All Them Witches

Music in all its forms and styles
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: All Them Witches

Post by Kittaan »

Will do boys. Pretty great start to 2022.

Marcus Miller / David Sanborn & Tool, both from front row center, then ATW.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Marcus miller is a freak. Tell me, does he change strings every song coz it sure as shit sounds it haha. Such a crisp tone that man has.
Listen to All Them Witches
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

From ATW Twitter account.

Excited to announce a project we’ve been eager to share - a Baker’s Dozen for you - 13 songs, one each month in 2022 plus an extra track.

The first track, Blacksnake Blues, is now yours. Listen here: https://t.co/KSvOObch03 https://t.co/0zkoJnxTa3
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:10 pm Will do boys. Pretty great start to 2022.

Atw happened yet ?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:32 am
Kittaan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:10 pm Will do boys. Pretty great start to 2022.

Atw happened yet ?
Sorry Busty, I actually thought I had posted my review.

It was the tits!

Well worth the wait to see those boys. Absolutely stellar show, start to finish. Ben is a guitar god, just stunning to be standing feet away from that dude just shredding. We are not worthy. Rhythm section, solid as fuck. Bass seems simplistic and supportive as you'd expect from a lead singer/bassist, but he's playing some sneaky tough lines counter to the Vox. Love his FrankenRick (you can see it in the pics). They are now touring with keys/violin, and he adds some nice texture. There was a point towards the end of the set where he was trading licks with Ben, and you could see the potential for him to have a bigger role.

If you get the chance don’t miss them, All Them Witches live is extremely satisfying. They are one of those bands that's an automatic ticket purchase every time they play nearby.

Here's a few choice pics from the show.

Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Thanks for the update dude! Looks pretty amazing! I'll have to keep that in mind if the tour close to me

Got a setlist link for the show you saw?
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yep.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/all-them ... 8d864.html

I think they finished the current tour, but hopefully they get back on the road again soon.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:54 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:32 am

Atw happened yet ?
Sorry Busty, I actually thought I had posted my review.

It was the tits!

Well worth the wait to see those boys. Absolutely stellar show, start to finish. Ben is a guitar god, just stunning to be standing feet away from that dude just shredding. We are not worthy. Rhythm section, solid as fuck. Bass seems simplistic and supportive as you'd expect from a lead singer/bassist, but he's playing some sneaky tough lines counter to the Vox. Love his FrankenRick (you can see it in the pics). They are now touring with keys/violin, and he adds some nice texture. There was a point towards the end of the set where he was trading licks with Ben, and you could see the potential for him to have a bigger role.

If you get the chance don’t miss them, All Them Witches live is extremely satisfying. They are one of those bands that's an automatic ticket purchase every time they play nearby.

Here's a few choice pics from the show.

haha pretty delayed reply from me sorry bro. Yeh they always had a keyboardist man, the fellow you saw was in the original line up, left the band in about 2017 or so, they recruited a replacement for about 18 months before he left, they turned into a 3 piece and now the original fella has returned. Man I can't fucking wait to see these guys live hey, every report I've had of them is they are amazing. If ya haven't checked out their new release live on the internet from their lock down show they streamed in 2022, get on it. Killer performance. ,
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Got a chance to chat with Parks (frontman / bass player). Won't lie, not overly proud of this one at all, in that I fanboyed waaaay to hard. Listening back makes me cringe , waffled on way to much with my questions, laughed to much and was to quick to skip to next question and basically cut him off. Was nervous fuck ya, but anyways here's a link all the same.

https://heavymag.com.au/rocking-in-an-i ... m-witches/
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That was very cool Busty, not half as bad as you implied. I’m a little hurt you didn’t mention my review, but I’ll let it slide :lol:

Thanks for sharing it. That dude seems completely chill. Can’t wait to see them again.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

haha sorry mate, forgot to mention it in my excitement of chatting with him.

Yeah he was a top fella, the convo itself actually went well, was a video zoom call, could tell he was having a good time with it, but listening back just makes me cringe for the most part man. Cheers bloke.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

What was that muffled sound in the background, like something was being stroked?
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

What can I say, the combo of sea eagles being on equal competition points with the knights coupled with the fact I was chatting with Parks just did things to me. :lol:

Game on thursday night ai
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

No Turbo ai
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well fuck (ai) 😐
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Seeing ATW tonight for the first of 3 shows. Residency in SF. They are amazing live.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Cool poster, but not enough skulls for my liking
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Two nights down, and despite the long drive to SF and back, time well spent. I always love experiencing full albums performed by great bands. It’s not that common. This is a tiny (250 peeps) venue. I’ve been up front both nights, hanging with heavy ATW fans who have hit 30 plus shows.

There were PLENTY of skulls on black tees in the crowd, HB :lol:

Tonight may be the most interesting show overall, even though Lightning was my favorite of the 3 studio albums.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:18 am Two nights down, and despite the long drive to SF and back, time well spent. I always love experiencing full albums performed by great bands. It’s not that common. This is a tiny (250 peeps) venue. I’ve been up front both nights, hanging with heavy ATW fans who have hit 30 plus shows.

There were PLENTY of skulls on black tees in the crowd, HB :lol:

Tonight may be the most interesting show overall, even though Lightning was my favorite of the 3 studio albums.
Don't think I've ever been more jealous of someone in my life of a gig they're seeing. If we weren't on ling service leave travelling Aus I would've flown over to S.F for all three shows. You lucky lucky bastard! Hope night 3 slays also mate
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It was probably the best of the 3 Busty. Even though it’s not my favorite album, it was so interesting to see them do it live. Parks came out before doors opened and spent about 20 minutes talking to us in the line. Really nice, genuine guy. Took a picture with us. I had a blast, and I told him I would have loved a 4th night with Nothing as the album. He laughed, but said they will likely do this again with their other releases and the Baker’s Dozen tracks. Wish you could have made it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

View from my spot all 3 nights. Image
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Man that's awesome, small venues too hey. Really hope I get a chance to see them before it's all over. Glad ya had a good time mate
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

250 peeps at Bottom of the Hill. Stage is tiny.

Yeah, hope they go to Oz soon Busty. Such a great live band.

I wish more bands I like would do the whole album residencies more often. I’ve been lucky enough to see Smashing Pumpkins, APC and at least one other do it. How great would this be from Tool while they can still pull it off.

BTW I’d choose Lateralus, Ænema and Undertow. But I’d take what I could get…
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

In fairness I think most fans would pick those three really. And yep big fan of bands doing that too. I'm hoping for cog to do the new normal & just visiting ep's one day. Had tix for karnivool with sound awake but then covid.