Positivity week survey

How positive do you feel?

All Rainbows and Unicorns
11%
Pretty positive in most areas
4%
Somewhat more positive than normal, but still not sure if Tool will release another album
19%
I am positive that Infinity needs to come back
26%
M0G & Liz are gone? Positive result right there!
11%
Fuck you cunts, I need somewhere to post my rage and questionable views
4%
I am very confused right now
26%

Total votes: 27

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Re: Positivity week survey

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy wrote:It's also worth noting that keeping a forum ion topic s not the same thing as censorship. Not once have I removed someone's post because with any intent to impose on their freedom of speech.
Well you did delete my Hulk Hogan/9-11 post even though that was in the appropriate thread.
I like to poop naked.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Well here's my opinion.

I haven't posted a whole lot the last few days and that has nothing to do with positivity week. I've had a lot of difficult things come up in my life and haven't had time or energy. That being said, I have loved positivity week. I would like Random Thoughts back, but then again it doesn't bother me it's closed. I didn't once wish the infinity forum was open. I enjoyed signing on have actually having conversations with Boss and others, in whatever forum we were in. The overall vibe and feel of the forum had been miles better. I would like to see it continue however I believe people were just on their best behavior almost to make a point to HB on their opinion. I want the positivity to continue! And the Tool conversations have actually been enjoyable. I like the new 'reaction thread'.

....RITWYW
My only point of contention with this would be is that they've given us little to really discuss. They haven't put out an album in almost a decade, their website has been shit for a few years now, and how many times can we all rehash our opinions of favorite songs/albums/etc., etc.. Now when they do stuff (i.e., tour) then there is real, actual discussion about posters and set lists and how they sound and new little 30 second bits they've put into songs and all that. Or when one of them does something with their other bands, again, good conversation comes from it.

I mean, it may kinda suck for some newer people to the forum that come to talk Tool and they find most of us burned out on the subject and not wanting to rehash why HWAP is an awesome song for the 100th time. So maybe we could do a better job of welcoming them to the club instead of giving them our jaded, cynical bullshit right off the bat.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop wrote:
The Boss wrote:You can't use the "Ignore" function, or are you choosing not to?
I'm well aware of the ignore function and how it works. Just never used it, anywhere, and am not about to start with tyson. Not to mention that it still wouldn't fully eliminate the problem when/if people quote him. A majority of his entire internet persona (from his avatar to his posts to everything) is designed to get a reaction, not spur conversation because he "craves intelligent discussion." What a bullshit line to hide behind.
Sorry, man, but this makes you sound like a little bitch.

And saying that everything he says "is designed to get a reaction" is absurd. Everything you say is designed to get a reaction too, and right now my reaction is a slow shake of my head.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Oh no, crow's coming to his buddies defense and thinks i'm coming off as a little bitch.

my reaction to your reaction.
I like to poop naked.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

This is absurd.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Not Tyson wrote:This is absurd.
Which part?!?!

I'll probably end up taking my business elsewhere anyway. I'm all for some form of regulation but this place is ridiculous.
Already getting the feeling that my presence here is no longer welcome, so......
I guess that's the price you pay for sticking to your guns and for having an opinion that doesn't tow the line.

It was nice knowing you guys anyway. Most of you here are decent and I've really enjoyed the banter I've taken part in over the years - both good and bad.

Best of luck!!

Adios.

CJ
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Rolf Harris is being sentence tomorrow, CJ decides to leave today, coincidence?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:I guess that's the price you pay for sticking to your guns and for having an opinion that doesn't tow the line.
Your opinion on Tool, Music, Movies and other related topics of interest to Fourtheye readers are welcome here. Your (or anyone else's opinion) on topics like pedophilia, racism and other "controversial" topics are now beyond the scope of this forum. Feel free to express them, just do so somewhere else.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

+
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop wrote:Oh no, crow's coming to his buddies defense and thinks i'm coming off as a little bitch.
No, I'm not - I'm merely stating what your ridiculous stance on either not using the "Ignore" function or actively ignoring someone looks like to me.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that you were trolling just to get a reaction out of members like me

See how this works?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Was thinking about starting a new bicker thread to tear this guy a new arsehole but there really isn't any point.

That's probably the biggest insult I can give someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Was thinking about starting a new bicker thread to tear this guy a new arsehole but there really isn't any point.

I think I'm going to start going a little more hard with the "Ignore" function. If I've learnt anything from "Positivity Week", it's that the best way to not be a fucking asshole here is to simply ignore other people who tend to set me off with their stupid fucking bullshit.

Sure, I have no self control, but at least I'm doing something about it. :roll:
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Let it Go

The cold never bothered me anyway.

That ispositive thinking. Ya know, I'm freezing but I don't care!
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

He behaved like an ostrich and put his head in the sand, thereby exposing his thinking parts.
George Carlin
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Well that's how I feel about all the off topic stuff we can't talk about, but it ain't my house so if the shoes must come off . . .
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Not Tyson wrote:Was thinking about starting a new bicker thread to tear this guy a new arsehole but there really isn't any point.

*edited to adhere to the new forum rules*

Sounds terrific. Thumbs up. All good. Sounds peachy.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

YAY FUCKIN', POSITIVITY WEEK MDE ME BE MORE OUT THERE AND POSITIVE AND STUFF AND NOW I WANT TO LISTEN TO DIDO NOT IRONICALLY.

FUCK YOU ALL.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

1 out of 2 ain't bad.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Now, don't be sad...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

DIDO straight after TENACIOUS D.

Fuck you all, she's amazingly beautiful; both as a poet and a singer.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Nothing wrong with listening to Dido.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I'd listen to her.
I'd listen the Hell out of her.