Which is the better TMOC track?

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Have a listen to the tracks.  Regardless of whether you like them or not, you'll certainly choose one over the other and I want to know which one.  Hellboy creams to the one I dislike[sp_show_poll id=" 16"], and there's nothing wrong with that except that he's wrong... Help me prove it

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

You could have been a contender Pete, you could have been almost anything...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It should be noted that from 3:00 onwards The Contender shits all over [R]etaliate, and that neither of those songs are as good as Pointman.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Is there a third option for both songs sucking donkey dick?  Fuck they sound like some sort of Tool-lite/Rage-Lite/Melvinsisssh wannabee mash up that doesn't work on any level.  But if I had to choose, the first song, Retaliate, is much better.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's worth noting that this band pre-dates all of those mog mentions.  Not to mention they sound nothing like Tool, RATM or The Melvins.  
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

No they do not.

They're both ok but I liked the first one better.
Hey! Denty!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

mogeffingmog said
Is there a third option for both songs sucking donkey dick?  Fuck they sound like some sort of Tool-lite/Rage-Lite/Melvinsisssh wannabee mash up that doesn't work on any level.  But if I had to choose, the first song, Retaliate, is much better.

regardless of your opinion of the tracks, your aural assessment is way off as hellboy said... if you said helmet sounded like them, i might agree
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

This was a tough one. I adore TMOC, and "ILL AT EASE" is one of the best Aussie albums ever. But I went with "Retaliate", because it's a little more intense, and I like the vocals a lot more.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

crow011 said
This was a tough one. I adore TMOC, and "ILL AT EASE" is one of the best Aussie albums ever. But I went with "Retaliate", because it's a little more intense, and I like the vocals a lot more.

nailed it... I think I'm falling in love with you all over again
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

petemasterpete said

crow011 said

/me flirtatiously waves penis in the air

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

crow011 said

petemasterpete said

crow011 said

/me flirtatiously waves penis in the air

*saliva production begins to increase to a level of excess well beyond the creases in my lips
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

My aural assessment is spot on.  I never said TMOC copied anyone's sound (hellboy), I said they SOUND at times, like a Lite version of a Tool/Rage/Melvins mash up.  If you cannot hear that in the guitar tone that shit is on both of you (pete and his boyfriend).  The bass playing sounds a bit like Filter, another shit band.  Fucking read before you type.

Bottom line, they fucking suck.  And I do mean suck.  There is nothing dynamic going on there at all.  It's pop rock.  Watered down 90s alternative pop rock.  The vocalist with his quasi spoken word bullshit is pathetic.  See Henry Rollins.

But, the question was which song is better.  Again that was easy, Retaliate by a mile.  The Contender might be one of the worst rock songs I have ever had the displeasure of listening to.  This entire forum has become dumber for having listened to it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said
My aural assessment is spot on.  I never said TMOC copied anyone's sound (hellboy), I said they SOUND at times, like a Lite version of a Tool/Rage/Melvins mash up.  If you cannot hear that in the guitar tone that shit is on both of you (pete and his boyfriend).  The bass playing sounds a bit like Filter, another shit band.  Fucking read before you type.

Bottom line, they fucking suck.  And I do mean suck.  There is nothing dynamic going on there at all.  It's pop rock.  Watered down 90s alternative pop rock.  The vocalist with his quasi spoken word bullshit is pathetic.  See Henry Rollins.

But, the question was which song is better.  Again that was easy, Retaliate by a mile.  The Contender might be one of the worst rock songs I have ever had the displeasure of listening to.  This entire forum has become dumber for having listened to it.

You remind me of a younger, more robust, crow011.

I will have to politely disagree with your assessment. I dig 'em, and have done so since I was seventeen. One of the highlights of my band-seeing experiences was COG supporting THE MARK OF CAIN at The Bar On The Hill at Newcastle University. Great stuff.

And fuck you - FILTER's "SHORT BUS" is one of the coolest albums ever. Everything after that is pretty bad, but still. That album.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

crow011 said

mogeffingmog said

I will have to politely disagree with your assessment. I dig 'em, and have done so since I was seventeen. One of the highlights of my band-seeing experiences was COG supporting THE MARK OF CAIN at The Bar On The Hill at Newcastle University. Great stuff.

And fuck you - FILTER's "SHORT BUS" is one of the coolest albums ever. Everything after that is pretty bad, but still. That album.

^ I'm older than you broseinhiemer.  When I was a teenager I went through the alternative phase.  Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass for listening to some of the shit I did.  A handful of decent bands but the vast majority of the 90s is just best forgotten.

But, for what it's worth, Short Bus is the ONLY thing Filter ever did worth a shit.

I'm out.  Have a great day dude.  Enjoy the weekend.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

crow011 said

mogeffingmog said

^ I'm older than you broseinhiemer.  When I was a teenager I went through the alternative phase.  Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass for listening to some of the shit I did.  A handful of decent bands but the vast majority of the 90s is just best forgotten.

But, for what it's worth, Short Bus is the ONLY thing Filter ever did worth a shit.

I'm out.  Have a great day dude.  Enjoy the weekend.

Same goes, big nose.