're talking about Tyson after you signed up to the frontier touring or got one from elsewhere?
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I was already signed up to frontier touring emails.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm Yeah right! Saw the reveal last week but didn't notice the email subscription and countdown. (Maybe coz I was in N.Z?)

Is the email you're talking about Tyson after you signed up to the frontier touring or got one from elsewhere?
I signed up on the link Frontier provided last week, but was already on their general mailing list. I haven't received any further emails since then.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I think I just signed up before but got no confirmation email. No doubt I'll hear of any pre sales on here anyway so all sorted
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I hope you all get shitty posters.
SteveBobSteve
fortysixand2

Post by fortysixand2 »

Nashville? In January? Again? Last time (January 23, 2016) there was a damn near blizzard the day of the show. The posters didn't even make it to the venue because of the conditions and they sold them on the website like a week later. I had to drive 30 mph for like an hour on the way home. Am I going to risk my life again to see Tool? Damn right.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 am Nashville? In January? Again? Last time (January 23, 2016) there was a damn near blizzard the day of the show. The posters didn't even make it to the venue because of the conditions and they sold them on the website like a week later. I had to drive 30 mph for like an hour on the way home. Am I going to risk my life again to see Tool? Damn right.
Right on! :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

The new US shows VIP presale is on the TooL website for purchase 13/11.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:51 am I hope you all get shitty posters.
I can see how it'll all go down in Oz:
TOOL TOUR PRINTS Artwork being an integral component of the Tool experience......
gets fish posters
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

liz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:40 pm The new US shows VIP presale is on the TooL website for purchase 13/11.
Read a long post this morning saying it's a pretty shit experience these days.

Tldr version. Rude staff make u feel anything but important . Hours upon hours of standing up waiting in queues, issues with car parking as meant to be included (check spam folder before the day ) etc
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:19 pm
liz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:40 pm The new US shows VIP presale is on the TooL website for purchase 13/11.

Tldr version. Rude staff make u feel anything but important . Hours upon hours of standing up waiting in queues, issues with car parking as meant to be included (check spam folder before the day ) etc
Yes, and I'm a little too important myself to pay for the experience.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah can't say I'd be interested, more a warning for those thinking of doing it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:19 pm

I think rudeness is pretty subjective, so take much of that post with a grain of salt.

That said, it appears to me the VIP experience has gone backwards to a point where it's not that "something special" that Adam wanted it to be when they first offered it.

It's nice to have great seats, and the soundcheck is interesting I guess (I'm not sure I see the appeal of hearing a song they're going to play in full later on), but I think removing the Q&A and the Tool "museum" type part really diminishes the experience. Long waiting periods and expensive drinks certainly remove the "VIP" part from the experience too - surely if you've paid $500 they can throw a free soft drink (or even a beer liquor licensing permitting) your way .
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Wait no Q&A or taking requests from the crowd during soundcheck?

Pass.

You got a link to the post Busty?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm Wait no Q&A or taking requests from the crowd during soundcheck?
Nope, sounds like it's just they play a song (you have to wait outside while Maynard does his bit) and then they wander down to the barrier for a quick group photo. If you're lucky you might get to shake a hand, but that seems about it.

FWIW, I can completely understand that a band wouldn't want to do a meet & greet (and how logistically that can be tough if you're selling quite a few VIP tickets). But make the experience better in other ways.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Damn it, I've got some troll questions I was ready to through at Adam, what's he going to do, throw me out?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm Damn it, I've got some troll questions I was ready to through at Adam, what's he going to do, throw me out?
I believe the existing restraining order is still in place
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm Wait no Q&A or taking requests from the crowd during soundcheck?

Pass.

You got a link to the post Busty?

Yeah I felt the same as all of your thoughts Hboy. The rudeness may have been for a very good reason , but without the Q&A and sound check where they play multiple songs of one's you won't hear that night , i really dont see the point of it all. Link below for ya Tyson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit ... your_spam/
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I hate standing around doing nothing, hard pass.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My idea of what a VIP could/should entail:
  • Free/VIP parking if the venue demands it
  • On arrival guests are taken to a suite, where there are chairs, food and a bar (make it no booze if you're worried about people getting hammered). Any downtime should be spent here (we all understand that touring schedules can be chaotic, so times when nothing is happening is expected).
  • Get out there for a soundcheck of some form (don't care if Maynard is or isn't involved)
  • Give the fans the opportunity to get up on stage and view the venue from a different angle
  • Get someone to talk to the fans about the show - a band member, Junior, tour manager, whoever is available. Someone who can tell a story and share the experience
  • Give the VIPs first crack at merchandise, especially posters since they seem to be the hot items. Surely at least unsigned ones can be made available
  • Excellent seats (hopefully goes without saying)
  • Water the fern
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

This is the VIP experience for Hotter than Hell at a cost of $150 where a ticket by itself would cost you $80. Great value and not a handshake in site!

Priority entry into the event
Elevated Views
Exclusive access to private toilets
Access to private VIP bar
1 x complimentary drink upon arrival
1 x limited edition Hotter than Hell Stubby Cooler
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Elevated views, private bars & toilets are a bit harder to achieve in most venues I expect. If you really want that you should just book a corporate box.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Yeah Gepps Cross is a little light on for corporate facilities!

i might have considered going if we got Cosmic Psychos but we got Everclear.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hotter than Hell is a scene I'd rather not be associated with
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I've been once, Grinspoon were playing. It was feral.