Tool - 27th April 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Righteousfervor said
Also few reports Maynard seems ill? Maybe not performing so good?

Maynard could not keep up with the rest of the band. He COMPLETELY stuffed up the first few bars of Vicarious and had to step away and drink from his water bottle during the climactic ending of Lateralus...

He was gone within seconds of the show finishing.

Still....the band had the crowd in the palm of their hand. I have never seen such devotion in an audience of that size.

fortysixand2

Post by fortysixand2 »

Hotdog said  
Sooooo, i need help now.

Where do i upload it to, like which site is best?

Do i convert it to MP3 or keep it as a WAV file?

Convert the WAV files to FLAC using a program like dBpoweramp then create a new torrent with uTorrent and upload to dimeadozen.org.
Chimichanga
Maynard Believer

Post by Chimichanga »

Newsletter is up. 
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Chimichanga said
Newsletter is up. 

Yep. And couldn't be more pointless and less informative if it tried.

I got the impression from last night's gig that any new material is a fucken LONG way off. Don't know. Just got that "vibe".

The band was definitely divided into two camps - three guys who pour their life's blood into this project and one guy who shows up to fulfill a contract....
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

fortysixand2 said

Hotdog said  
Sooooo, i need help now.

Convert the WAV files to FLAC using a program like dBpoweramp then create a new torrent with uTorrent and upload to dimeadozen.org.

Cool, thanks for that mate. I will have a go at that tomorrow.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Calfium Jay said

Chimichanga said
Newsletter is up. 

Yep. And couldn't be more pointless and less informative if it tried.

I got the impression from last night's gig that any new material is a fucken LONG way off. Don't know. Just got that "vibe".

The band was definitely divided into two camps - three guys who pour their life's blood into this project and one guy who shows up to fulfill a contract....

on FIRE!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
tw0str0ke
Maynard Believer

Post by tw0str0ke »

I don't think the comments have done the show justice at all.

I've seen TOOL 3 times now including last night and this was by far the best performance and sound quality. Yes Maynard had some issues at the beginning of the show but he fucking NAILED Sober, Pushit, Ænema, Stinkfist. 46&2 they absolutely smashed those songs out it was incredible. Being the fanboy I am Ænema would be the stand out song for me, the power was incredible and the vocals perfect.

But if you're going to any of the other dates don't pay any attention to the negative comments, I don't fully understand the Maynard hate but whatever, it's going to be great and you'll enjoy it. If you want to listen to the tracks played perfectly go listen to the albums

Live shows are live. That talent far precedes anything half the people complaining possess keep that in mind at all times, thankyou.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

holy fuck....eh..

first off..that poster is fuckin rad

maybe maynard 'was' sick...some food he ate?heat?travel?whatever?exhaustion(workaholic- you know fast paced,stress,work,booze,too much fuckin',traveling, and good old slave labour can do to a guy)....or he doesn't care...time will tell

now im curious about what substances these so-called 'negative show go-ers' were on at the show?  sober?(no pun intended)weed?booze?hallucinogens?and to what extent..not enough or too much? i fucking hate drunks at concert.....fuck up the intention of the show...the experience.

@crow/boss/fuckin tony        i saw what you said there..good on you

i wasnt there so not much else to say now

doink
go taff!
UsefulIdiot8665
Maynard Believer

Post by UsefulIdiot8665 »

budsyralli said
holy fuck....eh..

first off..that poster is fuckin rad

maybe maynard 'was' sick...some food he ate?heat?travel?whatever?exhaustion(workaholic- you know fast paced,stress,work,booze,too much fuckin',traveling, and good old slave labour can do to a guy)....or he doesn't care...time will tell

now im curious about what substances these so-called 'negative show go-ers' were on at the show?  sober?(no pun intended)weed?booze?hallucinogens?and to what extent..not enough or too much? i fucking hate drunks at concert.....fuck up the intention of the show...the experience.

@crow/boss/fuckin tony        i saw what you said there..good on you

i wasnt there so not much else to say now

doink

yeah I was sober. 
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

cool
go taff!
UsefulIdiot8665
Maynard Believer

Post by UsefulIdiot8665 »

budsyralli said
cool

I know! Right!?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

now im curious about what substances these so-called 'negative show go-ers' were on at the show?

far from negative, but I was on life, man... some people should try it... first time's free, kids.

regardless of the negatives and understanding that it's quite a subjective experience to relay, the show was great... hope tonite's even better for those in attendance.  I certainly walked out wishing it was possible to go again tonite.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Hotdog said
This was my first time recording a concert. The Zoom H2n was so easy to hide, luckily i had it in a place where i didn't get metal detected and no it wasn't up my ass. Sounds pretty good, just had it on auto gain and recorded on the best quality. I just left it going the whole time so i will need to cut and shunt in places which i think i can do that on the device. I had front row seats up the back which was perfect to record. There was a ledge in front of my legs and a curtain that totally hid the device. Also conveniently there was a drink cup holder in front of me so i put my iPhone in it and just left it video recording till it could hold no more. Didn't come out too bad. Might have got the first 5 songs in a row. 

Sooooo, i need help now.

I will have a look today but i have to travel back to the city in a couple of hours to go to tonight's concert.

Keep the wav files, mp3 is a no go, ever. Upload it in torrent format at dimadozen.org, if you don't know how to upload torrents, upload the show on speedyshare in zip or rar format and share it here, on fourtheye. someone will upload it on a torrent site, 100% sure that someone will. 
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

budsyralli said

1st post:

I'll be trippin my head off; as I like to do at concerts, and I allllllways have a positive show. I agree drunks are a nuisance, as I know how to handle my drink, and I hate people (well dudes anyway) interrupting MY concert. Fucking talkers, passers through parking right in front of you, pumped twits thinking that moshing is smashing into the people around them; I shouldn't have to move away, but its better than them blowin my buzz.

As for the intention of the show, just as how the music and lyrics were created by these guys.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAL FUCKING HIGH ON DRUGS.

1st saw tool at thebby theater 97, Maynard in boxers and blue body paint, goin off like a banshee, doin his shit perfectly. A.J. feet set in stone, recreating the magic. Playing live is their trip, their spiritual connection and I'm certain maynard was on another plane that night.

I really don't get all the haters. Arrogant? Arrogance is justified if you've got the goods, and these guys goods are on record.

25+ years of tripping and screaming will take their toll on anyone's voice and if he skips a part of a song that he knows he cant hit that night, or loses his place in a song cos well maybe he's a little drugfucked, too bad, its a live show and he needs to conserve his voice for the whole tour. If you want perfection go back home and listen to your albums. Be thankful for what they have given us and enjoy their live show for what it is...Not too bad a show at all.

Really looking forward to Tuesday night in Adelaide.

Adelaide setlist 16 years ago:

1 Third Eye

2 Stinkfist

3 Forty-Six & 2

4 Prison Sex

5 Eulogy

6 H

7 Pushit

8 Merkaba

9 Sober

10 Opiate

11 Ænema

fortysixand2

Post by fortysixand2 »

ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

[del:]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Some great shots from the show.  This one of Danny is my favorite. 

http://www.the59thsound.com/tool-photos ... 42013.html
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

From where I was sitting, I think tool did great. 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

badkittygothgirl said
Some great shots from the show.  This one of Danny is my favorite. 

Hahahaha that picture. I can tell that he really enjoys "drumming."
SteveBobSteve
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

It is the best of the ones the photog took of Danny.  There are a couple that look like he is taking a shit.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

fortysixand2 said
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=448372

fucking legend, you!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining