Tool - 12th May 2013 - Ozzfest Japan

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool are the second headliner on Day 2 of the Japanese Ozzfest (Black Sabbath headline the other stage following Tool's performance).  According to the timetable Tool go on at 18:05 and finish around 19:20.  

According to Junior this short 75 minute set will apparently take place using the Slipknot lighting rig from the night before, so the lighting may be a little different from your typical Tool show (video screens should remain largely intact so I'm told).

My Japanese is pretty rough, so I have no idea if this show is sold out or not.  Chances are anyone reading Fourtheye that is planning to attend already has a ticket, so enjoy the show!

Spoilers are welcome in this thread, however negative posts from those who haven't attended the show aren't, so don't do it!
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

My Japanese is pretty rough
the fest site has an english button for such cases
so I have no idea if this show is sold out or not
it was sold out a couple of months ago, as far as i remember, and the tickets for the 1st day are still available btw, here's the info:
http://ozzfestjapan.com/en/index.html
Tool go on at 18:15 and finish around 19:20
18:05
http://ozzfestjapan.com/timetable.html

my sweet Japan, I'm comin', embrace me
sayonara, 4th eye)

tickets:

Last edited by ziggy23 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
JamesDavid4th
Maynard Believer

Post by JamesDavid4th »

Flying in to Tokyo this Saturday from South Korea (i work in Busan). got a ticket for Ozzfest, Sunday only, as i'm only really interested in seeing Tool.  it'll be my 5th Tool show over the past 15 years, very excited! A weekend in Tokyo; sushi, sake, and Tool, sounds about right to me!
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

as i'm only really interested in seeing Tool

same thoughts
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Steel Panther, Dir En Grey and Black Sabbath are all worth seeing.  If you're going to be there for the day I see no good reason not to check them out.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Those Asian bands look hilarious
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

Steel Panther, Dir En Grey and Black Sabbath are all worth seeing.  If you're going to be there for the day I see no good reason not to check them out.

Sabbath yes, as for the other bands - i'm not sure at all, but of course we're gonna spend the whole day at the fest anyway, this was planned a long time ago
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Steel Panther are good fun live.  You'd have to have the stuffiest starch lined collar or be Victorian not to enjoy them.
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Watch Sabbath if you can, they were great in Melbourne
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

NSFW (In case you're blind)

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

JamesDavid4th said
Flying in to Tokyo this Saturday from South Korea (i work in Busan). got a ticket for Ozzfest, Sunday only, as i'm only really interested in seeing Tool.  it'll be my 5th Tool show over the past 15 years, very excited! A weekend in Tokyo; sushi, sake, and Tool, sounds about right to me!

Whoa. I'm literally under an hour away from you.

Wouldn't the ferry haven taken you closer to the festival, if you got it to Fukuoka? I'm not really familiar with Japan.

It would've been nice to go to OZZFEST, but considering my earnings this year, and how fucking expensive Japan is, it was never going to happen . . .

Have fun, dude.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Steel Panther is awesome.  I've turned several people on to them here in Austin.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

phox_ said
Steel Panther is awesome.  I've turned several people on to them here in Austin.

Steel Panther is completely disrespectful to the legacy of Hair Metal.  And all those sluts showing their boobies are going to hell!

J/K - love SP, especially the lyrics.  And boobies are always awesome.  Added a NSFW to the above vid, just in case the still didn't clue you.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

i can't stand glam, fuck it
- You like noisy music?
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

You people do need to realize that they're humorous with this thing, they all have characters that they play 
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

anyone willing to buy a poster for me at this show? (hoping there is one since it is a festival) will pay for shipping of course and their poster as well! pm me!
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

general white said
You people do need to realize that they're humorous with this thing, they all have characters that they play 

Yeah I thought they were making fun of hair metal. Or am I reading too much into it?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

sacredfire said

general white said

Yeah I thought they were making fun of hair metal. Or am I reading too much into it?

That's pretty much how it is.
JamesDavid4th
Maynard Believer

Post by JamesDavid4th »

@Tony Fuckin' Danzanah, the ferry to Fukuoka would make it all more expensive. a couple hundred bucks of train ticket fares from fukuoka up to Tokyo, plus the venue is only about a half and hour from Narita airport in Tokyo.

i am planning to see other bands at the fest, as i will be there all day on Sunday - what i meant was that my primary concern is Tool, but sure i'm up for Steel Panther and Black Sabbath!  ive been told Dir En Grey is always a good one to catch, so i'm sure i'll spend a fair amount of time up on the rails!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

JamesDavid4th said
@Tony Fuckin' Danzanah, the ferry to Fukuoka would make it all more expensive. a couple hundred bucks of train ticket fares from fukuoka up to Tokyo, plus the venue is only about a half and hour from Narita airport in Tokyo.

i am planning to see other bands at the fest, as i will be there all day on Sunday - what i meant was that my primary concern is Tool, but sure i'm up for Steel Panther and Black Sabbath!  ive been told Dir En Grey is always a good one to catch, so i'm sure i'll spend a fair amount of time up on the rails!

Ah, I didn't know where the venue was. Still, air tickets are expensive - I was quoted around AU$500 for a weekend return trip from Busan to Tokyo a few years ago (before I discovered the joy of kayak.com). I think my boss paid about W200,000 return for the beetle for a visa run four years ago.

Any other TOOL fans in Busan, or are you flying solo?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Seriously, check out their lyrics.  Pure awesomeness:

STEEL PANTHER - COMMUNITY PROPERTY LYRICS

I would give you the stars in the sky

But they're too far away

If you were a hooker, you'd know I'd be happy to pay

If suddenly you were a guy

I'd be suddenly gay

'Cause my heart belongs to you, My love is pure and true, My heart belongs to you

But my cock is community property...

Much, much more, here:  http://www.metrolyrics.com/steel-panther-lyrics.html
Ki77aan :twisted:
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy1975 said
Steel Panther are good fun live.  You'd have to have the stuffiest starch lined collar or be Victorian not to enjoy them.

I'm Victorian and I don't enjoy them.

I will mull over this alarming fact this afternoon when I order my usual vanilla latte and frosted apple slice.

ziggy23
Rent Freznor

Post by ziggy23 »

Makuhari Messe

Last edited by ziggy23 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- You like noisy music?
JamesDavid4th
Maynard Believer

Post by JamesDavid4th »

i booked my flight off kayak.com back in January, it was still close to $500 US round-trip, but i figure its a once in a lifetime type deal, so what the hell.

a buddy from the public school system is going with me, i work in a hagwon + do some company work.  we've got two nights booked at the Makuhari Toyoko Inn, and it looks to be fully booked for the weekend, so i guess we'll be making some new friends!
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I wouldn't go to Japan if you paid me.

That is, unless of course.....you paid me.