Tool - 8th, 9th May 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

You'd assume that, with Opiate maybe swapping for Sober.. Big maybe though.. 
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

They opened with Hooker, but no Opiate, sounds like it went the same as the night before after Hooker according to reports from friends at the gig
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

Hooker With a Penis
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Vicarious
Intermission (not the song)
Jambi
46 & 2
Happy Birthday to Danny
Aenima
Stinkfist

Setlist fm cant be right yet 9 songs?? no lateralus??
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

According to TDN:

Hooker With A Penis
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
--
Danny Solo/Cool Floyd-esque Synth
Jambi
46&2
Aenema
Stinkfist
StrayDogNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by StrayDogNZ »

9th May setlist: 

Swapped out Third Eye and Vicarious for HwaP and Sober - as much as I love Third Eye, Hooker's a much stronger opener IMO.

Everything seemed much tighter tonight - both band, visuals and vocals (dropping Vicarious seemed to help).

Also, we got a full image on the top layer thanks to an extra screen that filled it out.

Awesome night, awesome crew (thanks for the set lists!).

My sixth tool concert but first time seeing them back to back, no regrets at all. 

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Great night. Loved every second of it. Vocals were spot on, audio levels were near perfect, no slip ups and we saw an improvement in the visual part of the show. Super happy (:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

general white said

I sincerely hope that Tool realizes how much they've failed with the security. I sent Junior a message on Toolnavy with a link to the tooldrive, lets pray to god that he shows it to the other guys in tool. I'm 100% sure that someone either records the whole show, or just films snippets of it. Fucking hell, they can't expect people to just stand still for 90minutes and just applause at the end of each show. 

are you crazy? what are you trying to do? get them to up security more so its harder for tapers to do what has to be done to get a good audience recording ???  while the non tapers go "can i get a copy of that or post me a link to the good shows" unless u want to ruin it which i dont get why you would that was seriously a bad move!! fuck!
opiate250
Maynard Believer

Post by opiate250 »

general white said
I sincerely hope that Tool realizes how much they've failed with the security. I sent Junior a message on Toolnavy with a link to the tooldrive, lets pray to god that he shows it to the other guys in tool. I'm 100% sure that someone either records the whole show, or just films snippets of it. Fucking hell, they can't expect people to just stand still for 90minutes and just applause at the end of each show. 

Hope you guys who'll attend will have a blast, I still hope that they'll play something rare.. cmon Tool, don't be such tools!! 

Uhm... 

really?

Cuz, ya know....   Fuck logic and common sense and all...

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

General White:

Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

you people are just to easy. give me a break. comment above me sums it all up. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^ Ha Ha never even saw that guy
Hey! Denty!
tOOLNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by tOOLNZ »

TOOL two nights back to back. My body is sore from last night in GA. what an amazing time, the crowd was awesome last night..

Here is some video I took from last night they were pretty tight but judge for yourself!

46&2:

Aenima: 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting, looks like you guys got the 2011 era stage rather than the more current one we got here in Oz.  Presumably for logistical reasons.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said

hellboy1975 said
Interesting, looks like you guys got the 2011 era stage rather than the more current one we got here in Oz.  Presumably for logistical reasons.

i would bet they have the same setup in Japan as well. 

Possibly even less.  Junior told me that they were compromised in Japan, as they share Slipknot's lighting rig (Slipknot are headlining the first night, Sabbath the second).  He said the video & lasers should make it intact, but the lighting will be different.  Whether or not it's noticeably different we'll find out soon enough.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The lasers and the lighting did little to impress me, maybe if I wasn't on the floor though it would have been different.

Probably looked amazing from the top rows.
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

Tyson said
The lasers and the lighting did little to impress me, maybe if I wasn't on the floor though it would have been different.

Probably looked amazing from the top rows.

I thought the production was heaps better from the stands and directly in front.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I every spot in the arena offers a different perspective.  There were elements of the lasers that were fantastic from the floor - Intension and Lateralus come to mind.  Then again I missed the whole disco ball thing since I was in front of it, but no doubt those in the stands (and the more attentive) noticed.

Personally I prefer the atmosphere of being on the floor - I find seating a little sterile, but from a visual point of view I bet it would be just fine.
Thatlldo
Maynard Believer

Post by Thatlldo »

Hey NickTheGC, Deftones have played in NZ apart from their 2 BDO performances.

It was Auckland only.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

I sat for the first time at a Tool concert this tour , having previously watched 8 shows in GA & I'll never get GA for Tool again. Was fortunate to be bang in middle behind mixing desk giving great view/sound & was seated with some fellow diehards so atmosphere wasn't affected.. If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend giving it a go.. Saying that I imagine, sitting on the side of stadium may give a different opinion.. 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Busty McCracken said
I sat for the first time at a Tool concert this tour , having previously watched 8 shows in GA & I'll never get GA for Tool again. Was fortunate to be bang in middle behind mixing desk giving great view/sound & was seated with some fellow diehards so atmosphere wasn't affected.. If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend giving it a go.. Saying that I imagine, sitting on the side of stadium may give a different opinion.. 

it does... I've also seen them several times, on several tours, from just about every angle and in every style of venue (ampitheatre, arena, theatre, various festival set-ups) and I am going to go ahead and disagree with you on that.  That said, particularly dependent upon enhancers (winky face), I've never really had a bad spot for a tool show.  I will say, though, that the worst way to see a tool gig is seated floor in an arena... then, and only then, would I choose stadium seating.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
StrayDogNZ
Maynard Believer

Post by StrayDogNZ »

I got more out of the lighting set up the second night when I was standing on the right hand side of the floor - the lasers in particular looked much cooler as I could see the spread of them moving above me which I didn't get from the left side.
One minor complaint about the lighting (which may have been said before) is that I found the lights needed to highlight the confetti during Intension lit too much of the audience and brought me out of the concert a bit (a shame as I'm in the camp that loves that track and appreciates it's place in the set).

And for those who went on the second night, who else saw the lighting guy playing an Arena sized game of Asteroid during Intermission? That was awesome!