Nine Inch Nails

Music in all its forms and styles
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

fortysixand2 said
$99 for a pre-sale ticket are you fucking kidding me?! Oh and a $12.75 service fee. I'm sure there will be cheaper seats during the public on-sale but fuck you Trent!

Nope, that's what the TM prices are for GA and lower bowl.  Cheap seats are cheap though.

You can go to TM right now and check see the pricing for specific seats.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Chill316 said
I got my Vegas NIN tickets on the second pre sale and they were $71 a piece plus service fees. I don't think its Trent's fault. I tried the first pre sale for Vegas but that sold out within a min. and the tickets were still $71. I really think it depends on the venue for the price. Staples center show is closer to me but the Vegas show only holds 4000 people so I much rather make it a fun vacation and see them in a smaller venue. Really stoked for the show, my wife and I are just going the first night which is Friday. We shall see if I win any money gambling if we got to the second show. 

They've clearly raised prices though. Not that I'm faulting him, they bring out a really fucking $$$$$$ production each time, so if anyone's worth it, it's groups like NIN and Tool and so forth that put a lot of effort and money into the visual aspect.

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, I don't think this is Lights In The Sky part 2, but rather an attempt to blow that and anything current out of the water. Should be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve. Takes a lot of money not just for the equipment but to pay everyone and anything to put it together, along with the costs of moving the stuff and setting it up from city to city. 
Chill316
Maynard Believer

Post by Chill316 »

joeypants said

They've clearly raised prices though. Not that I'm faulting him, they bring out a really fucking $$$$$$ production each time, so if anyone's worth it, it's groups like NIN and Tool and so forth that put a lot of effort and money into the visual aspect.

Oh man does anybody else have a shit hole of a time tryin to post on their iPhone? Sweet 7 pound 8oz baby Jesus, I am up in the woods by Yellowstone and only have my iPhone for Internet. Word press must hate iPhones. Anyways I agree with you on the raising of prices. 

It seems that most artists that I have seen in the last 2 to 4 years have raised their prices. The production value in my mind has really made it worth it to me. HD screens with an amazing light show make it the total package. I also don't mind paying extra to get good seats. NIN presale helped me get some really good seats. VIP with APC and Pusicfer although pricey really made up for it with aisle seats and 2nd row and 4th row seats. Not to mention the sound check songs were fun to watch. If Tool does there VIP package here in the states I think it's very worth it for that extra cash to get premium seats and some sound check songs.

Seriously hellboy I am sure you know already but it is hell for me to post on my iPhone. If there is something I can do to make it run smoother, please let me know. Love this site. I am always lurking.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Chill316 said 
Seriously hellboy I am sure you know already but it is hell for me to post on my iPhone. If there is something I can do to make it run smoother, please let me know. Love this site. I am always lurking.

Get an Android.  Shit works just fine on that.

Chill316
Maynard Believer

Post by Chill316 »

hellboy1975 said

Chill316 said 

Get an Android.  Shit works just fine on that.

Oh snap. :/ ha. I dig my iPhone 5 just fine thank you. It shows my dedication to post on fourtheye to keep my iPhone. Ha

Anyway I will get back on topic and say if anybody is going to Vegas PM me if you would like to pre game. We shall see how the PM works on my so called shitty iphone. Wink wink. I will be bring some good ol southern Cali edibles. If you have not tried Auntie Delores pretzels you are missing out. 

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

David Lynch is directing the video for "Came Back Haunted"

http://pitchfork.com/news/51231-david-l ... ted-video/

Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

#1: FUCK yes!!

#2: Is the video a Twilight Parody?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hopefully the video is more enjoyable and better thought out than the song
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete said

that track goes right back to Pretty Hate Machine. if you're suggesting a David Lynch video/movie/fucking GEICO commercial isn't going to be "well thought out" you're more out of your mind then he is.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

NYHCster said

petemasterpete said

that track goes right back to Pretty Hate Machine. if you're suggesting a David Lynch video/movie/fucking GEICO commercial isn't going to be "well thought out" you're more out of your mind then he is.

anything could happen... everyone shits, which is quite apparent by the sound of that track... 
The Pot Snob
Maynard Believer

Post by The Pot Snob »

How many of you got free tickets of the NIN site this morning?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Pot Snob said

What?  Can you elaborate on this please?

Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

The Pot Snob said

Huh?...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

The Pot Snob said

>newb

>posts something earthshattering

>mfw

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

The Pot Snob said

>newb

>mfw

The only reason it caught my attention is because it seems like something Trent would do and the show I want to go to isn't on sale yet.  If there's a chance I'd be able to get free tickets then I'd like to know how, however small that chance may be.

Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Most likely trolling.  Nothing's on Twitter, and no discussion of it on echoingthesound.org.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Track listing and credits for Hesitation Marks has been revealed.

Tracklist
1) "The Eater of Dreams"
2) "Copy of A"
3) "Came Back Haunted"
4) "Find My Way"
5) "All Time Low"
6) "Disappointed"
7) "Everything"
8) "Satellite"
9) "Various Methods of Escape"
10) "Running"
11) "I Would for You"
12) "In Two"
13) "While I'm Still Here"
14) "Black Noise"

Credits
Produced by: Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, and Alan Moulder
Mixed by: Alan Moulder
Mastered by: Tom Baker
Artwork by: Russell Mills
Art Direction by: Rob Sheridan

Additional Musicians:
Pino Palladino
Lindsey Buckingham
Adrian Belew
Eugene Goreshter
Alessandro Cortini
Ilan Rubin
Joshua Eustis

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2WtPSGbOQ

Don't mow your lawn
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Ravenpig said

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

The Pot Snob said

>newb

>mfw

The only reason it caught my attention is because it seems like something Trent would do and the show I want to go to isn't on sale yet.  If there's a chance I'd be able to get free tickets then I'd like to know how, however small that chance may be.

I'd punch someone if this really happened. I dropped $70 on a shitty mid-level ticket yesterday. That's the most I've spent on any band that isn't Tool, so hopefully it'll be worth it. I missed the NIN train the first time around, so this will be my first time seeing them live.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It'll be worth it. NIN live is THIS close to being on Tool's level.
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

FREE?! I went for the $50 seats and ended up getting lower level, opposite side of the stage. Not bad but could be better. I just can't do $70 a ticket. Plus I gotta drive 3.5 fucking hours . NIN is the only band besides Tool I'd even think about paying that much to see though.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Ravenpig said
It'll be worth it. NIN live is THIS close to being on Tool's level.

Yeah? I'm really excited, but I feel iffy shelling out that much to see any band. What should I expect from the typical NIN show?
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I've seen every NIN tour since '94 and don't even know how to answer that question. Since he's back on a major label and all the info that's out expect a very high production visual concert that won't be like anyone else's. every tour they do is always different- visually and set list wise. Two good DVD/BRD are out there, 2000 Fragility tour (And All That Could've Been, pretty raw footage) and the 2006 With Teeth tour (Beside You In Time, very well "professionally produced" and has additional footage in extras that include songs from the 2006 summer ampitheater tour). 

Here's a clip from the BYIT extras. Not the best footage but I do love this song as an intro, and probably the most underrated NIN tour from a fans perspective:

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

@Flames of Birchmen, what Krazy^ said

Just look up their official live releases and know that it will probably better than that.
Hey! Denty!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

And All That Could've Been could likely be my favorite live release ever.  BYIT is also fantastic.

Either way Flames, March of the Pigs will likely be worth the price of admission alone