Tool - 8th, 9th May 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Whether or not you're going on the 8th or the 9th, here's some general info.

5.00 pm -Bistro Arena opens
6.30 pm - Doors open
7.30 pm - SPECIAL GUESTS: JAKOB
8.10 pm - Intermission
8.40 pm - TOOL
10.40 pm - Approx. show end

Also, they stressed that if you bring any type of recording equipment (including mobile phones) into the venue, you'll get that piece of equipment taken off you, and you'll get kicked out. Oh and you wont get your confiscated item back.

There's gonna be a bag search, accompanied by a pat down and metal detector, so stay smart peeps. No backpacks or large handbags allowed, and the same old rules apply, no moshing or crowd surfing. Unlikely that the former will not happen. There's a merch trailer outside the venue that will open at approximately 4pm, accompanied with two other merch stalls inside the vector arena, presumably selling T shirts, posters, CD's etc.

Personally, I'm going on both nights. One night seated and one night standing. Looking forward to it to say the least. Will be sporting one of my (various) Tool t's one night, and my Jakob one on the other. See you guys there!

~ Nick
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

Thats insane! I highly doubt they are going to take everyones mobile phones off them on the way in, they would have thousands of them... Just scare tactics I'd imagine.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

No, it doesnt say mobile phones are not allowed, it says cameras are not allowed:

CAMERAS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE ARENA and it is also requested that patrons do not take any photos, videos or make audio recordings with their mobile phones, tablets or any other devices.
We're sure you will respect  this request from the band and will also understand our need to enforce this policy. If you choose to violate the policy, you will be ejected from the venue and not permitted to re-enter, and any audio/video materials confiscated will not be returned. We'd hate for this to happen to you, so please, DON'T MAKE ANY RECORDINGS OF THE SHOW. Thanks for your understanding!

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Yeah well that's standard and sounds more like it, security normally pretty laid back at Vector from past shows I've been to
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As long as you don't leave your phone the air obviously recording for more than about 20 seconds at a time I imagine you'll be just fine.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Gwarden said
No, it doesnt say mobile phones are not allowed, it says cameras are not allowed:

CAMERAS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE ARENA and it is also requested that patrons do not take any photos, videos or make audio recordings with their mobile phones, tablets or any other devices.
We're sure you will respect  this request from the band and will also understand our need to enforce this policy. If you choose to violate the policy, you will be ejected from the venue and not permitted to re-enter, and any audio/video materials confiscated will not be returned. We'd hate for this to happen to you, so please, DON'T MAKE ANY RECORDINGS OF THE SHOW. Thanks for your understanding!

We're both right. It says this;

"At the request of the artists, CAMERAS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE ARENA and it is also requested that patrons do not take any photos, videos or make audio recordings with their mobile phones, tablets or any other devices."

Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

My point being that cellphones are not going to be confiscated but cameras will be
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

^ Easily the worst conversation/argument we've had in FourthEye in recent memory.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Gwarden said
My point being that cellphones are not going to be confiscated but cameras will be

Hence why I said "we're both right"

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

What do you think Danza? Who's right on this one...
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Righteousfervor said

Everyone's a winner here at Fourtheye.net!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Righteousfervor said

Not sure - passed out from boredom for a bit there.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

NickTheGC said

Righteousfervor said

Ah, I would have to go with the other dude, simply because you implied that the venue staff will confiscate your cell phone on entry, which is obviously not true.  They would NEVER get away with that because people are now attached to their cells by umbilical cords... just would not happen.  If you hadn't added that, I don't think there would have been an argument in the first place. 

Let's just let it die now, please.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said

NickTheGC said

Righteousfervor said

Ah, I would have to go with the other dude, simply because you implied that the venue staff will confiscate your cell phone on entry, which is obviously not true.  They would NEVER get away with that because people are now attached to their cells by umbilical cords... just would not happen.  If you hadn't added that, I don't think there would have been an argument in the first place. 

Let's just let it die now, please.

Now see I'm going to have to disagree.  I think there is much more to debate and you're an ass for trying to cut this discussion short.

Don't mow your lawn
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

This is so petty and ridiculous that it's comical. So, BACK ON TOPIC, who's going to see them in Auckland? And what show? Should be good guys
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

OOOOOOKKKKKK. Let's clear this up:

Much like with most bands these days, they really don't want you to walk in to the venue with a camera, no matter how big or small. If you attempt to enter the venue with a camera, it will be confiscated/you'll have problems.

While everyone is aware of the fact that phones have cameras in them, they will not confiscate your phone on entry. However, if you are caught using your phone to record or otherwise capture the performance, they will confiscate it/you'll have problems.

Absolutely insane that this was a conversation to begin with.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

NickTheGC said
This is so petty and ridiculous that it's comical. So, BACK ON TOPIC, who's going to see them in Auckland? And what show? Should be good guys

Going to both, seated first night standing second. Will be my 4th and 5th shows after seeing them in Christchurch in '97, '01 and '02. Am incredibly excited, especially for my girlfriend who has never seen them. From all accounts, the stage presentation this year is stellar, and while the setlist may not be to everyones tastes, I like the look of it.

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Gwarden said

NickTheGC said

Going to both, seated first night standing second. Will be my 4th and 5th shows after seeing them in Christchurch in '97, '01 and '02. Am incredibly excited, especially for my girlfriend who has never seen them. From all accounts, the stage presentation this year is stellar, and while the setlist may not be to everyones tastes, I like the look of it.

The setlist choice so far seems to appeal more to me as each day goes by. I'm just happy that I can see them live - let's just say that I'm a "Tool virgin". I'm standing on the first night, and seated on the second. It'll be interesting upon reflection as to see how different the experiences were in those two different circumstances. I'm beginning to think that I may in fact enjoy the seated show more, as the visual experience will be unmatched.

I'm just glad that I can finally witness my favourite band play live. Whereas my second favourite band, Deftones, have never, I repeat NEVER done a show in New Zealand (except for the Big Day Out festival) which, on another note is suprising as they seem to be constantly touring. Matter of fact, they just announced another 5 month world tour, playing 5 shows in Australia, yet, as always, missing out New Zealand. I don't even question them anymore. It's like they have some sort of Vendetta against my country

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Wait I'm confused, if I duct tape my camera to my phone then can I take it in?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Righteousfervor said

Probably not, if one can still be removed from the other.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Righteousfervor said

Depends in if your anus is big enough to sick it up before going through security
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Righteousfervor said

Depends in if your anus is big enough to sick it up before going through security

Whoa, this thread suddenly took a dark turn, didn't it.

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

hellboy1975 said

Righteousfervor said

Should be I'll give it a test run tonight and report back, the pics I get might be a bit shitty though...
tOOLNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by tOOLNZ »

am so excited for these two shows in auckland.

Am seated first night, second night GA. Cant believe my luck seeing them two days in a row. Got time off work too so will be indulging in my TOOL fetish hard!