Positivity week survey

How positive do you feel?

All Rainbows and Unicorns
11%
Pretty positive in most areas
4%
Somewhat more positive than normal, but still not sure if Tool will release another album
19%
I am positive that Infinity needs to come back
26%
M0G & Liz are gone? Positive result right there!
11%
Fuck you cunts, I need somewhere to post my rage and questionable views
4%
I am very confused right now
26%

Total votes: 27

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Positivity week survey

Post by hellboy »

Positivity week is almost over, and it is now time to gauge you're level of positivity achieved this week. Depending on the result, the Infinity forum may or may not be reopened.

Vote away!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Positivity week survey

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Random Thoughts needs to come back, the rest of the Infinity forum I could take it or leave it.
Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I voted "very confused."

And that's because I had no idea this event was going on until today, towards the end of the event. Which, in my opinion, shows just how little I've been visiting the forum because I haven't wanted to have to wade through the muck of a certain poster(s) and/or posts made.

And I think that was the point of "positivity week;" to eliminate some of the muck. But I highly doubt, imho, it'll change the posting habits of some.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Random Thoughts needs to come back, the rest of the Infinity forum I could take it or leave it.
Shockingly enough, I agree with this.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:Random Thoughts needs to come back, the rest of the Infinity forum I could take it or leave it.
Shockingly enough, I agree with this.
That's pretty close to the action I am considering taking tomorrow. If anyone has anything they want to add on how the new Infinity forum should run, then this is a good a place as any...
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

What's wrong with stuff like the dead thread, drinking thread, movie thread, and the like? Some of those are actually good.

But whatever, it's your house, do as you think is best.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop wrote:What's wrong with stuff like the dead thread, drinking thread, movie thread, and the like? Some of those are actually good.

Noting is wrong with the threads you mentioned.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Thanks for the troll Hellboy and it worked! I'm here to respond supply my views which I'm sure are pretty evident anyway.

Censorship is a dangerous and unhealthy practice almost anywhere that it occurs. Certainly anything does not go and in most progressive cultures we do have laws to try and curtail extremes like hate speech.

This is not just your blog Hellboy it is a forum and the sum of its parts, those parts are not all you and do not reflect you, that is what disclaimers are for. Sure delete a post if you think has no place here or ban a poster if that is your want but to try and control the posts and tone of others by this sort of topic manipulation is beneath you.

I came back to this forum for the music news (not TooL news) and the posters. There is not terribly much music news to be had all the time, I'm not into sport and I do like to chit chat, play with words and ideas, and work out what makes others tick. If this is not the place for that then it is certainly not the place for me.

Forum dynamics are a fascinating thing, people are so very willing to be led.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Piggybacking off Liz I'll say that I came to the forum bc of the music and stayed, forever long I've been here, because of the posters and community.

That said, and this isn't a sob story just a fact, I have been coming less and less because of tyson. So kudos tyson, chalk me up as another notch in your belt, another feather in your cap. 95% of your posts are borderline, if not out and out, trolling and I'm not gonna wade through your nonsense looking for or 2 nuggets of decent posting. Which is unfortunate because it comes at the expense of the rest of the community here.
I like to poop naked.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

markuspoop wrote:That said, and this isn't a sob story just a fact, I have been coming less and less because of tyson. So kudos tyson, chalk me up as another notch in your belt, another feather in your cap. 95% of your posts are borderline, if not out and out, trolling and I'm not gonna wade through your nonsense looking for or 2 nuggets of decent posting. Which is unfortunate because it comes at the expense of the rest of the community here.
You're wrong but thanks I guess.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

markuspoop wrote:What's wrong with stuff like the dead thread, drinking thread, movie thread, and the like? Some of those are actually good.

There are like two movie threads in the "Video" section.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:Thanks for the troll Hellboy and it worked! I'm here to respond supply my views which I'm sure are pretty evident anyway.
Thanks for your opinion! Moderating a forum is all about manipulation. It's no above or beneath me, just a fact of life. There's no getting away from that.

In fact I'm quite happy with the results. It has proved to me that this forum is worthwhile.

For what it's worth, I largely don't have an issue with that M0G or Liz have posted, but they seem to be the ones that have taken this most personally, hence my dig in the poll.

Anyway, I've posted this before and I think it is appropriate now:

liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

To be clear Hellboy I did not take it at all personally (what do you mean largely? :))it is just that as a matter of principle I will never participate in a heavily moderated forum.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:To be clear Hellboy I did not take it at all personally (what do you mean largely? :))it is just that as a matter of principle I will never participate in a heavily moderated forum.
Personally is perhaps the wrong term. I mean you are the only two that have stopped posting since the change.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's also worth noting that keeping a forum ion topic s not the same thing as censorship. Not once have I removed someone's post because with any intent to impose on their freedom of speech.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:
liz wrote:To be clear Hellboy I did not take it at all personally (what do you mean largely? :))it is just that as a matter of principle I will never participate in a heavily moderated forum.
Personally is perhaps the wrong term. I mean you are the only two that have stopped posting since the change.
You are able to effectively manipulate this forum quite well enough with your posts, and I mean that as a complement. The fact that you closed off a whole section of the forum was really quite irrelevant to the outcome I tend to think.

For what it's worth this forum would be a lot poorer with the loss of either Tyson or Mog IMO.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop wrote:I voted "very confused."

And that's because I had no idea this event was going on until today, towards the end of the event. Which, in my opinion, shows just how little I've been visiting the forum because I haven't wanted to have to wade through the muck of a certain poster(s) and/or posts made.

And I think that was the point of "positivity week;" to eliminate some of the muck. But I highly doubt, imho, it'll change the posting habits of some.
You can't use the "Ignore" function, or are you choosing not to?

I picked three options above. Pretty obvious if you know me what they were.

I think this little exercise has been a good "reset button", so to speak. My attitude here is definitely something I hope I will continue to successfully keep an eye on. You can't win 'em all, but I'm going to try.

I think if people aren't either/both bastards are pussies, there's no reason for the "Infinity" forum to not come back. I would argue that the crux of our little community lies there, as it's where we see the more personal side of people.

But, as mention, it's your house, Hellboi - read into that what you will.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:The fact that you closed off a whole section of the forum was really quite irrelevant to the outcome I tend to think.
I agree, the closing of the forum was symbolic, and not meant to be a permanent solution to the problem.
liz wrote: For what it's worth this forum would be a lot poorer with the loss of either Tyson or Mog IMO.
I don't have a strong opinion on that statement to be honest. I think the forum would be different, not so sure it would be worse or better off though.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I leave for a month and I come back and I find this shit? What the fuck is going on? Did you guys have another big blow out fight? More inappropriate posts, personal attacks and the like I suppose? :P
Professor of Lesbian Science
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

basejumper wrote:I leave for a month and I come back and I find this shit? What the fuck is going on? Did you guys have another big blow out fight? More inappropriate posts, personal attacks and the like I suppose? :P
Well look who lives: there has been speculation. I think it was some throw away line of your actually. Just before you left. :)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yo Base. Glad you're still among the living.
Ki77aan :twisted:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Yes I am alive... just went on a jumping excursion.
Professor of Lesbian Science
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

so M0G and Liz are what's wrong with this forum.....

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Well here's my opinion.

I haven't posted a whole lot the last few days and that has nothing to do with positivity week. I've had a lot of difficult things come up in my life and haven't had time or energy. That being said, I have loved positivity week. I would like Random Thoughts back, but then again it doesn't bother me it's closed. I didn't once wish the infinity forum was open. I enjoyed signing on have actually having conversations with Boss and others, in whatever forum we were in. The overall vibe and feel of the forum had been miles better. I would like to see it continue however I believe people were just on their best behavior almost to make a point to HB on their opinion. I want the positivity to continue! And the Tool conversations have actually been enjoyable. I like the new 'reaction thread'.

....RITWYW
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

The Boss wrote:You can't use the "Ignore" function, or are you choosing not to?
I'm well aware of the ignore function and how it works. Just never used it, anywhere, and am not about to start with tyson. Not to mention that it still wouldn't fully eliminate the problem when/if people quote him. A majority of his entire internet persona (from his avatar to his posts to everything) is designed to get a reaction, not spur conversation because he "craves intelligent discussion." What a bullshit line to hide behind.
Last edited by markuspoop on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to poop naked.