Tool - 1st May 2013 - Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, SA

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

After a day off, Tool head over to the wine capital of Australia to play in my home town at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the 30th of April 1st of May.  According to the AEC website the running time for the show is:

7:00pm - Foyer & Auditorium Doors Open
8:00pm - Support
8:40pm - Interval 
9:10pm - TOOL
11:10pm - Show concludes

The venue is the smallest on the tour, so will possible be the most intimate performance.  Not to mention that I'll be there as well!

As with the other shows, there is no support act so that take with a grain of salt for now - Tool could be on earlier.  

Tickets are available in all categories for this show from Ticketek.

Sip & Listen are running a free wine tasting session at the Lady Daly Hotel prior to the show.  It runs from 4-7 and you will be able to order wine on the day.  I'll be there knocking a few back, so feel free to join me.  Liz might even be there too!

Any discussion relevant to the show may be posted in this thread, including spoilers.  Those wanting to avoid them should leave now…

Here's a handy seating plan should anyone need one: 

Fans of standing take note!

Show was postponed from the 20th of April to May 1st due to illness.  Here is the press release:

URGENT: 30/04/2013 

The Frontier Touring Company regret to advise that Tool’s Adelaide’s performance scheduled for this evening has been postponed to tomorrow, Wednesday 1 May.

Maynard James Keenan has been advised by doctors against performing this evening.

Tonight’s concert will be rescheduled to tomorrow night – Wednesday 1 May. All tickets remain valid and as allocated and do not need to be exchanged.

If a patron is unable to attend tomorrow night, they are advised to seek a refund immediately from their original point of purchase. Please seek a refund by Monday 6 May. 

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Choosing to skip out on the wine tasting thing. Not much of a wine fella.

Got GA, along with VIP, mainly so we can secure a good spot before everyone else clambers in. Try to get a spot center near Danny boy so I can stare at him all night. Hell, I may even attempt to make eye contact with Maynard and look at him as if I'm not impressed.

Where will you be sitting HB?
SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrack said
Choosing to skip out on the wine tasting thing. Not much of a wine fella.

Where will you be sitting HB?

Blair is setting me up with tickets, so I'm not 100% sure where they'll be, but going by last time I expect it'll be GA.

Wine tasting is free, and being a pub it also serves beer, so no reason not to go just because wine ain't your thing.

That said I expect you'll be too busy being a VIP.  Happy to meet up before the show though, or even some other time in Adelaide - you here for a few days?

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

You get free tickets?

That's bullshit.

The amount of time I've used entertaining you fucks I should be getting vip passes
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said
Blair is setting me up with tickets, so I'm not 100% sure where they'll be, but going by last time I expect it'll be GA.

Wine tasting is free, and being a pub it also serves beer, so no reason not to go just because wine ain't your thing.

That said I expect you'll be too busy being a VIP.  Happy to meet up before the show though, or even some other time in Adelaide - you here for a few days?

What a champ. I'll be in Australia for a few days, Sunday through Wednesday. Can't say I'll be in Adelaide long, we're taking it day by day and we plan on taking in as much as we can before we head back to work. Hope to see you at the show. Like I said, I'll be eye fucking Carey's drum kit.
SteveBobSteve
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

The wine tasting starts at 4:30 right? ...Do we know when it finishes? Do we expect it'll continue on up until doors open?

HB... What's your likelihood of scoring back stage / vip access?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MarryHanback said
The wine tasting starts at 4:30 right? ...Do we know when it finishes? Do we expect it'll continue on up until doors open?

HB... What's your likelihood of scoring back stage / vip access?

Wine tasting in 4-7 as per the OP.  

VIP access no, backstage seems likely, though as I discovered in Melbourne, that doesn't neccessarily mean I'll be hob knobbing with Maynard, Adam, Justin & Danny.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Today is the day!  See those of you in attendance later on tonight!  Snazzle - send me some kind of message...
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
Today is the day!  See those of you in attendance later on tonight!  Snazzle - send me some kind of message...

Enjoy fellas... hope it's a great one!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Did you get your ticket and all that sorted out?

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

Did you get your ticket and all that sorted out?

Everything seems to be in order thus far.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

have a great night tonight Hell boy!!!

i'm pleased blair looks after you with tix etc, just reward for the time and effort you put into this site.

counting down the days to Auckland....
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Have a great time HB!!!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl said
Have a great time HB!!!

Seconded.  Here's hoping for at least a tune or two altered set list... and a great performance now that the band has it's legs under themselves.

EDIT: This goes for Snazz as well.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Go nuts tonight, mate! All the best . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

We want a pic of that backstage pass!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

May do some twittering tonight (security pending) so if you want news as soon as it happens you may want to hit up the Fourtheye account: https://twitter.com/fourtheye
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

A TooL tv commercial.  Well, I can say this is the first time I've ever seen one.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

What's with the vagina-hands everywhere?

Lazy Bones Jones is fucking messed up in the head, dude, seriously.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

mmmmmm...vagina hands
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Have fun, HB!
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

badkittygothgirl said
A TooL tv commercial.  Well, I can say this is the first time I've ever seen one.

Looks like they've overestimated Aus's patience toward them for this tour. The exchange rate has brought so many bands out here recently, I guess so many fence sitting fans couldn't justify paying the price with the lack of a new album hype behind it. makes me a little scared what the atmosphere will be like for night 2 in Sydney. Would be weird seeing Tool play to a half filled stadium.. 

Have a top night all going tonight, hope she's a beauty! 
PaulB
Maynard Believer

Post by PaulB »

Just arrived in Adelaide! Drove from Melbourne, left yesterday and stayed overnight in Horsham. Checked into the Mercure hotel now which I believe is not too far from the AEC, and will be getting dinner before tonight's show. Looking forward to the show as the first two Melbourne shows were obviously in a bigger stadium, so this one might be more intimate.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else road-tripping this tour? I'm from Melbourne and did the first two Melbourne shows, then drove to Adelaide for this one, then I'll be moving on to Sydney tomorrow and then Brisbane. Not going to NZ. Doing it all on my own but it's still quite fun.

If anyone wants to come and say hello, I'll be in Row D of Section 7.

Look for the guy with spiky black hair wearing a suit jacket.

UsefulIdiot8665
Maynard Believer

Post by UsefulIdiot8665 »

Oh boy. Um.

According to Frontier Touring, the show has been postponed to tomorrow night... Nardo is sick apparently....

http://www.frontiertouring.com/index.php?newsID=1100

Let the flames begin.