Tool - 8th, 9th May 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

hellboy1975 said

dickleiper said 
 Good luck with your son. My mate was at one of the Melbourne shows in the stands and a guy had bought his 7 year old, even wearing ear plugs, the kid started crying as it was too loud when they started soundchecking danny's drum kit. He removed his kid from the arena and was never seen again...

Poor guy!

what a waste....

Taking a 7 year old to a show is a stupid idea.  People need to let kids be kids and not attempt to introduce them to the adult world quite so early.

I was taken to a George Strait concert when I was 7 and the same thing happened to me.  Can't decide if it was the country or the sound level.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

phox_ said

hellboy1975 said

dickleiper said 
 Good luck with your son. My mate was at one of the Melbourne shows in the stands and a guy had bought his 7 year old, even wearing ear plugs, the kid started crying as it was too loud when they started soundchecking danny's drum kit. He removed his kid from the arena and was never seen again...

Poor guy!

what a waste....

Taking a 7 year old to a show is a stupid idea.  People need to let kids be kids and not attempt to introduce them to the adult world quite so early.

I was taken to a George Strait concert when I was 7 and the same thing happened to me.  Can't decide if it was the country or the sound level.

It was probably the country.

Don't mow your lawn
StrayDogNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by StrayDogNZ »

Setlist from tonight: http://i.imgur.com/omzZh1w.jpg?1?7774

Looking forward to seeing if/how they mix it up tomorrow night.

Aenima material was a highlight, especially the old Chet Zar era visuals for 46&2!
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

StrayDogNZ said
Setlist from tonight: http://i.imgur.com/omzZh1w.jpg?1?7774

Looking forward to seeing if/how they mix it up tomorrow night.

Aenima material was a highlight, especially the old Chet Zar era visuals for 46&2!

Wait were you the guy who got the drumstick AND the setlist? Haha great night man

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Was an absolutely amazing show. Period. Everyone was spot on except for a few minute slip-ups, one would also argue that Maynard's vocals were are a little too quiet until the intermission.

Was an exceptional performance by all members. Great mosh too!
trustinmeandfall
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trustinmeandfall »

the show was pretty fucking great. Crowd was probably the best I've been in at a tool concert
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Moshing at Tool seems so weird since their songs are in such weird signature, like 7/7 etc... Though I would absolutely join the mosh if there were any, in melbourne it wasn't. Lame ass crowds sucks! Glad Auckland delivered a good crowd! 
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

general white said
Moshing at Tool seems so weird since their songs are in such weird signature, like 7/7 etc... Though I would absolutely join the mosh if there were any, in melbourne it wasn't. Lame ass crowds sucks! Glad Auckland delivered a good crowd! 

Yeah, Jambi's in 9/8 and 6/4. Not to mention Lateralus's crazy time signatures. The crowd was pumping! Got a bit sweaty, but hey, we're all one big family

Going seated tomorrow, will be interesting to see as to how different the experience will be. Can't wait!

Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Looking up during Aenima and seeing the entire Arena moving as one was truly gratifying

Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

NickTheGC said

general white said

Yeah, Jambi's in 9/8 and 6/4. Not to mention Lateralus's crazy time signatures. The crowd was pumping! Got a bit sweaty, but hey, we're all one big family

Going seated tomorrow, will be interesting to see as to how different the experience will be. Can't wait!

I was in GA in Melbourne until the intermission and then sat for the rest. Found some spare seats on my way back. Security was actually pretty lax. To get to GA you had to walk down through the stands and you could go anywhere if you wanted.

In Adelaide I had seating and it didn't look easy to get down to GA.

Overall my experience was best in Adelaide. I was front and centre, maybe 10-15 rows up with full view. In Melbourne where I sat, it was almost side on and you don't get the full effect of the production. 
trugs26
Maynard Believer

Post by trugs26 »

That was a great show. I had front row seats, I couldn't have asked for better ones really. The band was tight. Maynard was a bit hard to hear in a few songs; he was okay in Third Eye, but after that and up until the intermission he was a bit hard to hear. After the intermission he was quite clear though. My personal highlights were Ænema, the synth+drum solo, Jambi, the end part of Lateralus and 46 & 2. TOOL were particularly impressive after the break.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Intermission running at all during the intermission Would've been a nice touch. 
katzenjammer
Maynard Believer

Post by katzenjammer »

NickTheGC said

Gwarden said

NickTheGC said
This is so petty and ridiculous that it's comical. So, BACK ON TOPIC, who's going to see them in Auckland? And what show? Should be good guys

Going to both, seated first night standing second. Will be my 4th and 5th shows after seeing them in Christchurch in '97, '01 and '02. Am incredibly excited, especially for my girlfriend who has never seen them. From all accounts, the stage presentation this year is stellar, and while the setlist may not be to everyones tastes, I like the look of it.

The setlist choice so far seems to appeal more to me as each day goes by. I'm just happy that I can see them live - let's just say that I'm a "Tool virgin". I'm standing on the first night, and seated on the second. It'll be interesting upon reflection as to see how different the experiences were in those two different circumstances. I'm beginning to think that I may in fact enjoy the seated show more, as the visual experience will be unmatched.

I'm just glad that I can finally witness my favourite band play live. Whereas my second favourite band, Deftones, have never, I repeat NEVER done a show in New Zealand (except for the Big Day Out festival) which, on another note is suprising as they seem to be constantly touring. Matter of fact, they just announced another 5 month world tour, playing 5 shows in Australia, yet, as always, missing out New Zealand. I don't even question them anymore. It's like they have some sort of Vendetta against my country

I saw Deftones at The Powerstation in 99 i believe. It was a killer show and they were insane in that venue. Sucks they are not coming back here on the current tour. would love to see that again. Have seen tool 5 times so not going to these current shows. Although from what i am seeing and reading i wish i was
blaz
Maynard Believer

Post by blaz »

Hi all. After being a reader here for sometime, I've finally taken the plunge and registered. 

3rd time seeing the guys in 2 weeks (both Melbourne shows).  First night going GA tonight. The highlights for me were 3rd eye, pushit and aenima. 

Auckland didn't get the large main screen behind/above the band like we did in Melbourne (and the rest of Aus, I assume) which was a shame. 

We had some first timers with us tonight, and naturally, they were blown away. 

I can't wait to do it all again in 12 hours. 

Also, a mate and I did the VIP before the gig. We both agree that we got our money's worth. It was such an awesome experience being at the sound check with just a handful of other people. Swamp song (minus Maynard) was unexpected, thank you to the person that asked if the band would play it!

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

blaz said
Hi all. After being a reader here for sometime, I've finally taken the plunge and registered. 
3rd time seeing the guys in 2 weeks (both Melbourne shows).  First night going GA tonight. The highlights for me were 3rd eye, pushit and aenima. 
Auckland didn't get the large main screen behind/above the band like we did in Melbourne (and the rest of Aus, I assume) which was a shame. 
Also, a mate and I did the VIP before the gig. We both agree that we got our money's worth. It was such an awesome experience being at the sound check with just a handful of other people. Swamp song (minus Maynard) was unexpected, thank you to the person that asked if the band would play it!

Wow.  That's interesting.  Unless I missed it, haven't seen that mentioned yet.  Heard about Eulogy sans MJK at a previous VIP.

More details? 
Ki77aan :twisted:
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

They nailed Third Eye, really seemed up for it and Nard's vocals were amazing. He didn't seem to put as much effort into some of the other tracks but still a great gig. Jakob's first track Malachtite was pretty epic too!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

blaz said

Did you also get the picture with Adam I was commenting on in FB  Swamp song would have been sick if they busted that out. I did mention it in the questions to Adam thread, but only so HB would bite haha
tOOLNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by tOOLNZ »

Absolutely amazing show last night. on the countdown for GA tonight now

Here is a great review of show and also including first VIP review from a journo: http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-review/tabi ... fault.aspx
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

"The next album will probably be available digitally"

Did May Jay finally convince Mr. Jones to do this? Perhaps a compromise of only the album as a whole can be bought?
Hey! Denty!
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

I was wondering if there was going to be any comment from May Jay about how the gig was taking place on Fibonacci day (At least, in the American format... 5/8/13...)
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

tOOLNZ said
Absolutely amazing show last night. on the countdown for GA tonight now

Here is a great review of show and also including first VIP review from a journo: http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-review/tabi ... fault.aspx

Thanks for posting that link.

So, the slim hopes i have of the Lateralus era DVD ever coming out are now kiboshed...

Well, you'd at least think the audio should be fine, release it as an album at least, guys!!!

Give us another Salivial! 
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Pics of the print are where?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm still hopeful we'll see some live recording one day, most likely audio only. My guess is their problem is more to do with the video element than the audio.
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

hellboy1975 said
I'm still hopeful we'll see some live recording one day, most likely audio only. My guess is their problem is more to do with the video element than the audio.

Would be hard to make the band happy with a live DVD I'd imagine. Maynard likes to stand in the shadows and Adam doesn't move much,  I can imagine editing the footage may be tough to make it dynamic and to everyones liking.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Looking forward to finding out what the setlist is for this last NZ show.  

Also, please continue to post links for any quality boots...
Ki77aan :twisted:
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Kittaan said
Looking forward to finding out what the setlist is for this last NZ show.  

Also, please continue to post links for any quality boots...

Me too my guess is same as Sydney second night after playing Third Eye last night