No votes
children
15%

Total votes: 26

bob
Toast

Re: New Moderator needed, VOTE NOW

Post by bob »

whats with this Bogan stuff ? some hobbit movie or something ?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Something upper class snooty city cunts refer to people that are less culturally woke
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

aah i see! ok. i think ''hipster'' is still the choice for younger whatevers around here. remember ''emo'',was that a thing in Australia ? that was pretty lame! its been gone for years now. that man bun thing prob takes the cake for worse b.s trend compared to any Bogan or whatever else. ha!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:13 pm ''hipster''
le sigh

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:12 pm
Something upper class snooty city cunts refer to people that are less culturally woke
Actually bob the bogans are a culture all on their own. Most of us have a little bogan inside which we embrace when traveling to exotic locations like Bali and Hamilton Island. If you were born in Far North Queensland you grew up a bogan and it is all you know.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

liz wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 pm
Actually bob the bogans are a culture all on their own. Most of us have a little bogan inside which we embrace when traveling to exotic locations like Bali and Hamilton Island. If you were born in Far North Queensland you grew up a bogan and it is all you know.
Ken oath mate! Minor problem there is I wasn't even born a Queenslander. Must just be special I guess :D
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Tyson!,,,sounds like something a hipster would say! ;)

easy man! i never put that much thought into that term! it reminded me of ''bogan'' cause no one says bogan here as far as i know. never heard it before.

another trendy thing kickin around are beards. i can only get one kind of aftershave anymore cause of this beard take over!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

almost sounds like the start of a horror movie or something. 'the bogans inside you'' :?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:30 pm
Ken oath mate! Minor problem there is I wasn't even born a Queenslander. Must just be special I guess :D
I know you weren't. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 pm
almost sounds like the start of a horror movie or something. 'the bogans inside you'' :?
Sounds like the aftermath of too many beers with Busty
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

@Liz I thought I'd have mentioned it on here before. My bad.

@Tyson. That sounds like a fantastic punk song catchy chorus ala dropkick Murphy's style.
'Feels like I've had too many beers with Busty'
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

What does Bogan mean in Canada?
bogan (plural bogans) (Canada) Any narrow water or creek, particularly a tranquil backwater. (Canada, North Western Ontario, slang, derogatory, offensive) An indigenous person.

Bogans in Australia are kinda what we caledl SKIDS here or use to. especially metalheads from the 80s with the mullets with tight blue jeans and the high tops...fn skids!!! not quite the same but Skid was a fun term to use around here. haha... STEVES old boss use to call him a skid! haha
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Always pictured Stevo as a bit of a skid tbh
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@Bob - are you down with Letterkenny?
Ki77aan :twisted:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Steve wears a Canadian tuxedo all day every day

Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm @Bob - are you down with Letterkenny?
naah, i saw that show when it started and i thought it was kinda lame tbh. some funny lines but id watch Trailer Parks Boys before i'd watch too much of that. even TPB i got sick of after awhile but its better then that other one.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:42 pm Always pictured Stevo as a bit of a skid tbh
bahaha. he called himself ''stevo'' for awhile and i chirped him a bit for that.

he was a skid for real! in the 80s he had the mullet and everything. megadeth patch on the back of his jean jacket. big pale blue comb sticking out the pocket to comb his mullet with! classic! Ha

good times!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bob I want you to be honest with me now...

Are you Stevo??" Kinda like Frank the tank. You've made a lot of steps since those days and your wife doesn't ever want Stevo to come out to play again?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:01 pm Bob I want you to be honest with me now...

Are you Stevo??" Kinda like Frank the tank. You've made a lot of steps since those days and your wife doesn't ever want Stevo to come out to play again?
:lol: That's why I say an excellent mediator Busty but perhaps life coach/councellor is your true calling.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Maybe I could council/ life coach mediators. All that angst they're subjected to daily, perhaps they could use a shoulder to cry on?
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

liz wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:08 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:01 pm Bob I want you to be honest with me now...

:lol: That's why I say an excellent mediator Busty but perhaps life coach/councellor is your true calling.
xxx wrong! im not steve and im not tyson. ill get a pic to show ya eventually but i gotta get it right first. soon though.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 pm
Kittaan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 pm @Bob - are you down with Letterkenny?
naah, i saw that show when it started and i thought it was kinda lame tbh. some funny lines but id watch Trailer Parks Boys before i'd watch too much of that. even TPB i got sick of after awhile but its better then that other one.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ooh snaap! :p
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

liz wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:01 pm
budsyralli wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:52 pm what does a moderator do exactly? my vote has been cast.
Thwart the plans of lonely Russian ladies seeking to hook up with y'all.
only if there hair is down.
go taff!