Tool - 28th April 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not sure why this needed moderation, but just approved it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

Justin from 4:50 fuck yes! Kicks that track in the arse. 10,000 Days is his album. Thanks for the vid.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
Not sure why this needed moderation, but just approved it.

His first post?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

A few pics I managed to nab from the Melbourne shows, most of which were from the 2nd night apart from the last two...I think.

ENJOY

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Good pics!  Thanks for sharing!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh holy SHIT the way they break up the large screen into various mirrored components now looks amazing! Way different than how they used it on the last US tour. Damn.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

The stage looks great.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Image 6 has got to be [spoiler]intension[/spoiler]... absolute highlight of the stage/lighting show...stunning visuals... props to Junior and crew cause that was flawless.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

petemasterpete said
Image 6 has got to be [spoiler]intension[/spoiler]... absolute highlight of the stage/lighting show...stunning visuals... props to Junior and crew cause that was flawless.

Yeah pretty sure you're right, what an amazing track that was live! The way the screens break up is pretty sweet. Actually have a few more pics I'll see if I can post later today. My fave is the first one though...always loved that dude on the screens  

Cheers team.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

One long song made from 2 jams from this one night.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

I really like what you did there aphex0! I do believe you are on to something! Possibly parts of the really long tune they are working on?! Both of these segues are from this same night in Australia?

IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

joeypants said
Oh holy SHIT the way they break up the large screen into various mirrored components now looks amazing! Way different than how they used it on the last US tour. Damn.

The mini-tour at the beginning of 2012? I'm pretty sure they were utilizing that setup on that quick little jaunt across US and Canada. The photos I have from last year show the same positioning of the screens.
Saje
Maynard Believer

Post by Saje »

Well it's been nearly a week for me to be able to get my head around this recent TOOL trip. While there is inevitably going to be disappointed fans after any show particularly on forums such as this & by such ardent fans of a band who draw so much discussion about their work, I can honestly say after 9 TOOL shows that the Sunday 28th show was right up with their best...Nothing will beat what they served up at Canberra (Aus) on the back of Lateralus in 01 but whatever difficulties they endured on the opening night of this run weren't on show the following night.
We all need to stop & draw breath & dare I say lose any expectations as to what TOOL will bring us, so what if Adam isn't a gyrating axeman pulling rockmove 72 from the 101 handbook, his riff work & all round architecture is so above any stage theatrics that some here seem to expect & if there has ever been one point that the band have always claimed, it would be that they are the sum of their parts & it's just not about any one member or showcase vehicle for them..
I read also somewhere that someone felt blessed to be able to see them on this night where there was a sense of family in the entire audience.
I could not agree with this any more & while the two big macca's bag of fresh shrooms that we found ourselves sharing with all that sat around us might have had something to do with it, the love & connection shared throughout the whole room was electrifying & harmonious at the same time so I want to thank my fellow punters for entering in the spirit of communion & that was essential for the vibe that fueled the band..
Fortunately for me, I did find my way back to orbit, albeit 4 days later...Terrence McKenna would have been duly impressed by the "Heroic Doses" partaken for this "holy experience."
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Intension said
I really like what you did there aphex0! I do believe you are on to something! Possibly parts of the really long tune they are working on?! Both of these segues are from this same night in Australia?

most likely nothing for the new sessions, rather revised jams of existing tracks... both are back-boned by Lateralus and Schism (and the schism jam, specifically, I've heard before or a variation quite similar).  For all intents and purposes, and only my take on it, they may be 'new' jams as in those attending may not have heard them that way before, but not 'new' in relation to music they've written for any future release.

that said, not knocking aphex0's effort in getting this together by any means
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining